Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Pink Ranger (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=60236)

Dr. Jekyll January 8th, 2022 10:59 PM

The Book of Pink Ranger

The Book of Pink Ranger (Kimberly Hart)

C3G BOOM! WAVE 53
THE END?

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...erly_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...berly_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Nano Metalfigs figure from the Power Rangers set.
Its name is Pink Ranger.

Character Bio - Kimberly was one of the original five Power Rangers chosen by Zordon when Rita Repulsa attacked Earth following her release from "The Space Dumpster". Her four teammates were coincidentally her closest friends; Jason Lee Scott, Zack Taylor, Billy Cranston, and Trini Kwan. Kimberly received the Pterodactyl Power Coin and the Pterodactyl Dinozord, thus becoming the Pink Mighty Morphin Power Ranger. She was chosen to be the Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger due to her grace and intelligence.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • The Pink Ranger may use her Ranger Reactive Shot when a Ranger you control is attacked.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with a secret identity, the Pink Ranger interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Dr. Jekyll January 8th, 2022 11:00 PM

Re: The Book of Pink Ranger (Breathing)

NAME = PINK RANGER
SECRET IDENTITY = KIMBERLY HART

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RANGER
PERSONALITY = CHARMING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 190

RANGER REACTIVE SHOT

If Pink Ranger is unengaged and an opponent's figure within 7 clear sight spaces of Pink Ranger or a vehicle she occupies, targets a Unique Ranger Hero you control or a vehicle that Hero is driving for a normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the targeting figure's turn immediately ends, it receives a wound, and all other Ranger figures you control may use their Combat Flip special power.

PINK POWER BOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7. Attack 3.
When attacking a non-adjacent figure with this special attack, if you inflict one or more wounds on the defending figure, immediately roll one unblockable attack die for each wound inflicted by this special attack.

COMBAT FLIP 12
After moving normally, attacking, or defending with Pink Ranger, she may use Combat Flip. Combat Flip has a move of 2. When moving with Combat Flip, Pink Ranger has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 12 levels in a single flip. When using Combat Flip, Pink Ranger will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

MrNobody January 9th, 2022 12:56 AM

I’ve always liked Charming as the ‘outwardly charismatic but flawed/duplicitous underneath’ personality, but that’s totally just a MrNobody interpretation and not an official C3G stance. Don’t know Kimberly well enough to say if she fits either way.

I’ll actually say the opposite of what Bats said earlier - I think I prefer only only Ranger getting to flip out of Cover Fire. Letting 4-5 Rangers flip all at once during an opponent’s turn seems like a drag on gameplay, and a little close to turn interruption.

Dr. Jekyll January 9th, 2022 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2496781)
I’ve always liked Charming as the ‘outwardly charismatic but flawed/duplicitous underneath’ personality, but that’s totally just a MrNobody interpretation and not an official C3G stance. Don’t know Kimberly well enough to say if she fits either way.

I’ll actually say the opposite of what Bats said earlier - I think I prefer only only Ranger getting to flip out of Cover Fire. Letting 4-5 Rangers flip all at once during an opponent’s turn seems like a drag on gameplay, and a little close to turn interruption.

For me, I think Charming could go either way, good or evil. We could also use something like Cute, Sweet, or Lovable for her personality and I would be fine with any of those, as not to send the wrong message.

I'm pickin up what you're puttin down. I originally had it let only one use Combat Flip, and I'm fine with that. It would probably bring her cost down too. I think the Red and Black Ranger are gonna be the slightly more expensive ones and having a little wiggle room with points will help with that.

MrNobody January 9th, 2022 01:22 AM

It might be cool if any Ranger could do it, not just the one who’s targeted though. So if a squishier Ranger is being targeted, you can flip Tommy in and force the enemy to attack him instead, for example.

IAmBatman January 9th, 2022 10:50 AM

I think with the roll it's at, it should be a turn-ender and then allow the full team flip. It won't feel like a turn interruption if you're not potentially targeting multiple times and activating it multiple times a turn.

Quote:

If you roll 15 or higher, that figure receives a wound,
- for this part I think you want to say something like "the targeting figure" instead of "that figure."

Dr. Jekyll January 9th, 2022 02:28 PM

Something like this then? With a roll of 15, she shouldn't be hitting it all the time. Changed it to a turn ender so that she doesn't just keep rolling every time that figure would target another Ranger. Maybe add in a "once per player turn" too?

Quote:

RANGER COVER FIRE
Once per player turn, if Pink Ranger is unengaged and an opponent's figure within 7 clear sight spaces of Pink Ranger targets a Unique Ranger Hero you control for a normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the targeting figure's turn immediately ends, it receives a wound, and all other Ranger figures you control may use their Combat Flip special power.

MrNobody January 9th, 2022 03:16 PM

I don’t feel like the player turn restriction is needed, personally?

tcglkn January 9th, 2022 03:33 PM

Yea I don’t think it’s needed either. If they target a figure and the roll fails, they probably aren’t gonna target again to give you another chance to end their turn.

Dr. Jekyll January 9th, 2022 03:54 PM

Right on, I guess I was just thinking of situations like the FF4 where if Thing attacked and the Pink Ranger rolled a 15 or higher and ended Thing's turn, Human Torch could still take a turn and attack without the risk of Pink Ranger using Cover Fire again.

Dr. Jekyll January 10th, 2022 12:13 PM

Updated the SP minus the "once per player turn" and I'll go ahead and propose we move to Initial Playtesting

Can someone more competent than I hit the calculator for her for me?

tcglkn January 10th, 2022 12:15 PM

Re: The Book of Pink Ranger (VOTE for Initial)

Combat Flip still says it has a move of 1.