Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai March 8th, 2013 12:22 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Awesome choice.

I think Stealth Dodge is almost a necessity for Neo.

If we go with Information Download, I would suggest requiring unengaged and revealing the X OM on the card.

Maybe an ability called The One that allows you to roll the d20 at the start of every round and if you roll x or higher, put a +1/+1 counter on Neo. It would show how he's beginning to understand the Matrix.

IMO, I'd rather see a mechanic for a bunch of equipment glyphs or the use of power glyphs, but not both.

McHotcakes March 8th, 2013 01:06 PM

I agree with Balantai in that I think Stealth Dodge is a must.

For Information Download imo it should work with powers over treasure. I think that giving Neo a ranged attack is enough to say that he is capable of using guns. Plus I like the idea of Neo saying "I know Kung Fu" every time he uses that power :p

For some other powers, whether placed directly on the card or downloaded, I suggest Whirlwind Assault, via the fight scene with the army of Smiths in the second movie, and flying for obvious reasons.

Confred March 8th, 2013 02:04 PM

Brainstormed List of powers
Stealth Flying / Leap / built in modifier to MOVE
EMP
STEALTH DODGE - But he can dodge/block melee attacks too, hmm?: When rolling defense dice, if the attacker is adjacent roll 2 additional dice; if the attacker is nonadjacent, one shield blocks all damage.: Stealth Dodge is probably better. If this power were to be a focus, then yeah.
Download: Instead of moving, add a power glyph to this card or place treasure glyph up to 3 spaces away from Neo.
> I wonder though if Download is really Neo's thing, and not one of the other characters like one of the twins or Morpheus himself. Or if this power is simply scenario specific.
/brain fizzles and storm ends

JC McMinis March 8th, 2013 07:54 PM

Great choice, glad that we are doing a character to go with one we already done. I agree stealth dodge is a must. Will give some more thought and post ideas later.

Taeblewalker March 8th, 2013 08:20 PM

Here it is! I tried to capture its near-invulnerability and weakness to cold, as well as its ability to grow. I envision a medium and large size version to put on the board as it grows.

Blob

Protoplasm
Uncommon Hero
Devourer
Ravenous
Small 3

Move 4
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 6
Life 4

REGENERATE 2
After taking a turn with this Blob, remove up to two wound markers from this army card.

GROW
When this Blob destroys a figure, remove this Blob from the battlefield and replace it with a medium-sized Blob you control that is not on the board.

COLD WEAKNESS
If this Blob ends its movement on a snow or ice space, roll one unblockable attack die against it. This Blob may not roll defense dice against figures with the Ice Cold special power or against special attacks with the word "Ice" in the name.

Taeblewalker March 8th, 2013 08:22 PM

Sorry guys. I got caught up in RL. I just noticed that Mac is doing Neo. I ask that we ignore my entry for now until we take care of his.

Balantai March 8th, 2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1777358)
Sorry guys. I got caught up in RL. I just noticed that Mac is doing Neo. I ask that we ignore my entry for now until we take care of his.

That sounds fair. We'll table this and start on Blob as soon as we finish Neo. :D

mac122 March 10th, 2013 12:53 AM

The Blob! :shock: One of the scariest movies I remember from my childhood. Should be an interesting design.

In the meantime, here's my first draft of Neo

Quote:

Neo
Jandar ???

Human
Unique Hero
Champion
Bold
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 7
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points ???

INFORMATION DOWNLOAD
Begin the game with up to 6 Power Glyphs. At the start of each round, before placing Order Markers, remove any Power Glyphs on this card and place any 2 Power Glyphs on this card. After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, if Neo is unengagd, you may also reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to place 1 additional Power Glyph on this card.

LOTS OF GUNS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2.
Neo may use his Lots of Guns Special Attack up to 4 times in a single turn.

MANIPULATE THE MATRIX
When Neo rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. When Neo rolls defense dice against an adjacent attacking figure, if he rolls at least one shield, the most wounds he may take for this attack is one.

This design could use the Power Glyphs designed for Thomas Hunter.
Additional Power Glyph possibilities:
Flying
Rejected by Death
Phantom Walk
Ninjutsu Barrage Special Attack
Freerunner (from the Ezio Auditore design)
I was going to stay away from Flying since I was going for the Neo from just before he figured it all out. However, since there were at least two mentions of it in the brainstorm phase, we could add it as a Power Glyph. I could see going with just Information Download and Manipulate the Matrix on the card and putting Lots of Guns SA on a Power Glyph instead of on the card - especially with the possibility of 3 powers each round.

SirGalahad March 10th, 2013 11:05 AM

Just to make sure I understand--all of these power glyphs will only be available to figures whose special powers mention them specifically, right?

Don't think I want some Classic figures to be picking up some of these as and using them like Treasure Glyphs.

mac122 March 10th, 2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1777894)
Just to make sure I understand--all of these power glyphs will only be available to figures whose special powers mention them specifically, right?

Don't think I want some Classic figures to be picking up some of these as and using them like Treasure Glyphs.

Power glyphs will never be placed on the battlefield. They will only be used to customize a character for a particular battle or situation. Thomas Hunter could learn new skills when he shifted realities and Neo could have new abilities downloaded into his brain.

McHotcakes March 10th, 2013 03:08 PM

If Neo has his Lots of Guns Special Attack then did we want to bump his base range down to 1, to represent his affinity for martial arts?

JC McMinis March 10th, 2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1778033)
If Neo has his Lots of Guns Special Attack then did we want to bump his base range down to 1, to represent his affinity for martial arts?

I had a thought for that, drop his base attack down to 2 and do this. One of my fave lines from the movie

I KNOW KUNG-FU SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
When Neo attacks with his I Know Kung Fu, he may either attack a single figure 2 additional times or he may attack any and all figures adjacent to him once.