Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

IAmBatman August 12th, 2018 08:48 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Vote for Initial T

Could probably keep it to a sentence:

PARTIAL COVER
If a figure targets a non-adjacent figure for an attack, and any part of the targeted figure’s hitzone is covered by another figure or terrain piece, the targeted figure adds one did to its defense against the targeting figure’s attack.

Or something like that. I’m sure there’s better wording. Could probably use the jungle terrain as a basis.

japes August 12th, 2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2210058)
I'll be frank... I always kind of hated the Ruins. Oh, yeah, I can stand just in front of this ruin and gain cover! Yeah... no.

I'd much rather a set of rules for Partial Cover, since I reckon they can be kept as simple as the rules for Knockback etc., if not simpler, and I'd like to be able to take cover behind battlements, cars and elevation changes.

Not really anything different than the Jungle Terrain giving you a defense boost for standing next to it.

Ronin August 12th, 2018 11:01 AM

This vote passes despite being ignored in favor partial cover rules discussion.

(Get your own thread for that! :p Or make a general 'new optional rules discussion thread' to brainstorm game expansions - it'll be easier to find the conversation later that way.)

150 may seem on the high end for a sports car, but I can foresee plenty of scenarios where a car would be as useful to you as say, Stilt-Man.

I'll run some games with the sports car and the mole machine this week.

IAmBatman August 12th, 2018 12:02 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Initial Testing)

Thanks! :up:

quozl August 12th, 2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2210102)

Let's add them to public testing after we do initials to drum up some excitement.

Lazy Orang August 12th, 2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2210094)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2210058)
I'll be frank... I always kind of hated the Ruins. Oh, yeah, I can stand just in front of this ruin and gain cover! Yeah... no.

I'd much rather a set of rules for Partial Cover, since I reckon they can be kept as simple as the rules for Knockback etc., if not simpler, and I'd like to be able to take cover behind battlements, cars and elevation changes.

Not really anything different than the Jungle Terrain giving you a defense boost for standing next to it.

That feels thematic for me for blending into the forest. It doesn't feel thematic for taking cover behind a wall.

Tornado August 12th, 2018 12:34 PM

You should start a thread for this L_O.

Lazy Orang August 12th, 2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2210157)
You should start a thread for this L_O.

I'm in no hurry on it, it's just an optional rule I'd be interested in running at some stage. Definitely not while another optional rule's in development and probably not while I'm only a Sidekick. :)

Tornado August 12th, 2018 12:43 PM

At least move the discussion to your workshop then. :)

Ronin August 12th, 2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2210138)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2210102)

Let's add them to public testing after we do initials to drum up some excitement.

Yeah, definitely. :up:

Ronin August 22nd, 2018 03:37 PM

I've let these games get away from me a little bit, but I haven't forgotten! Will hit at least the Sports Car in the next couple days.

IAmBatman August 22nd, 2018 03:39 PM

Sweet. This was one of those many, many "irons in the fire" I was thinking of.