Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   TV (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TV: What Are You Watching? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27342)

Swamper December 25th, 2013 07:08 PM

Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I love Chuck. One of my favorite tv shows ever.

Ninja Status December 29th, 2013 09:42 PM

Anyone else watching community? IMO it's pretty funny, and a pretty decent show in terms of cool-ness as well :p.

Tornado January 20th, 2014 01:43 PM

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.49126...70782&pid=15.1
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.50195...15204&pid=15.1
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.47413...26614&pid=15.1
and
HR Puf N Stuf
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.48494...40727&pid=15.1

Heroscaper Guy January 21st, 2014 06:57 PM

X-men (1990 series), rather interesting how close it is to the comics so far.

chas January 22nd, 2014 03:47 AM

Heroscaper Guy

Yes! I bought the whole series last year on the street, and was very happy with them--its surprising how many you miss when they come on on TV! I especially enjoyed Cap and Wolverine in WWII, with special guest stars ***** *** ****** and *** ******* **********.

My collection also included the original unused pilot, with Kitty Pryde as the young novice, and Stan Lee as the narrating introducer!

nate the dawg February 10th, 2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1905946)
X-men (1990 series), rather interesting how close it is to the comics so far.

Yes, that one is in my opinion the best superhero cartoon of all time (just a smidgen above the '90s Spider-man and Batman:the Animated Series). If Brian Singer et al had done half as well with the Phoenix Saga as the cartoon had, I'd probably not despise the 20th Century Fox X-Men continuity.

Currently, I just finished watching last night's season 4 preview for Game of Thrones. Oberon Martell looks amazing...such swagger! Having read the first four books since the end of season three, I'm really looking forward to this one. C'mon April!

Agent Minivann February 10th, 2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate the dawg (Post 1911492)
If Brian Singer et al had done half as well with the Phoenix Saga as the cartoon had, I'd probably not despise the 20th Century Fox X-Men continuity.

Singer wasn't involved with X-men 3. The way he hinted at it in 2 with actual flames was completely absent in 3. I wonder if it would have been different with him involved.

nate the dawg February 11th, 2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Minivann (Post 1911548)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nate the dawg (Post 1911492)
If Brian Singer et al had done half as well with the Phoenix Saga as the cartoon had, I'd probably not despise the 20th Century Fox X-Men continuity.

Singer wasn't involved with X-men 3. The way he hinted at it in 2 with actual flames was completely absent in 3. I wonder if it would have been different with him involved.

Ahhh, that's right. It was Brett Ratner on that one. I'd forgotten that he and Singer did the whole switcheroo with X3 and Superman Returns. Either way, the continuity had really already been skewed away from the comics by that point (though I did enjoy the first two films Singer did anyway).

boromir96 February 11th, 2014 07:29 PM

Lost Season 3
Sherlock Season 3
White Collar Season 4
Revolution Season 2
Agents of Shield Season 1

Ninja Status February 11th, 2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boromir96 (Post 1911825)
Lost Season 3
Sherlock Season 3
White Collar Season 4
Revolution Season 2

Are you watching Sherlock season 3? I heard that it's not out yet but maybe I missed something.
-NS, who's also watching Sherlock.

EDIT:
Anyway, here's what I'm currently watching:

Supernatural Season 9
Sherlock (waiting on Season 3)
Community Season 5
House Season 4

boromir96 February 11th, 2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Status (Post 1911852)
Quote:

Originally Posted by boromir96 (Post 1911825)
Lost Season 3
Sherlock Season 3
White Collar Season 4
Revolution Season 2

Are you watching Sherlock season 3? I heard that it's not out yet but maybe I missed something.
-NS, who's also watching Sherlock.

EDIT:
Anyway, here's what I'm currently watching:

Supernatural Season 9
Sherlock (waiting on Season 3)
Community Season 5
House Season 4

Yup, Season 3... And its awesome. #Sherlocklives

Hahma February 22nd, 2014 08:50 PM

Just got into watching Arrow lately. I really enjoy it.

chas February 22nd, 2014 09:02 PM

;) Just finished Game of Thrones Season 3. The DVD set just came out, and I don't have HBO, but I've read all the books. The lead time between the TV showing and the DVD set gets longer and longer. Well, its good that its still popular, and they hopefully have several seasons to go. Maybe they'll actually finish it, or at least get through the fifth book, until GRRM finishes the next two volumes...

Heroscaper Guy February 27th, 2014 08:35 PM

Animaniacs to walk down memory lane from when I was a little kid (They're Pinky and the Brain...), continuing Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, starting Legend of Korra, and going to start watching Young Justice soon.

nate the dawg February 27th, 2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chas (Post 1914798)
;) Just finished Game of Thrones Season 3. The DVD set just came out, and I don't have HBO, but I've read all the books. The lead time between the TV showing and the DVD set gets longer and longer. Well, its good that its still popular, and they hopefully have several seasons to go. Maybe they'll actually finish it, or at least get through the fifth book, until GRRM finishes the next two volumes...

I'm about 100 pages from finishing A Dance with Dragons, and at this point I'm really hoping that the show continues to be (mostly) in line with the books' plot. So far, not bad!

Also, it would be sweet if the sixth book would come out someday...:lol:

chas February 28th, 2014 07:41 AM

Yep! Until then, I can always play Battles of Westeros (tactical) or A Game of Thrones (strategical board game). Some people like the card game as well. I think I've pretty much figured out the ending at this point, so we'll see if I was right.

jbbnbsmith February 28th, 2014 08:12 AM

Finished Psychoville seasons 1 & 2. I had seen this about three years ago but could not find it anywhere to watch again. Finally found it on Hulu. Pretty funny dark humor.

jbbnbsmith February 28th, 2014 12:17 PM

Whoops, double post.

Yodaking March 2nd, 2014 04:45 AM

I just binge watched season 1 of Orphan Black. It was hard to stop watching, I was really quite impressed. The story is interesting and new with good pacing and writing. The main actress is very gifted. She really sells all the different roles. Looking forward to season 2 now.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...OykzQWfJAdrtg7

chas March 2nd, 2014 07:39 AM

:quarter:

Daniel Boone with Fess Parker on ME TV (nostalgia). Optimism and Americana in the morning!

And don't miss Ed Ames and his infamous tomahawk throw on Johnny Carson (youtube).

chas March 6th, 2014 08:20 PM

:shock: For those of you who might have given up on Agents of SHIELD, you may be interested to know that the next episode will feature for the first time two actual Marvel characters (other than Coulson and Fury). These will be two Asgardians: Sif and Lorelei. Should be interesting.

Tonight at 10 on History will be the second episode of the Second Season of Vikings. All I'll say as a history buff is that I own the first season on DVD...

nate the dawg March 6th, 2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chas (Post 1918146)
:shock: For those of you who might have given up on Agents of SHIELD, you may be interested to know that the next episode will feature for the first time two actual Marvel characters (other than Coulson and Fury). These will be two Asgardians: Sif and Lorelei. Should be interesting.

Thanks for the heads-up! Let's hope the show picks up some speed. I've enjoyed it so far, but it has just been good - not great.

Sheep March 6th, 2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate the dawg (Post 1918153)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chas (Post 1918146)

Thanks for the heads-up! Let's hope the show picks up some speed. I've enjoyed it so far, but it has just been good - not great.

:word: I mean, I'm not a huge critic on movies/tv shows so as long as it as a half decent plotline and isn't a cheap movie, I usually enjoy it (exception of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, but that's a different story...) but Agents of SHIELD has been one of those that is good, but with the big name that comes with it, it should be better, IMO.

Sheep March 6th, 2014 09:47 PM

On a different note:

I finished the final episode of the 24 last night so I'm all ready for May to come! Great show!

~HS2010, who watched all 194 episodes since a week before the Super Bowl... :oops:

Hahma March 6th, 2014 10:49 PM

My twin 11 year-old daughters and I watched:

Marvel Agents of SHIELD
I Love Lucy
Leave It To Beaver (x2).

I've got them hooked on Gilligan's Island too. Helping them appreciate some old-school television along with the new stuff :D

Heroscaper Guy March 7th, 2014 12:35 PM

Dollhouse, second season of Avenger's Earth's Mightiest Heroes, starting Orphan Black, finished Young Justice and waiting for Legend of Korra season 3.

nate the dawg March 7th, 2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 (Post 1918183)
On a different note:

I finished the final episode of the 24 last night so I'm all ready for May to come! Great show!

~HS2010, who watched all 194 episodes since a week before the Super Bowl... :oops:

Impressive. The wife and I watched each season when it aired, but my youngest son (then a toddler) managed to wipe out our DVR half-way through the final season. I guess we've got some catching up to do before the new series.

Hahma March 11th, 2014 07:37 PM

Screw NBC and J.J. Abrahms new show "Believe". WTF putting that on in The Blacklist's spot.

Television programing is messed up enough with all these stupid breaks that pushing back the Blacklist a week after its return from its Olympic hiatus is stupid.

Sheep March 11th, 2014 07:46 PM

My brother and I started Star Wars: The Clone Wars series over the weekend on Netflix. Awesome to see it on there as we weren't able to watch it when it originally aired.

chas March 11th, 2014 09:14 PM

:shock: The trailer of tonight's Agents of SHIELD announced that next Tuesday at 8 there will be a special called MARVEL: BUILDING A UNIVERSE that will include updates of all current Marvel Movie and TV projects!

Dad_Scaper March 11th, 2014 09:34 PM

Are there any House of Cards fans here? It's filmed in & around Baltimore, including several locations familiar to me. There is a major plot point in the first episode of season 2 that was filmed at a location I am at every day on my way home from work.

Those of you who have seen it know what I'm talking about. It's, um, somewhat unnerving.

Sheep March 11th, 2014 09:49 PM

Agents of SHIELD keeps picking up speed! Looking forward to next week with the updates chad mentioned above on all MARVEL upcoming movies and current tv shows.

Yodaking March 12th, 2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 1919372)
Are there any House of Cards fans here? It's filmed in & around Baltimore, including several locations familiar to me. There is a major plot point in the first episode of season 2 that was filmed at a location I am at every day on my way home from work.

Those of you who have seen it know what I'm talking about. It's, um, somewhat unnerving.

Yeah I watch the show. I was not expecting the EP1 event you speak of. Where is an underground station in Baltimore? I thought they just had the above ground train.

Dad_Scaper March 12th, 2014 07:52 AM

There's only one line, but as you see it is a real subway and a real subway station. It runs east west through the city, and turns northwest into the burbs where I live. It's only underground for its passage under the populous parts of the city.

You may be thinking of the above ground light rail.

caps March 12th, 2014 10:35 AM

I behind in Agents of Shield. Still hoping against hope that the episode after the one I last saw is still on ABC.

Hahma March 12th, 2014 11:55 PM

Watched Intelligence, Revolution and Chicago PD.

Agent Minivann March 15th, 2014 03:43 PM

Started watching Roughnecks. It was a show that I couldn't watch when it was on, but never managed to find or afford it until now. The animation is dated, and it is quite watered down from what it could have been as far as violence and gore are concerned. It almost feels like watching cartoons based on Halo 1 graphics. The tone of the episodes is pretty serious for a "kids" show.

Hahma March 17th, 2014 11:25 PM

Nice to see The Blacklist return tonight. Awesome show!

chas March 19th, 2014 05:37 AM

I thought that Marvel: Assembling A Universe was fun last night, although not as revealing as I had hoped. I'm happy to report that if you missed it, it is now available 'On Demand,' listed as an episode of Agents of SHIELD. Its most useful to people who are just looking into the whole Marvel Universe now for the first time (yes, fellow nerds, there are some). The first half was about what has already been filmed and shown.

My question is whether the smaller 'one shot' stories they show have been broadcast yet, and if so, where?

A personal comment: I was never interested in the Hulk movies, and as far as I know they were the least successful. So I enjoyed seeing that the 'official' one had a synergistic framing scene with Tony Stark and General Ross, which I hadn't known. Ironically, I liked the guy who played Hulk in The Avengers, and hope to see more of him. (I own all of the other Marvel films).

I have been following Agents of SHIELD all along, and am still rooting for it. For an older fan, its watching the Supreme Headquarters International Espionage Law-Enforcement Division become the Strategic Homeland Investigation, Enforcement, and Logistics Division.

Hey, we're still not sure what its a division of!

Yodaking March 19th, 2014 01:37 PM

The Marvel One-Shots are included on Blu Ray versions of the released films and some of the digital downloads. The most recent one is 'All Hail the King' on Thor 2. I don't have a Blu Ray player but I did see 'A funny thing happened on the way to Thors Hammer' so it must be available somewhere else but I can't tell you where.

boromir96 March 19th, 2014 01:49 PM

Started season 6 of Lost. Almost there!

Heroscaper Guy March 22nd, 2014 01:17 PM

Almost done with season 1 of Arrow (episode 22). I like all the hints to DC as a whole in the little Easter Eggs in the lines and visual hints. Rather fun to try and find them all.

caps March 22nd, 2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1922121)
Almost done with season 1 of Arrow (episode 22). I like all the hints to DC as a whole in the little Easter Eggs in the lines and visual hints. Rather fun to try and find them all.

I'm so annoyed there aren't more seasons than the first on Netflix

Hahma March 22nd, 2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 1922127)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy (Post 1922121)

I'm so annoyed there aren't more seasons than the first on Netflix

I totally missed season 1 and jumped right into season 2. I really enjoy it a lot.

chas March 30th, 2014 10:15 AM

;) I've discovered scads of Dr. Who 50th Anniversary shows On Demand on BBC America. There are:

*Episodes discussing every one of the 11 Doctors. I've seen the "documentary" parts and am now going back to watch the sample episodes attached to all except the first one.

*A wonderful new TV movie with John Hurt as the fateful "12th Doctor," the one who blew up Gallifrey!

*A great 'documentary' of the making of the first Dr. Who season back in 1963.

And others as well. (Its all a matter of time, you know).

Yodaking April 3rd, 2014 01:54 PM

Just watched the last Agents of SHIELD episode, the one from this week. Best episode yet! Love seeing Deathlok, his story arc has been great this season. All the secrets and mistrust are a perfect setting for a spy agency too. Anyone who stopped watching the show because the initial, introducing the team episodes were a bit slow are really missing out.

Hahma April 3rd, 2014 05:31 PM

I agree YK. I prefer the way they started the series, as oppose to just having a bunch of non-stop action with characters you don't know or care about. There has been enough action throughout IMO and now they really kicked it up a notch, and the mistrust angle is awesome!

G1shark April 3rd, 2014 11:58 PM

Next weekend I start watching Game of Thrones, but just finished watching The Walking Dead.

Dr. who 50th anniversary special was a interesting episode, One of the best episodes (the 10th doctor is the best.)