Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Tornado October 18th, 2018 10:26 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
Oh I like that. It leaves space for a Hotwire power.

Lazy Orang October 18th, 2018 10:59 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2230478)
Yeah, I could see that. I was more focused on using it as a vehicle.

I wonder if we couldn't find a middle ground on the control issue and create a power like this:

ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM
If this Sports Car is in your Army and there are no Wound Markers on this card, another Player's figure may not enter or occupy this Sports Car.

So basically you only get in if you break in?

I could live with that as a compromise.

Yodaking October 18th, 2018 04:05 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
Would that be a power on every card then or just a general rule for VDO's added to the rule book?

IAmBatman October 18th, 2018 08:30 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
It’d be a power to add as appropriate and desirable. The Mole Machine might work completely differently.

I hesitate to further complicate the base rules if we can avoid it.

Ronin November 12th, 2018 07:19 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
I didn't forget about this!

(Okay, I did a little bit. I gotta refresh myself on what's going on here, though - thoughts on any course corrections later tonight)

Ronin November 12th, 2018 09:38 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2230478)
Yeah, I could see that. I was more focused on using it as a vehicle.

I wonder if we couldn't find a middle ground on the control issue and create a power like this:

ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM
If this Sports Car is in your Army and there are no Wound Markers on this card, another Player's figure may not enter or occupy this Sports Car.

So basically you only get in if you break in?

I'd be willing to give that a shot. I'm not sure it would make a huge difference, but if it provides some deterrent to an opponent just running a Civilian into it when you leave it unoccupied, it's probably not all bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2230802)
Itd be a power to add as appropriate and desirable. The Mole Machine might work completely differently.

I hesitate to further complicate the base rules if we can avoid it.

Agreed, especially with the bold.

My one hesitance on accepting the Anti-Theft System power was that I was thinking we might be setting ourselves up to have to do something similar on a lot of future vehicles.

But there is room to shake it up, like you said, and I can see some of the really character-specific vehicles having restrictions on who can operate them anyway.

Yodaking November 12th, 2018 10:26 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
Yeah, not just anybody should be able to jump into a tank or helicopter and how to make it work. Really even just something like a big rig semi or construction vehicle is something that would be difficult for an untrained human to use effectively while under the pressure of a combat situation much less an alien from another world. Tons of people don't even know how to work a clutch, so you could restrict the Sports Car some by saying it's a manual transmission rather then automatic.

Just a general interest question, Star Lord left Earth long before he was old enough to drive, so if he returns to Earth for the first time as a 30 year old man and he jumps into a car, how bad of a driver is he going to be?

Tornado November 13th, 2018 09:28 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
Earth is the only planet with cars in the Marvel universe?

Tornado November 14th, 2018 12:16 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
So what should I test to wrap this up?

Lazy Orang November 14th, 2018 12:20 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2235798)
Earth is the only planet with cars in the Marvel universe?

Probably not, but it's likely that they wouldn't all work the same way.

That being said, that's a situation where even a theme nerd like me has to call that it's a game, not a simulation. Besides, almost anyone probably could drive - they'd just be a danger to themselves and others, but in the midst of battle I don't imagine proper road safety will be a high priority. :)


(Bearing in mind this comes from someone who does not and will never drive...)

Scapemage November 14th, 2018 01:51 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
I agree. Most heroes I'd anticipate being able to figure it out to a sense enough to drive across a reasonably sized battlefield. It would be a cool thing to do in another game (even Classicscape) where home planets are provided for every unit to restrict the ability to certain planets, but we don't have that luxury here.


Tornado, we've seen a lot of Civilian tests, but not yet tests with other common heroes. Low cost ones such as the zombies might be worth a try to see if pairing the car with a 50-point Walker is worthwhile.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2235950)
(Bearing in mind this comes from someone who does not and will never drive...)

I'm curious here, why don't / won't you ever drive? I realize I do not know your exact age nor the laws of the UK regarding driving.

Lazy Orang November 14th, 2018 03:51 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemage (Post 2236001)
I agree. Most heroes I'd anticipate being able to figure it out to a sense enough to drive across a reasonably sized battlefield. It would be a cool thing to do in another game (even Classicscape) where home planets are provided for every unit to restrict the ability to certain planets, but we don't have that luxury here.


Tornado, we've seen a lot of Civilian tests, but not yet tests with other common heroes. Low cost ones such as the zombies might be worth a try to see if pairing the car with a 50-point Walker is worthwhile.

Even a Homeworld designation in Classic wouldn't work for me. Not buying that a Human from Toril can't work out how to drive something if you then make it so a Roman Legionnaire can....

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2235950)
(Bearing in mind this comes from someone who does not and will never drive...)

I'm curious here, why don't / won't you ever drive? I realize I do not know your exact age nor the laws of the UK regarding driving.
I have no interest in doing so - I've never got along with cars (I remember they used to make me feel queasy when I got into them when I was tiny), the idea of controlling a gigantic chunk of metal moving at terminal velocity that could easily kill myself and others terrifies me and I find it much more fun and relaxing to use public transport. (The fact that I live in a small market town I can traverse in under an hour also helps. :)) The cost of running a car also seems prohibitive - even with the ridiculous costs of public transport these days, that's still likely more cost effective, and, as I said, more enjoyable.

~Lazy Orang, sorely tempted to just make up crap about UK driving law and troll you into believing it. :razz:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.