Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50587)

Heroscaper Guy July 30th, 2014 09:43 AM

The Book of Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior

The Book of Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior

C3V Wave 5 – Lodin’s Discord – Heroes of the Lost Citadel

http://www.heroscapers.com/c3v/Stagi...rax_master.jpg

Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior

The figure used for this unit is a Mage Knight figure from the Heroic Quests: The Citadel set. Its model name is Jess Blacklock.

Character Bio:
Calibrax grew up idolizing his brother Andask in the imperial castle in Ostrivick. But when Andask assumed the throne upon their father's passing, and as Andask was gradually corrupted by his advisor, General Valkrill, Calibrax found he could no longer remain in his homeland. He fled to the uncharted territories of Valhalla, and become something of a mercenary; though over time he became known to some as a defender of the innocent. Upon his return to the war-torn regions of Valhalla, General Vydar, a fellow mercenary, has summoned Calibrax to the gray banner, gifting him with new weapons brought from other worlds.

Quote:

Double Attack
When Calibrax attacks, he may attack one additional time.

Life Transfer Aura
Each time Calibrax destroys an adjacent figure which is not a destructible object, you may choose a wounded Hero figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Calibrax. Remove one wound marker from the chosen Hero's Army Card. Calibrax cannot remove wound markers from his own Army Card.

Flying
When counting spaces for Calibrax's movement, ignore elevations. Calibrax may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Calibrax is engaged when she starts to fly, she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
Atalga the Kyrie Warrior - Kyrie Leadership - Being a Kyrie, Calibrax adds one to his Move due to Kyrie Leadership.

Command Courier - Command Dispatch - Being a Medium Unique Vydar Hero, Calibrax may take a turn when a Command Courier uses Command Dispatch.

Laglor - Vydar's Range Enhancement Aura - Being a Vydar figure with a range greater than 4, Calibrax may benefit from Laglor’s Vydar's Range Enhancement Aura.

Synergy Benefits Offered

Power Ranking and Master Index
Ranged flyers are automatically dangerous, but his aura can be tricky to use. B

Master Index

TBA

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...8_calibrax.jpg

Arch-vile July 30th, 2014 03:05 PM

Re: The Book of Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior

Please update this book and Andask's with proper formatting whenever you get the chance.

Synergies look good for both. :up:

Simval July 30th, 2014 09:59 PM

There's an error : on Calibrax card it says Each time Calibrax destroys an adjacent figure which is not a destructible object [...] while, in the text form, the word adjacent is missing.

Had me believing his power was really good... If he needs to be adjacent this is almost never gonna be useful, especially since he can't heal himself ! Calibrax is gonna be weak, so you don't want him in melee... I don't get it. :shrug:

MegaSilver July 30th, 2014 10:57 PM

He pairs decent with Andask.

Simval July 30th, 2014 11:21 PM

In which way ?

Maybe Andask's aura can help him attack but I feel he wouldn't stand long in the melee. It looks like his second power is gonna be highly situational but he's gonna be a pretty good assasin/shooter with flight and double attack.

jedilou July 30th, 2014 11:42 PM

I'd concur. He will be a good assassin but his second power is more of a bonus, although he should be able to use it from time to time assuming he has height or some other attack bonus.
He is 20 points more than Tyrian and Callibrax has 1 extra defense plus the Life Transfer Aura (He has 2 less move but his range can be increased by Laglor's Vydar Aura). I'd say that is a solid benefit and worth the bump in points. Removing 1 or 2 wounds on an expensive hero is rather costly (see Kelda, etc.).

If Callibrax's aura worked from range, he'd have to be much more expensive (I think higher than Taylord ... who still costs too much).

Simval July 30th, 2014 11:59 PM

I agree, if it worked from range he would be really powerful ! He's still a little bit pricey in my mind, because his small range puts him at risk of being killed at first sight... But I can't say if I don't test. :)

Dysole July 31st, 2014 07:29 AM

Some Ideas

I playtested him with Hydras and in a Q9, Raelin, Laglor pod. High defense, low life heroes really like him since he can make them insanely difficult to kill but yeah Life Transfer Aura is one of those things that you should try to look for key opportunities to utilize rather than focusing on it every turn. Double attack from flying range is still decently powerful on its own.

~Dysole, who quite enjoys the flying Medi-Vac

Porkins November 7th, 2014 01:32 PM

Any tips on where to get this figure?

dok November 7th, 2014 01:52 PM

When I google the pack name ("Heroic Quests: The Citadel") that has this and four other heroes (two of them still unreleased but we're getting there), I get several hits for sites that have it in stock. It's not dirt cheap any more, but it's still pretty close to Heroscape blister packs from back when they were in print.

Porkins November 7th, 2014 02:06 PM

Thanks, I tried "Jess Blacklock" at several sites with no luck, except for a few hits at eBay. I didn't realize it was sold in a blister pack; I thought "Heroic Quests: The Citadel" was the name of the set it belonged to.

Buddy412 December 9th, 2014 06:58 PM

Any reason why the printer friendly PDF is printing full page instead of the size of a heroscape card?