Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Vancouver WA July 25th Bring-A-Friend Event (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=25101)

Bahde May 22nd, 2009 11:17 PM

Vancouver WA July 25th Bring-A-Friend Event

Vancouver WA

Game Day
Where: St. Johns Presbyterian Church – Camas WA. (http://www.sjpc-camas.org/ )

When: Saturday, July 25th 2009
> Doors Open @ 11:00
> Doors Close @ Whenever
Entry Fee: No Fee

Who: Anyone!!

This will be our sixth event in the last two years – we have managed to mix it up a bit each time and this will be no different. In hopes of making NHSD a bigger event this year we would like to increase our fan base in the area. To do this, we would like to see who can bring a friend to the event that has never been to one before – they don’t have to be new to the game itself, just new to our events. (New to the game would be better though!)

Confirmed Attendees:
Paul, McLeod, MaryBeth, Madilynn

Format:
  • We will have maps built, you bring an army and find an opponent.
  • You pick the rules for your table, enjoy.
Concessions: None.
Charity: No Charity this time, just for fun.

Please post in this thread to RSVP. *IF*
there isenough interest we will use
the church facility butif the interest is
limited we will simply
host at our house.

Tauren_Marine May 23rd, 2009 08:06 PM

Re: Vancouver WA July 25th Bring-A-Friend Event

I hope that I'll be able to go this time. I've been wanting to attend a tournament since NHSD, but something always came up on the tourney days. I like how you split up the points per army. It can make for some interesting army combinations when both players don't need exactly the same points.

Nadom May 23rd, 2009 08:56 PM

This. Is. Awesome.
With it being in the middle of summer, I'm not sure if me or my crew will be able to make it, but I most definitely want to. This looks like the perfect way to run a team tourney... and it's a great cause.

quozl May 25th, 2009 12:33 AM

A couple of questions:

Is Marvel allowed?

How long will each match run?

Bahde May 25th, 2009 12:56 AM

Updated the info on rounds, time limits and Marvel.

With an average of 305 per army, I dont see a whole lot of Marvel happening in this event anyhow but what the heck....if someone wants it they can have it.

Melwing17 May 26th, 2009 12:00 AM

Neat idea, but I don't think I really have any interest in doing teams; if I was even able to attend. We'll see as we get closer, I suppose.

2xHero May 26th, 2009 12:38 PM

I'm definitely interested, but I have learned not to say "I should be able to make it this time." I'll be preparing regardless. Is the challenge to bring more people than Nadom again. :) Since it will be in the summer, it should be easier for me to drag people along, assuming I can make it.

Bahde May 28th, 2009 04:55 AM

On the topic of how many people can make it - if we get closer to the date and simply dont have enough to people to do teams....we will have to alter it. I dont think we can adequately run a teams even with fewer than 6 teams in each division. (Everyone plays each other once then.) If in the youth brackets were short on players, we can mix that up and go longer games for fewer match ups or scrap teams for the younger.

For now, lets hold the course and see if we can just get those who can attend to recruit more new players to join us. :)

2xHero May 28th, 2009 11:38 PM

I'll do what I can. It's still too early for me to know my summer schedule, but I have plenty of friends who should be able to come this time. Right now, I'm (ideally) picturing 2xHero & Tauren_Marine + 6 or so. :)

Bahde May 29th, 2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2xHero (Post 833593)
I'll do what I can. It's still too early for me to know my summer schedule, but I have plenty of friends who should be able to come this time. Right now, I'm (ideally) picturing 2xHero & Tauren_Marine + 6 or so. :)

I dont mind not having individual names....but it would be easier to track if we had names for teams - and I need to know which bracket as well.

2xHero June 14th, 2009 11:37 PM

Ok, I got my summer schedule, and I will be working Saturdays until noon. I'll see if I can work around that or not. Also, we will be working out teams. This week, I am planning a game day for my friends, so I might set up a "preparation tournament."

Bahde June 14th, 2009 11:45 PM

Fantastic, Im waiting on solid confirmation from several of the other locals here - Im getting a bit anxious for more to sign up though. :)