Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Venom is the best (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55515)

Dat_One_Boi January 28th, 2019 07:27 PM

Venom is the best

Venom is the best unit in the game, and I'll gladly argue the point.

All opinions are welcome.

IAmBatman January 28th, 2019 07:59 PM

Re: Venom is the best

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_One_Boi (Post 2250115)

I mean, he’s no Taelord. :-P

Astroking112 January 28th, 2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2250118)
Quote:

Or Hatamoto Taro. ;)

I would agree that Venom is the best Marvel hero, but classic 'Scape has more units that I'd take over him like Raelin or Deathreavers for their sheer utility.

IAmBatman January 28th, 2019 09:32 PM

I like Cap better, fwiw.

Astroking112 January 28th, 2019 09:45 PM

I had forgotten about him. Him and 4th Mass. is extremely strong, although I think that his adjacency bonus has a lot of potential even without them. Venom is still great as a standalone hero, though, and him and Spiderman are the first Marvel units that I would think to add to a classic army.

IAmBatman January 28th, 2019 09:46 PM

Yeah, but then you'd have to waste them on a Classic Army. :-P

Astroking112 January 28th, 2019 09:53 PM

"Waste" is one way of putting it. Seeing the Hulk take down a swarm of Ashigaru has its appeal. ;)

IAmBatman January 29th, 2019 07:01 AM

I'm just trolling. I'm pro-mixing, even though it's not recommended. :-P

Astroking112 January 29th, 2019 01:40 PM

I know. It's always fun to remember when I decided to take the Hulk in a Castle Siege, when the Omnicron Snipers found themselves absolutely helpless against his Super Leaping fury. Good times. :)

Back when I used to run only classic releases and Marvel, though, Venom and Spiderman were the first superheroes to draft because of their cheaper price. The others are generally hard to work into a conventional army without building around them, I think.

Dat_One_Boi January 29th, 2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2250149)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2250118)
Quote:

Or Hatamoto Taro. ;)

I would agree that Venom is the best Marvel hero, but classic 'Scape has more units that I'd take over him like Raelin or Deathreavers for their sheer utility.

When I say best unit I mean best alone. While there are certainly much better options for a more team based build(Raelin/Deathreavers), I think Venom just excels all around.

And I assume your joking with Hatamoto?

Astroking112 January 29th, 2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_One_Boi (Post 2250406)
When I say best unit I mean best alone. While there are certainly much better options for a more team based build(Raelin/Deathreavers), I think Venom just excels all around.

And I assume your joking with Hatamoto?

I think that even as a standalone hero, there are some classic options that outclass him. Major Q9 is the big one, but I'd argue that Kaemon Awa, Major Q10, and pretty much any of the upper tier of figures (along with some noteworthy standalones like Sgt. Drake Alexander) will fair better in a normal game.

And I never joke about Hatamoto Taro. I'd recommend that you don't, either.

Dysole January 29th, 2019 07:27 PM

DOA

Venom loses to five black wyrms more times than not. He only has one attack (admittedly it's beefy), which is going to hurt whenever he's having to face more than one figure. Q9 should be able to beat him most of the time and is just suited for things better. Kruggles or the Hydra will annihilate him if he doesn't roll well for the spider sense. He's not bad mind you; there's just many figures I'd put above him.

~Dysole, who has Sudema as her joke OP figure