Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

IAmBatman September 24th, 2019 04:00 PM

Re: The Book of Draftable Vehicle Rules - Final Editing

This is sort of a necessary extension of the draftable Sports Car LD as well. That still needs a draftable version of the card as part of this. So technically this is an LD of that as well.

I agree it's muddy middle ground, though. Sounds like y'all don't think it should be taking up my design slot, though, so I'll keep that in mind and operate accordingly. :-D Thanks for the feedback!

Tornado September 24th, 2019 07:17 PM

I think there is a better chance that people work on projects like new rules and campaigns and what not if they do not take a slot.
Going to take a lot of gumption to burn a slot to get buildings going again. :)

IAmBatman September 24th, 2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2316032)
I think there is a better chance that people work on projects like new rules and campaigns and what not if they do not take a slot.
Going to take a lot of gumption to burn a slot to get buildings going again. :)

I actually slightly disagree. I think not requiring a design slot slightly increases the likelihood of starting up work on something, but it significantly reduces the likelihood of seeing it through. And I think seeing through things like buildings and new rules and campaigns is significantly tougher than starting them up. :2cents:

But if I spent all those points to start it and it's taking up a design slot and keeping me from working on something else? I'm really going to push to try to see it through.

To me this is the biggest problem with reevaluations. They languish because nobody is really driven to lead them. Nobody has skin in the game when it comes to their completion. So we just pick away at them here or there and if they get too tough it's so easy to just forget about them.

If something's your LD, you don't do that.

A3n September 24th, 2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2315797)
No objections here, as long as it's just a 'waiting for art' deal (like about 75% of my recent LDs :)).

If there is something still outstanding i might be able to assist on the weekend. Post links in the Card Art Progress Tracking.

Yodaking September 24th, 2019 10:39 PM

I hear what you are saying Bats but sometimes the passion to see something through just needs to come from within rather then be pushed along by outside forced to do something.

IAmBatman September 24th, 2019 10:48 PM

I think if it's your LD and people know that not helping you out is holding you up, it's also easier to get people to chip in. :-)

I guess I'd ask if you think Apartment Buildings, the Small House, and the Bookshelf Skyscraper stalled due to lack of passion by the person leading them or if there was another factor involved? (Although that factor might exist regardless of whether it's an LD or not).

Yodaking September 24th, 2019 11:41 PM

I know I dropped out of the Apartment Building project because it was clear it didn't have the support needed to complete it. Everything that could be done on my end was done. At the end of the day this is a group project and you have to get other members of the group to buy into your vision, I wasn't able to do that with the Apt. building. It's why you shouldn't have to have one of your design slots tied to something radical and new that might never get the support you need to complete it. The design slots should just be used to regulate the core product C3G produced, which are new character LD's.

Maps, Glyphs, Spells, DO's are all second tier product. Whether or not they cost you a slot seems to have some flexibility, and is handled on a case by case process, but even when it takes up a slot the cost is reduced or free. Putting together and new rule book, a campaign scenario, or really anything else that would be rare or unusual in comparison to the regular output of product is 3rd tier. Those shouldn't require a cost or a slot to run IMO. Trying to corral the other Heroes into participating and endorsing something out of the standard wheel house will be difficult enough to achieve. If an LD can't move the mountain, then the mountain just doesn't get moved.

IAmBatman September 25th, 2019 07:54 AM

Yeah, I guess my conclusion is that mostly the mountain doesn't get moved, which is an ongoing source of frustration and disappointment for me. I know, for instance, that there are several things out there that you and Tornado and I would've completed by now with just a little more support. That's probably a discussion for elsewhere, though. We've :hijack: this thread enough.

I'll keep waiting and rooting for the art to progress on this but won't consider it a design slot in the meantime. Thanks, all!

japes September 25th, 2019 11:00 PM

Sorry it took so long. I had to recreate this book from scratch since the file didn't work out for me. I couldn't find the original cover art so I had to find something new. Hope this is acceptable.

First Draft

https://www.heroscapers.com/c3g/rele...eVDO-cover.jpg

PDF

MrNobody September 25th, 2019 11:23 PM

Quick things I immediately noticed;
-On the bulleted list on the first page, it says Drafting ehicles.
-The example 2 box on page 3 appears to have a stray letter hiding behind it.
I can double back for a closer read tomorrow.

Thank you for this Japes! Really excited to see VDO rules get on the road.

japes September 25th, 2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2316801)
Quick things I immediately noticed;
-On the bulleted list on the first page, it says Drafting ehicles.
-The example 2 box on page 3 appears to have a stray letter hiding behind it.
I can double back for a closer read tomorrow.

Thank you for this Japes! Really excited to see VDO rules get on the road.

Yeah there is likely more mistakes. My brain doesn't always function the best when I get fatigued. Side effect of too many concussions. But editing is easier than creating it the first time.

IAmBatman September 26th, 2019 06:39 AM

Awesome! Cover looks great and psyched this is up! :-) Now we just need to pour into the editing and go from there. Too bad Sporx doesn't have Sanctum access. :-P