Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 August 10th, 2010 09:37 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1169647)
I like it!

Question on Slayer's Agility that just occurred to me...

1 shield blocks all damage on normal attacks... excess shields count as unblockbale hits on adjacent figure...

If an adjacent fig rolls 2 skulls with a normal attack and Buffy rolls 3 shield how many will be considered excess?

1 shield blocks everything so the other 2 shields are excess... or 3 shields minus 2 skulls equals 1 excess shield?

Either way works fine I think but it may need some clarification.

Again nice job. I can't wait to playtest her. She looks like she will be a lot of fun.

This has been adjusted. It's now 1 shield block for non-adjacent attacks and excess shields are unblockable wounds from adjacent attacks.

Lamaclown August 10th, 2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1169651)
This has been adjusted. It's now 1 shield block for non-adjacent attacks and excess shields are unblockable wounds from adjacent attacks.

Ooops, sorry.
I see that now in the original post.
Thats what I get for reading a quoted post instead of the original post.

mac122 August 10th, 2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1169672)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1169651)

Ooops, sorry.
I see that now in the original post.
Thats what I get for reading a quoted post instead of the original post.

Like Wulf always says, you're allowed one. One. ;)

Balantai August 10th, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1169512)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Human
Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS ?

SLAYER'S AGILITY
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. Buffy is not affected by Falling Rules, and she may be considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers.

I'm not a huge fan of combining powers from different points in the round into one Special Power. In other words, Slayer Agility has a movement based power and two defense based powers. Slayer's Strength has a movement based power, a defensive based power and an attack based power. I'd rather see Buffy have three abilities such as:

Slayer's Agility
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Buffy never takes falling damage.

Slayer's Strength
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice.

Slayer's Training
Buffy may be considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not completely sold on the Large size determination. It really belongs as its own special power and I'm not sure what it represents.

In addition, I would mind seeing "Buffy may roll 1 additional attack die if the defending figure has the Drain Life Special Power" at the end of Slayer Strength. I'd like to see her get an additional bonus on Vampires.

wulfhunter667 August 10th, 2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1169751)
I'm not a huge fan of combining powers from different points in the round into one Special Power. In other words, Slayer Agility has a movement based power and two defense based powers. Slayer's Strength has a movement based power, a defensive based power and an attack based power. I'd rather see Buffy have three abilities such as:

Slayer's Agility
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Buffy never takes falling damage.

Slayer's Strength
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice.

Slayer's Training
Buffy may be considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Good ideas all, Balantai. I will consider this when I do V. 2.0.
Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not completely sold on the Large size determination. It really belongs as its own special power and I'm not sure what it represents.

Spoiler Alert!

The origin of that is in the spoiler above. Buffy is beyond strong and seems to have infallible luck against most big bad attacks. That's the reasoning behind it. Superstrength really doesn't cover that, but I did add the line about falling damage from SS.
Quote:

In addition, I would mind seeing "Buffy may roll 1 additional attack die if the defending figure has the Drain Life Special Power" at the end of Slayer Strength. I'd like to see her get an additional bonus on Vampires.

I probably should do that.
Anyway, I know, multi-powers don't always fly, and I knew typing it up, it was a bit much, but at the very least, I think I crammed all the ideas I was going for in there. I'll give it until tonight, recheck the thread for further ideas and update.

Balantai August 10th, 2010 07:18 PM

I guess I can see the reasoning behind treating her as Large, but I don't really see it as paramount to character. If you really wanted a power like this on the card, I think I'd rather see a "subract 1 from the 20-sided die" type power instead of treating her as large. With so much already going on, I just don't think it's necessary.

wulfhunter667 August 10th, 2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1170220)
I guess I can see the reasoning behind treating her as Large, but I don't really see it as paramount to character. If you really wanted a power like this on the card, I think I'd rather see a "subract 1 from the 20-sided die" type power instead of treating her as large. With so much already going on, I just don't think it's necessary.

I like the idea. It opens up so much more for her for being the bada$$ figure she should be. Below is a list of some (if not all) of the powers that she won't be affected by...
Spoiler Alert!

Being able to avoid those attacks altogether as opposed to subtracting 1... No contest. ;)

mac122 August 11th, 2010 12:59 AM

First, I like Balantai's reorganization of the powers. Nice job. I also like the idea of the additional attack die against Vampires - very much in the theme. As long as we're OK with 6 base attack against Vampires, that works for me.

I'd really like to see where Wulf's/Lama's idea takes Buffy. Negating the powers Wulf listed will make her a force to be reckoned with. The concern will be how much this affects her point cost.

wulfhunter667 August 11th, 2010 01:40 AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer V. 2.0

http://blogonomicon.eponym.com/buffy.jpg

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure #067 -#069, Vampire Hunter.

http://74.50.48.3/uploaded_images/thumb/47193-thumb.jpg

Background:
To be determined later.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

TV, Movies & Comics: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Human
Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS 190

SLAYER'S AGILITY

SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. Buffy may roll 1 additional attack die if the defending figure has the Drain Life Special Power.

SLAYER'S TRAINING

Lamaclown August 11th, 2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1170521)
I am still unsure how to cost her though and am open to suggestions.

As far as cost, you originally mentioned 180. I think that sounds like a fair starting place. We will have to see what playtesting says from there unless there are any other better suggestions for a starting place.

Hrockle August 11th, 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1171168)
As far as cost, you originally mentioned 180.

This. If anything, she can go up in cost.

Balantai August 11th, 2010 04:59 PM

Any possiblity of reducing her normal attack to 2? She's still have 4 attack against adjacent figures and 5 attack against adjacent vampires. Or even reduce her attack to 2, but increase the other bonuses by 1. I don't think Buffy needs a high ranged attack.