Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

killercactus January 11th, 2011 02:17 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1311858)
Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1311853)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1311848)
That's a quick 4 thumbs for PK's first HoF custom. Contgrats, PK. Let's move on the Taeblewalker's pick. Go ahead and post your pick using the format on the first page, Taeblewalker.

I just wanted to point out that I'm not an "active designer" as of yet, though I'd like to be. I don't know if you might want another vote to count for mine...

You're officially an active designer. You can design your first card after Taeblewalker. 8)

W00T.

Time to start brainstorming ideas..... there's just so many of them.... :D

Taeblewalker January 11th, 2011 08:07 PM

Eric the Cavalier
Television: Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon

Figure: I am still searching for one, though this link has one that is likely unavailable - http://www.toyarchive.com/Dungeons&D...rtugalPVC.html

Spoiler Alert!

Here is an update. Eric is cowardly with regard to himself, but is willing to put his life in danger to help others.

Eric the Cavalier
Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Cavalier
Loyal
Medium 4

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 5

GET BEHIND MY SHIELD!
Any time Eric, or a friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Eric, is targeted by an attack or a special power, you may ignore the effects of that attack or special power. You must make this decision after any attack dice or the 20-sided die are rolled by your opponent, if applicable, but before you roll defense dice or the 20-side die for the targeted figure. Eric may only use this power once per round.

DID I DO THAT?
When Eric rolls defense dice, any excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacker.

WHAT AM I DOING?
If a friendly figure that is within 3 clear sight spaces would roll defense dice against a non-adjacent attack, instead Eric must move adjacent to the friendly figure if he is able. Eric becomes the new target of the attack.

AAAAH! 5
If Eric is not within 3 clear sight spaces of a friendly unique hero and he is attacked, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-7, your opponent may Move Eric up to 5 spaces. Eric must end his movement adjacent to a friendly unique hero, if possible. When Eric starts to move using Aaaah! 5, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

dfonse January 11th, 2011 09:15 PM

This will be interesting. But, based on what you wrote, I think a defense aura would not be the right way to come about making this ability. Instead maybe there is a chance that he shields all damage from an ally that would normally be destroyed, is better. But, good choice =)

killercactus January 11th, 2011 11:43 PM

Eric the Cavalier
Ullar
Unique Hero
Cavalier
Loyal
Medium 4
Life: 5
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

Magic Forcefield
All friendly figures adjacent to Eric the Cavalier that follow Ullar add 2 to their defense.

What Am I Doing?
When a friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Eric the Cavalier that follows Ullar is targeted by an opponent's figure, you must move Eric up to 5 spaces, but only if he will end this move adjacent to the targeted figure. After this move, the opponent may decide to target Eric with the attack instead, if able. When moving using What Am I Doing, Eric will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Escape
When Eric the Cavalier is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, and there are no friendly figures adjacent to Eric, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, Eric takes no damage from the attack and may immediately move up to 4 spaces. When moving using Escape, Eric will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

I wanted to restricted Magic Forcefield to small and medium figures because I didn't feel like Q9 needed to be any better. The problem is that Raelin doesn't need to be, either, so in the end I decided to restrict it to just Ullar. It just felt right to me that he followed Ullar - I'm not sure why. If we decide he should follow Einar or Aquilla (the only other 2 I could see him with - he would fit into Jandar too but then we run into the Raelin issue again), Magic Forcefield and What Am I Doing? could be changed accordingly. I gave him 4 defense (instead of 2 or 3) to represent his shield's use on himself. I don't know that Escape is necessary or not - I was just trying to get everything in that TW asked for.

Pumpkin_King January 12th, 2011 04:09 AM

Hey, sorry about being afk fo the last few stages of Smith's creation. I'll look at Eric when my headstops pounding, I promise. :D

Balantai January 12th, 2011 12:40 PM

Great pick, Taeblewalker. I have so many fond memories of that cartoon.
  • I think C3G's Heroic Duty would work great on this card. Link here. (Killercactus makes a great point about Eric being unable to fly and thus the power wouldn't really work on Eric. I'm not sure Heroic Duty would work on Eric, now.)
  • Another option would be to allow Eric and all adjacent friendly figures to roll 1 additional defense die when defending against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure.
  • I really like your "Did I Do That?", but I think in its current version, it is too powerful. Counter Strike versus all attacks, normal and special, seems a bit too much. Maybe allow just one unblockable wound regardless of the number of excess shields?
  • How about this for AAAAAAH!: If Eric the Cavalier is attacked and there are no friendly figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Eric the Cavalier, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, Eric the Cavalier takes no damage from the attack and you may move him up to 7 spaces. Eric the Cavalier may not end his movement engaged and after moving there must be at least 1 friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Eric the Cavalier.
  • For his miniature, I think you should try to find a different figure. I'd really like the miniature to be at least somewhat attainable.
  • His stats look great at 2 Atk and 5 Def.
EDIT:
Possible minis:
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here

killercactus January 12th, 2011 01:16 PM

What I don't like about Heroic Duty is that it doesn't specify how far Superman can move to get adjacent. It tends not to matter in his case because he flies. Eric doesn't, however, and there could be instances in which a figure is within 3 clear sight spaces but it would take Eric 10 movement to get there with elevation changes.

Taeblewalker January 12th, 2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1312509)
Great pick, Taeblewalker. I have so many fond memories of that cartoon.
  • I think C3G's Heroic Duty would work great on this card. Link here.
  • Another option would be to allow Eric and all adjacent friendly figures to roll 1 additional defense die when defending against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure.
  • I really like your "Did I Do That?", but I think in its current version, it is too powerful. Counter Strike versus all attacks, normal and special, seems a bit too much. Maybe allow just one unblockable wound regardless of the number of excess shields?
  • How about this for AAAAAAH!: If Eric the Cavalier is attacked and there are no friendly figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Eric the Cavalier, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, Eric the Cavalier takes no damage from the attack and you may move him up to 7 spaces. Eric the Cavalier may not end his movement engaged and after moving there must be at least 1 friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Eric the Cavalier.
  • For his miniature, I think you should try to find a different figure. I'd really like the miniature to be at least somewhat attainable.
  • His stats look great at 2 Atk and 5 Def.

I like Heroic Duty, but I thought the version of the power I wrote in as What Am I Doing? works with Eric's other powers. I chose Get Behind My Shield! as a sort of Green Lantern type of power, to represent things I saw in the cartoon. I thought once per round would be a good limit.
I am still looking for a suitable miniature - bear with me on this!

Edit: These are the ones I like the most of the ones you suggest.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...rt_paladin.jpg http://www.heroscapers.com/community...hant_guard.jpg http://www.heroscapers.com/community..._of_cormyr.jpg

I will try to implement the changes you suggest.

GET BEHIND MY SHIELD!
Any time Eric, or a friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Eric, is targeted by an attack or a special power, you may ignore the effects of that attack or special power. You must make this decision after any attack dice or the 20-sided die are rolled by your opponent, if applicable, but before you roll defense dice or the 20-side die for the targeted figure. Eric may only use this power once per round.

WHAT AM I DOING?
If a friendly figure that is within 3 clear sight spaces would roll defense dice against a non-adjacent attack, instead Eric must move adjacent to the friendly figure if he is able. Eric becomes the new target of the attack.

DID I DO THAT?
Any friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Eric receives an extra defense die. When Eric rolls defense dice, if there are any excess shields, the attacker receives one unblockable hit.

AAAAH!
If Eric is attacked and there are no friendly figures within 3 clear sight spaces of him, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, Eric the Cavalier takes no damage from the attack and you may move him up to 7 spaces. Eric the Cavalier may not end his movement engaged and after moving there must be at least 1 friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of him.

killercactus January 12th, 2011 02:23 PM

This guy is sick next to Raelin. You can't even attack her with a non-adjacent figure, and then Eric gets +2 defense and Counterstrike against everything that tries to hit him. If they do manage to get adjacent to Raelin, she still gets +1 defense.

Balantai January 12th, 2011 02:38 PM

I agree with KC. I think I'd like to tone him down a bit. I don't think he needs 4 Special Powers. (5 Special Powers if you note that Did I Do That is two powers rolled into one.) We might have to sacrafice some theme here for playability.

Taeblewalker January 12th, 2011 03:09 PM

Here's a new take on him.

Eric the Cavalier
Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Cavalier
Loyal
Medium 4

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 5

Cost 120

GET BEHIND MY SHIELD!
Any friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Eric receives two extra defense dice. When Eric rolls defense dice, if there are any excess shields, the attacking figure receives one unblockable hit. When Eric, or a friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Eric, is targeted by a 20-side die power from an opponent's figure and the roll is successful, your opponent must roll again and take the second result.

AAAAH!
If Eric is attacked and there are no friendly figures within 3 clear sight spaces of him, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, Eric the Cavalier takes no damage from the attack and you may move him up to 7 spaces. Eric the Cavalier may not end his movement engaged and after moving there must be at least 1 friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of him.

WHAT AM I DOING?
If a friendly figure that is within 3 clear sight spaces would roll defense dice against an attack or a 20-sided die power from a non-adjacent opponent's figure, instead Eric must move adjacent to the friendly figure if he is able. Eric becomes the new target of the attack or power.

wulfhunter667 January 12th, 2011 03:11 PM

Having watched the D&D cartoon growing up (like anygood gaming dork should have:razz:), owning the box set dvd with the character stats in it, and know the Donny "Ralph the Mouth" Most voiced the character, I have to say that I think you have fairly represented what I think the character might translate into HS terms. However, that being said, I am not so sure I like "Get Behind My Shield!" as part of that representation. It is a cool power and all, but it just does not seem to fit the remaining powers. The others, IMHO, all seem to be complimentary to one another and actually seem to find the character. Then again, that might change when you post the stats. I know that the basic premise of this character is defensive in nature (I like that he's all but going to be a wall, btw), but if his Defense is set too high (beyond 4, MAYBE 5), it could be overpowered. These are just my observation thus far, and therefore, just my :2cents:. ;)

Also. Found this. Might help those who don't know who Erik is...
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...-cavalier.html

Edit: Wow. Ninja'd before I even got the post in. And with the revision, I still prefer "Did I Do That?" to "Get Behind My Shield!"