Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

quozl October 1st, 2019 12:55 PM

Re: The Book of Vehicle Rules - Final Editing

Quote:

Partial Cover VDOs are those with windows or other openings that allow for clear sight. These clear sight openings will be marked on Army Cards by the green target points on the VDO’s Hit Zone. Clear sight can only be traced through these target points.
How would you mark that "clear sight opening" on a motorcycle?

IAmBatman October 1st, 2019 02:24 PM

Valid. Maybe No Cover needs to be added.

MrNobody October 1st, 2019 02:43 PM

I just think we could maybe revise the language. Something like "Limited Cover" captures it a bit better I feel.

Motorcycles and stuff will still need target points either way, right? That's just how this system works.

quozl October 1st, 2019 02:47 PM

Would making the whole top of the motorcycle green work?

MrNobody October 1st, 2019 02:52 PM

I would do it near the handlebars, or on the little windshield if possible.

quozl October 1st, 2019 02:56 PM

That would make it so you couldn't shoot someone on a motorcycle unless you saw the handlebars.

IAmBatman October 1st, 2019 03:29 PM

It's honestly a little strange to put a motorcycle without a figure on it on the map (like a horse without a rider) and then put the figure on the card. It works well with vehicles that have partial and full cover.

Maybe this is something that a motorcycle design has to create a special rule for? Or just stick with partial cover and then the motorcycle LD can figure out where they want the target point to be (not something we need to decide on in the hypothetical, without the sculpt in front of us).

Tornado October 1st, 2019 03:48 PM

Going to be a bridge to cross for the Lawmaster. My initial thought is a point on the front and rear fenders.

IAmBatman October 1st, 2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2319276)
Going to be a bridge to cross for the Lawmaster. My initial thought is a point on the front and rear fenders.

Do you like the idea of the Lawmaster being partial cover? Or would you want a different designation for something like it?

Tornado October 1st, 2019 03:59 PM

Pretty open minded. The original version would have been full cover essentially.
No cover would seriously drop their value which may not be a bad thing.

Yodaking October 1st, 2019 04:31 PM

I feel thematically that a Motorcycle doesn't really give you any cover at all. You are pretty exposed on one. It's the trade off you make to have a narrow vehicle that can go places a bigger car could not, unfortunately that's not how it will work in C3G since full sized cars and motorcycles will both occupy just one hex in width. I guess the motorcycles will just have to be cheaper in point cost and have other benefits like higher speed or something.

Lazy Orang October 1st, 2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2319314)
I feel thematically that a Motorcycle doesn't really give you any cover at all. You are pretty exposed on one. It's the trade off you make to have a narrow vehicle that can go places a bigger car could not, unfortunately that's not how it will work in C3G since full sized cars and motorcycles will both occupy just one hex in width. I guess the motorcycles will just have to be cheaper in point cost and have other benefits like higher speed or something.

Depending on the size of the cycle, I could see it being single spaced, pretty easily. Don't feel they need to take more space than Hulk or Juggernaut.