Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Lazy Orang August 29th, 2019 08:35 AM

Re: The Book of Draftable Vehicle Rules - Final Editing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2309899)
Yes, the Porta-Potty needs a door/exit space so every figure doesn't turn into Shadowcat and just start walking through walls. If you want to go through the DO, destroy it and remove it from play. They spent months working out all the details of these rules and thinking about every angle, to show up in final editing and start drawing red lines through whole blocks of text is poor form.

This. These seem to be worked out thoroughly - I'd suggest asking why something's there rather than trying to strike it out, @quozl .

IAmBatman August 29th, 2019 08:36 AM

Btw, I appreciate the thoroughness, gents. You're good gatekeepers and I know all thoughts are given in the right spirit of helpfulness. :up: That doesn't mean I'm going to go with all the notes, but I appreciate the thought behind all of them. :-)

Lazy Orang August 29th, 2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2309957)

2. I'm personally fine with someone choosing to put a figure into a passenger seat rather than a driver's seat. What if it's Mister Fantastic's turn and he wants Invisible Woman as his passenger and to drive himself, but he has to move her first? That should be something you can do.

Typical male ego. Bet he won't ask for directions either. :)

IAmBatman August 29th, 2019 08:44 AM

Reed? Absolutely not. :-P

quozl August 29th, 2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2309958)
Quote:

Yes, the Porta-Potty needs a door/exit space so every figure doesn't turn into Shadowcat and just start walking through walls. If you want to go through the DO, destroy it and remove it from play. They spent months working out all the details of these rules and thinking about every angle, to show up in final editing and start drawing red lines through whole blocks of text is poor form.

This. These seem to be worked out thoroughly - I'd suggest asking why something's there rather than trying to strike it out, @quozl .

I didn't know you could drive porta-potties!

IAmBatman August 29th, 2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2309976)
Quote:

Quote:

Part of the motivation for working on these is to carry most of them over for Enclosed Structure rules for something like the Porta-Potty DO.

quozl August 29th, 2019 08:59 AM

Excuse me, I'm still laughing over here.

Lazy Orang August 29th, 2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2309976)
Quote:

Quote:

Well someone's not taken enough tabs of acid!

johnny139 August 29th, 2019 09:30 AM

Okay, looking it over again with your comments, I'd just suggest two specifics:

- In OCCUPYING VEHICLES, before introducing a space for the driver, just have a short paragraph stating something like this: "All VDOs have spaces marked on their card, that represent the interior of the vehicle. Units can occupy and move between those spaces the same as if they were on a battlefield. These spaces have no terrain type or height."

- Same at the bottom under DESTROYING VEHICLES. Instead of "on top," go with something like "occupying spaces on top of the VDO." I'm not sure what the specifics wording is in our DO rules, if the top of a DO counts as a "space" or whatever, but I think it ought to be spelled out specifically.

Still think the clear sight thing is going to cause issues (particularly if we ever have assymetrical vehicles and all that, stuff with a vague definition of "windows" and all that). Intuitive is nice until intuition fails, and I don't think "I know it when I see it" is necessarily a good foundation to build on. But I'll trust the team on it.

Lord Pyre August 29th, 2019 10:20 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/ab/f0/53/a...nny-things.jpg

tcglkn August 29th, 2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 2310006)

I'm gonna take this post as a commitment to design a porta-potty VDO.

Tornado August 29th, 2019 12:56 PM

Would be pretty cool for Fool me Twice. :)