Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

wulfhunter667 January 30th, 2012 06:25 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1551593)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1551586)
Quote:

DR. MOREAU
Human
Unique Hero
Doctor
Merciless
Medium 5
Vydar

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

VIVISECTION
All Animal, Wolf, and Viper figures you control now have the class of Man-Beast. All Man-Beasts you control adjacent to Dr. Moreau add 1 die to their attack and 1 die to their defense. If Dr. Moreau is destroyed, all Man-beasts you control regain their original Class and do not receive any extra attack or defense dice from Vivisection.

LAW GIVER
After revealing an order marker on this card, you may first move and attack with up to 2 Man-Beast Hero figures you control or 1 Man-beast Squad you control. When defending with Dr. Moreau, add 1 to his defense for each Man-beast you control adjacent to him.

NATURE UNCONTROLLED 20
After taking a turn with Dr. Moreau, if there are any Man-Beasts adjacent to Dr. Moreau, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20 or higher, Dr. Moreau receives 1 unblockable wound for each adjacent Man-Beast you control.
I don't believe "or higher" is necessary here judgeing by the text for Mitonsoul. You may want to remove it. Just my :2cents:.

There has been debate over that in the customs community becuase of d20 boosting figures. Rules lawyers really get on my nerves and some rules lawyers say that if you roll a 20 and it gets boosted by an adjacent figure to 21, the result isn't 20 so the effect doesn't happen.

Personally, I thinnk that is a bunch of hog-wash. The intent of the power is clear. Anyhow, that is the purpose of the "or higher". I am good going with precedent of official powers as you have pointed out, though, and letting rules lawyers whine all they want about it.

Just pointing out what other's might complain about. Don't shoot the messenger... :surrender:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1551606)
To paraphrase Shakespeare:
:johnwoo2:Rules lawyers!

Oops... too late...:zombie:

Taeblewalker January 30th, 2012 06:26 PM

The current wording of "or higher" is better for the stated reasons.

mac122 January 30th, 2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1551635)
Just pointing out what other's might complain about. Don't shoot the messenger... :surrender:
Quote:

'Tis a noble sacrifice the messenger made...

"...or higher..." is fine with me. After all, Rules Lawyers are like Hydra. Kill one and two more take its place.

JC McMinis January 30th, 2012 07:12 PM

nice design there LC. Dr. Moreau seems a little crazed. Mayhap he would fit better under Valkrill or Utgar. Just a thought

wulfhunter667 January 30th, 2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1551639)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1551635)
Quote:

'Tis a noble sacrifice the messenger made...

"...or higher..." is fine with me. After all, Rules Lawyers are like Hydra. Kill one and two more take its place.

...or three or four or more...
:zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

Taeblewalker March 10th, 2012 10:04 AM

Any more thoughts on Moreau?

mac122 March 10th, 2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1551415)
I was thinking about making vivisection a little more inclusive. Wolves and
DR. MOREAU
Human
Unique Hero
Doctor
Merciless
Medium 5
Vydar

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

VIVISECTION
All Animal, Wolf, and Viper figures you control now have the class of Man-Beast. All Man-Beasts you control adjacent to Dr. Moreau add 1 die to their attack and 1 die to their defense. If Dr. Moreau is destroyed, all Man-beasts you control regain their original Class and do not receive any extra attack or defense dice from Vivisection.

LAW GIVER
After revealing an order marker on this card, you may first move and attack with up to 2 Man-Beast Hero figures you control or 1 Man-beast Squad you control. When defending with Dr. Moreau, add 1 to his defense for each Man-beast you control adjacent to him.

NATURE UNCONTROLLED 20
After taking a turn with Dr. Moreau, if there are any Man-Beasts adjacent to Dr. Moreau, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20 or higher, Dr. Moreau receives 1 unblockable wound for each adjacent Man-Beast you control.

I liked this one, even with the "or higher".

machinekng March 10th, 2012 12:36 PM

I like him. If every one else is good with him, I'm good.

Taeblewalker March 10th, 2012 01:48 PM

I'd call this one a wrap. LC can't really be on much anymore. We'll need an art guy to finish him up.

jcminins is next. Then me!

machinekng March 10th, 2012 01:59 PM

In that case: :thumbsup:.

mac122 March 10th, 2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1575132)
I'd call this one a wrap. LC can't really be on much anymore. We'll need an art guy to finish him up.

jcminins is next. Then me!

The art guy is working on it. What about points?

machinekng March 10th, 2012 03:27 PM

:duh:

Premature thumbs up.

As for points, somewhere between 100-120? He seems to be along the lines of Kurrok, MDG and the Venoc Warlord.