Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

TREX August 6th, 2015 08:30 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

@Dysole , for the previously destroyed would that be a squaddie. Heroes could get a bit crazy. Q9, Q10, or a deathwalker. On the Backfire, from what I understand, this guy always blows stuff up, so I would raise the low end up just a little to maybe 4 or lower. Another way to do the wounds could be a twenty die roll like DW7K. I'm not a fan of the Cartoon injuries, I may have to watch some of the show to get a better understanding. Right now he "rebirths" soulbourgs, causes unblockable wounds and gets to take off 2 wounds every round for free. This guy sounds like a powerhouse for being a Goofy cartoon evil genious. I do like the idea and I am sold on it more than my initial take.

mac122 August 6th, 2015 08:53 PM

Pardon the interruption...
Nice choice with Doofenshmirtz! IMO, the best character on Phineas and Ferb. Perhaps instead of any agent making it more likely for an Inator to fail, an opponent should choose a hero they control to be Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. Then, when the nemesis is nearby, Heinz or an Inator is more likely to fail.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion...

TREX August 6th, 2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2037603)
Nice choice with Doofenshmirtz! IMO, the best character on Phineas and Ferb. Perhaps instead of any agent making it more likely for an Inator to fail, an opponent should choose a hero they control to be Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. Then, when the nemesis is nearby, Heinz or an Inator is more likely to fail.

I like it. Its like the perry guy foiling his plans.

Confred August 6th, 2015 09:46 PM

Maybe I haven't watched enough, but the direction didn't match what I've seen. There are plenty of evil doctors out there that do have the robot minion thing going on, but so far, Doofenschmirtz isn't one of them. He's closer to Doctor Evil from Austin Powers with big doomsday devices. Giant magnet guns, giant lasers, giant grinders, giant ray guns, giant gravity guns

He's also a businessman that ties his plans to profit, seeming profit - but I doubt that side will translate in this version. Neither will his online purchasing.

Spoiler Alert!

Dysole August 7th, 2015 12:25 AM

Okay

Well Doof makes devices for crazy purposes. They are insanely powerful but he bungles the crap out of them. The best ways I can think of to represent that are

1. Make Inator cards
2. Have soulborgs be the Inators

He is not profit minded. He mainly just wants to take over the Tri-State Area or some other petty goal.

~Dysole, thinking a better analogue is Dr. Drakken rather than Dr. Evil

JC McMinis August 7th, 2015 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2037603)

Nice of you to drop in and check on on us mac. I was thinking the same thing last night at work and was going to suggest that.

Something like

My Archnemesis
At the begining of the game choose a Unique Hero an opponent controls. That character is Dr. D's (just abbreviating here) archnemesis. Whenever Dr D's archnemesis moves adjacent to any inator, you must instantly roll the "self destruct or fail" (whichever we choose roll).

IshMEL August 7th, 2015 07:52 AM

Finally, I will get to play the Doctor Doom / Doctor Doofenschmirtz teamup I've always wanted.

Confred August 7th, 2015 10:35 AM

On a side note, thanks for this show. It's gotten more than one chuckle out of me. And I had not seen it before doing research for this custom.

Dysole August 7th, 2015 02:25 PM

Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2037686)
On a side note, thanks for this show. It's gotten more than one chuckle out of me. And I had not seen it before doing research for this custom.

It is one of the better kids shows out there. I know of several others that I'd be tempted to add in when it comes back around to me.

I think if we do go with a Nemesis power it should just be called Nemesis since that's what he calls Perry (and there's even a song about it!)

~Dysole, seeing several viable options

TREX August 10th, 2015 09:21 AM

First of all, this guy seems pretty funny. Outline of what he will try to do. In a nustshell of what I am getting.
-Make Inators out of soulborgs.
-Have an option to blow them up with self destruct button.
-Have an Arch nemesis.

McHotcakes August 10th, 2015 12:13 PM

Should the Nemesis be restricted to Agent figures?

Confred August 10th, 2015 12:28 PM

I don't think so McHotcakes; let's keep it open and more flexible.

The imaginary Perry the Platypus card could have something like "When an opponent chooses a figure to be a Nemesis, that player must choose Perry."

Doofenschmirtz would always have a Nemesis, even in the lacking of Agents, he would choose his brother, ... or a fitness coach or something.