Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai December 17th, 2010 11:32 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Go ahead and make your pick, dfonze.

Taeblewalker December 17th, 2010 12:22 PM

I'd been away from this thread for a while, but now that I got back into it and have been contributing more, I would like to be on the design list. I promise I'll pull my weight on the next few like I did for Inigo. ;) My reasons for not doing much before, honestly, is that I am simply not familiar enough with any of the characters that have been done before him. I know "who" the doctor is, and Buffy, but I didn't really have quite enough of handle on them to say much (now Angel, I could do). I have a friend who plays Castlevania and tells me about it, but I never played it myself.

Balantai December 17th, 2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1294687)
I'd been away from this thread for a while, but now that I got back into it and have been contributing more, I would like to be on the design list. I promise I'll pull my weight on the next few like I did for Inigo. ;) My reasons for not doing much before, honestly, is that I am simply not familiar enough with any of the characters that have been done before him. I know "who" the doctor is, and Buffy, but I didn't really have quite enough of handle on them to say much (now Angel, I could do). I have a friend who plays Castlevania and tells me about it, but I never played it myself.

Glad to have you on board. I added you to the end of the rotation.

On a related note, even if someone isn't familiar with a design, you can certainly contribute. We will always need help with wording, costing and suggestions. Maybe you can't accurately portray theme, but that doesn't mean you can't give suggestions. The people who understand the theme can make that decision.

Lamaclown December 17th, 2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1294687)

Glad to have you on board!

killercactus December 17th, 2010 01:21 PM

Wow - how have I missed this thread.

I'll be keeping an eye out and participating as much as I can. Maybe one day I'll be a designer, because I have a million ideas of stuff to design.

Balantai December 17th, 2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1294733)
Wow - how have I missed this thread.

I'll be keeping an eye out and participating as much as I can. Maybe one day I'll be a designer, because I have a million ideas of stuff to design.

Well I'm glad you found us, killercactus. Stick around and you'll be a designer in no time.

dfonse December 19th, 2010 06:41 PM

:thumbsup: You have my vote!

Taeblewalker December 19th, 2010 07:55 PM

So who's the next character going to be?

Balantai December 20th, 2010 11:28 AM

Did you miss that it is your turn, Dfonse?

We'll give him until 12:00 PM PST and if he doesn't make his pick, we'll move on to Knights of Weston's pick.

Balantai December 20th, 2010 05:13 PM

Knights of Weston,

Please go ahead and make your pick. Please reference the first page for posting instructions.

Balantai December 21st, 2010 03:54 PM

And we had so much momentum...:?

Pumpkin_King December 21st, 2010 03:58 PM

Haha. Just wait until KoW gets to this thread or choose the next person.