Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Competitive Armies Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Kick Butt Armies for: Elementals and Wyrmlings (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55309)

wargamingaddict87 November 19th, 2018 01:01 PM

Kick Butt Armies for: Elementals and Wyrmlings

We have a meet-up happening in the next few days here in Michigan. I am messing around with an Elemental heavy army and Wyrmlings;

Submit your 400pt or 500pt army ideas. Anything from the Heroscape universe + specifcally these below:

Elementals I have:

Kurrok
Air Elemental 3
Water Elemental 2
Earth Elemental 3
Fire Elemental 3

Wyrmings I have:

Blue Wyrmling 2
Red Wyrmling 2
Black Wyrmling 4
White Wyrmling 8

Im looking for two separate army lists (one Elementals and one Wyrmings) and feel free to round it out with other characters or squads that synergize well!

flameslayer93 November 19th, 2018 01:23 PM

Re: Kick Butt Armies for: Elementals and Wyrmlings

How about:

Kurrok
Fire x3
Air x3
Water x2
Marcu (395)

Marcu can eat wannok hits better than your elementals. The elementals can do some damage if they work together. Use waters to free up engaged fires, and attempt to mass engage fires to get as many searing intensity rolls as possible. Don’t forget that Kurrok can heal elementals!

For 500 points, just add in your earth elementals. They make great body guards for Kurrok. They can also be good for slamming rats or goblins.

White x8
Black x4
Frost Giant

The wyrmlings can handle squads and light heroes, while the frost giant can smash up any big heroes the opponent has. The white wyrmlings are generally considered the weakest wyrmling, but their higher defense can prove invaluable when you need to keep OM’s on their card.

Astroking112 November 19th, 2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameslayer93 (Post 2236762)
White x8
Black x4
Frost Giant

The wyrmlings can handle squads and light heroes, while the frost giant can smash up any big heroes the opponent has. The white wyrmlings are generally considered the weakest wyrmling, but their higher defense can prove invaluable when you need to keep OM’s on their card.

I actually think that the Blue Wyrmling is the weakest. I'd rather take Red or Black over either of them, but White at least has the benefit of 4 defense (as you mentioned), which can make them a decent place for keeping OMs.

The downside to taking only Red and Black, of course, is that you're essentially limited to only being able to deal with Squads and Small/Medium figures, which necessitates taking a good hero killer.

One of my friends was considering a Wyrmling army for the most recent D/FW tournament, but they ended up not being able to make it. Adapting their idea to the OP, though:
  • White Wyrmling x5
  • Red Wyrmling x2
  • Black Wyrmling x4
  • Shurrak
  • Isamu
That comes out to 500 points even. You'd probably want to replace Shurrak/Isamu with a better hero combo, especially if it lets you take another White Wyrmling while getting a beefier hero killer.

wargamingaddict87 November 19th, 2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2236788)
Quote:

White x8
Black x4
Frost Giant

I actually think that the Blue Wyrmling is the weakest. I'd rather take Red or Black over either of them, but White at least has the benefit of 4 defense (as you mentioned), which can make them a decent place for keeping OMs.

The downside to taking only Red and Black, of course, is that you're essentially limited to only being able to deal with Squads and Small/Medium figures, which necessitates taking a good hero killer.

One of my friends was considering a Wyrmling army for the most recent D/FW tournament, but they ended up not being able to make it. Adapting their idea to the OP, though:
  • White Wyrmling x5
  • Red Wyrmling x2
  • Black Wyrmling x4
  • Shurrak
  • Isamu
That comes out to 500 points even. You'd probably want to replace Shurrak/Isamu with a better hero combo, especially if it lets you take another White Wyrmling while getting a beefier hero killer.

What is a better hero combo that you would recommend?

Unhinged Manchild November 19th, 2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wargamingaddict87 (Post 2236797)
Quote:

Quote:

White x8
Black x4
Frost Giant

• White Wyrmling x5
  • Red Wyrmling x2
  • Black Wyrmling x4
  • Shurrak
  • Isamu

What is a better hero combo that you would recommend?

Krug? Should have plenty of points for another wyrm, then.

Maybe either version of Sgt Drake could work, too.

Flash_19 November 19th, 2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

White x8
Black x4
Frost Giant

• White Wyrmling x5
  • Red Wyrmling x2
  • Black Wyrmling x4
  • Shurrak
  • Isamu

I like Astro's ideas and agree that the Blue Wyrmling is the weakest. If it were me, I would consider:
White Wyrmling x4
Red Wyrmling x2
Black Wyrmling x4
Heracles

That's 500 points even as well. Heracles would be a huge help against figures the wyrmlings are going to struggle against the most - large and huge figures. Though I do like the sound of the Frost Giant or Eltahale as well, and that would give you 60 more points to spend on some more Wyrmlings to fill out the army to 500.

Astroking112 November 19th, 2018 09:12 PM

Heracles is a great option if you're playing with C3V. Few heroes are beefier than him from my experiences.

Personally, I think that the best classic option would probably be Eltahale, who can get to a high attack and wreck heroes (something that the Wyrmlings desperately need), and at 140 she slots nicely in with that 6th White Wyrmling. Really, though, any good hero at that price range that you like could work, in my eyes, depending on the event and format.

OEAO November 19th, 2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2236846)
Heracles is a great option if you're playing with C3V. Few heroes are beefier than him from my experiences.

Personally, I think that the best classic option would probably be Eltahale, who can get to a high attack and wreck heroes (something that the Wyrmlings desperately need), and at 140 she slots nicely in with that 6th White Wyrmling. Really, though, any good hero at that price range that you like could work, in my eyes, depending on the event and format.

Eltahale is definitely my pick. I actually like:

4x BW
2x RW
1X WW
Eltahale
Q10

Q10 helps against your worst matchup, Hounds, a ton. Eltahale for big stuff. Wyrmlings for everything else. This army has some serious teeth and flexibility; anything in it can open games and anything in it can close games.

wargamingaddict87 November 19th, 2018 10:55 PM

Thanks everyone! Keep it coming. Right now I am leaning towards

Wyrmings 500pts.
4x BW
2x RW
1X WW
Eltahale
Q10

Elementals 400pts
Kurrok
Fire x3
Air x3
Water x2
Marcu (395)

Elementals 500pts
Kurrok
Fire x3
Air x3
Water x2
Krava maga
Isamu
Otonashi (495)

Flash_19 November 20th, 2018 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne (Post 2236847)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2236846)

Eltahale is definitely my pick. I actually like:

4x BW
2x RW
1X WW
Eltahale
Q10

Q10 helps against your worst matchup, Hounds, a ton. Eltahale for big stuff. Wyrmlings for everything else. This army has some serious teeth and flexibility; anything in it can open games and anything in it can close games.

This is a solid army choice. As a sidenote - It's nice to see Eltahale getting some love. She's so versatile, but typically underrated from what I've seen.

Cleon November 21st, 2018 05:48 AM

I don't like running Elementals in competitive play, but, they're not unplayable. For 500pt.:

Kurrok 120
Fire x3 105
Earth x3 105
Phantom Knights x2 140

For your last 30 points you can do a number of things: Water x1, Guilty McCreech, Eldgrim, Marcu+ninja, Air x1. I think I like either Water Elemental or Guilty best, but I'd have to see what the map/glyph pool is like.

I always thought Air Elementals could make an interesting screen for Q9:

Kurrok 120
Air x3 90
Q9 180
Raelin 80
Water x1 30 (another Air would be ideal)

If you want all the Elementals, maybe:

Kurrok 120
Fire x3 105
Water x2 60
Earth x1 35
Air x1 30
Syvarris 100
Marro Warriors 50

I wouldn't run Elementals in a 400pt. setting.

Wyrmlings are a lot more versatile and likeable to me. You could do:

Black x2 60
White x3 90
Charos 210
Greenscales x2 120
Marcu 20

or how about

Black x2 60
Blue x2 70
Red x2 60
White x2 60
Krug 120
Hydra 120
Ninja 10

That would be a fun one, I think.

Can't go wrong with adding on to the classic Knight base:

Gilbert 105
Knights x3 210
Black x4 120
White x1 30
Blue x1 35

For 400pt.:
Cyprien 150
Sonya 45
Black x3 90
Blue x1 35
Zetacron 60
Marcu 20

That could be a very mean army in certain matchups. The more solid choice:

Cyprien 150
Black x3 90
Red x2 60
Krav 100

Another one:

Sentinels x2 220
White x4 120
Marro Warriors 50
Ninja 10

One more:

Venocs x4 160
Hydra 120
Black x4 120

I agree that Blue Wyrmling is the worst, but it's still not bad imo.

wargamingaddict87 November 23rd, 2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleon (Post 2237130)
I don't like running Elementals in competitive play, but, they're not unplayable. For 500pt.:

Kurrok 120
Fire x3 105
Earth x3 105
Phantom Knights x2 140

For your last 30 points you can do a number of things: Water x1, Guilty McCreech, Eldgrim, Marcu+ninja, Air x1. I think I like either Water Elemental or Guilty best, but I'd have to see what the map/glyph pool is like.

I always thought Air Elementals could make an interesting screen for Q9:

Kurrok 120
Air x3 90
Q9 180
Raelin 80
Water x1 30 (another Air would be ideal)

If you want all the Elementals, maybe:

Kurrok 120
Fire x3 105
Water x2 60
Earth x1 35
Air x1 30
Syvarris 100
Marro Warriors 50

I wouldn't run Elementals in a 400pt. setting.

Wyrmlings are a lot more versatile and likeable to me. You could do:

Black x2 60
White x3 90
Charos 210
Greenscales x2 120
Marcu 20

or how about

Black x2 60
Blue x2 70
Red x2 60
White x2 60
Krug 120
Hydra 120
Ninja 10

That would be a fun one, I think.

Can't go wrong with adding on to the classic Knight base:

Gilbert 105
Knights x3 210
Black x4 120
White x1 30
Blue x1 35

For 400pt.:
Cyprien 150
Sonya 45
Black x3 90
Blue x1 35
Zetacron 60
Marcu 20

That could be a very mean army in certain matchups. The more solid choice:

Cyprien 150
Black x3 90
Red x2 60
Krav 100

Another one:

Sentinels x2 220
White x4 120
Marro Warriors 50
Ninja 10

One more:

Venocs x4 160
Hydra 120
Black x4 120

I agree that Blue Wyrmling is the worst, but it's still not bad imo.

WOW! Thanks for all the army lists.