Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown August 11th, 2010 08:28 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1171259)
Any possiblity of reducing her normal attack to 2? She's still have 4 attack against adjacent figures and 5 attack against adjacent vampires. Or even reduce her attack to 2, but increase the other bonuses by 1. I don't think Buffy needs a high ranged attack.

I would go along with that. It would also help with cost control. I would say still start her at 180 and go from there, though.

(prepare for a shameless plug)
BTW, I have created a few maps based on (or inspired by) our customs project. There is a Castlevania map (not a recreation, just inspired by Simon), a Dr. Who map (a recreation of one of my favorite episodes), and a Buffy map (a recreation of the final episodes of the series). I couldn't think of one for Agent J unfortunately. You can click the link to my maps in my sig if you want to check them out.
(shameless plug finished)

wulfhunter667 August 11th, 2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1171530)
Quote:

Any possiblity of reducing her normal attack to 2? She's still have 4 attack against adjacent figures and 5 attack against adjacent vampires. Or even reduce her attack to 2, but increase the other bonuses by 1. I don't think Buffy needs a high ranged attack.

I would go along with that. It would also help with cost control. I would say still start her at 180 and go from there, though.

The reasoning behind leaving her base attack at 3 is twofold. First, being the Slayer, she is well trained in the use of deadly force and would know just the right spot to make a crossbow bolt hurt. Second, she will need that extra die against an Human figures she attacks. Yes, she might pull her punches a bit against normal, everyday people on the street, and the way I have her now, she continues doing that. But, this is the battle of all time. The Humans she faces are trying to kill her. Why would she not aim to kill in that kind of fight? I have to say no to reducing her base attack. It just doesn't make sense to me. I will go with 190 for her cost to reflect that for now. Obviously, playtesting will determine her final cost.

mac122 August 11th, 2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1171598)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1171530)
Quote:

The reasoning behind leaving her base attack at 3 is twofold. First, being the Slayer, she is well trained in the use of deadly force and would know just the right spot to make a crossbow bolt hurt. Second, she will need that extra die against an Human figures she attacks. Yes, she might pull her punches a bit against normal, everyday people on the street, and the way I have her now, she continues doing that. But, this is the battle of all time. The Humans she faces are trying to kill her. Why would she not aim to kill in that kind of fight? I have to say no to reducing her base attack. It just doesn't make sense to me. I will go with 190 for her cost to reflect that for now. Obviously, playtesting will determine her final cost.

I could see her attack going to 2, but Wulf makes a persuasive arguement. I suggest we leave her attack at 3 and start her point cost at 190 and see how it goes. If playtesting shows that 3 attack would drive her point cost too high, then we can revisit and adjust it then.

Lamaclown August 12th, 2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1171687)
I could see her attack going to 2, but Wulf makes a persuasive arguement. I suggest we leave her attack at 3 and start her point cost at 190 and see how it goes. If playtesting shows that 3 attack would drive her point cost too high, then we can revisit and adjust it then.

Sounds reasonable to me.

~Lamaclown, suddenly feeling like nothing more than a "Yes Man" ;)

Balantai August 12th, 2010 11:37 AM

I see what you're saying Wulf. I have another suggestion:

Current Wording:
SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. Buffy may roll 1 additional attack die if the defending figure has the Drain Life Special Power.

Suggested Wording:
SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. If Buffy attacks a figure that is not Human, you may roll 1 additional attack die. If Buffy attack a figure with the Drain Life Special Power, you may roll 1 additonal attack die. Additional attack dice may be cumulative.

With this wording and a reduction in attack to 2, Buffy would have an attack of 2 at range and 4 against adjacent Humans, and an attack of 3 at range and 5 against adjacent non-Humans and 4 at range and 6 against adjacent Vampires. In my opinion, Buffy's range attack should be less than her hand to hand combat, where she specialized.

wulfhunter667 August 12th, 2010 08:54 PM

I just can't see it Balantai. Unless someone else has major objection to it, I'll leave it as is and see how it plays out in playtest. Also, unless anyone else has further comments, I think she might be ready for a vote.

Balantai August 13th, 2010 06:26 PM

Here's the current version:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer V. 2.0

http://blogonomicon.eponym.com/buffy.jpg

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure #067 -#069, Vampire Hunter.

http://74.50.48.3/uploaded_images/thumb/47193-thumb.jpg

Background:
To be determined later.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

TV, Movies & Comics: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Human
Unique Hero
Slayer
Valiant
Medium 5

Possible Stats
LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS 190

SLAYER'S AGILITY
Buffy is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Buffy never takes falling damage.

SLAYER'S STRENGTH
When Buffy attacks an adjacent figure that is not Human, you may roll 2 additional attack dice. Buffy may roll 1 additional attack die if the defending figure has the Drain Life Special Power.

SLAYER'S TRAINING
Buffy may be considered Large size when determining the effects of enemy figure's Special Powers. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Hrockle August 13th, 2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1173903)
Spoiler Alert!

Buffy never takes falling damage doesn't sound official. Are there any official cards that reference falling damage we might use?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer never rolls for falling damage.

Sounds a bit more official, but I don't know if it is.

Lamaclown August 13th, 2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1173914)
Quote:

Buffy never takes falling damage doesn't sound official. Are there any official cards that reference falling damage we might use?

I searched and searched and could find nothing. I even looked in the rulebooks to see how they addressed the issue of falling and flying figures to see how it was worded. They never address the issue.

I would go with what hrockle said; it sounds pretty good.

mac122 August 13th, 2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1174070)
Quote:

Quote:

I searched and searched and could find nothing. I even looked in the rulebooks to see how they addressed the issue of falling and flying figures to see how it was worded. They never address the issue.

From the Marvel rulebook in reference to the Superstrength symbol:
"A figure with this symbol is not affected by the Falling and Major Falling rules. The character is still affected by the Extreme Falling rules."
So:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is not affected by the Falling and Major Falling rules. Buffy is still affected by the Extreme Falling rules.

Would be official-style wording.

In the Book of Silver Surfer:
The 'S' symbol.
A figure with Superstrength is immune to Falling and Major Falling; the figure is not immune to Extreme Falling however.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is immune to Falling and Major Falling. Buffy is not immune to Extreme Falling.
Would be semi-official wording.

wulfhunter667 August 13th, 2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1174070)
Quote:

Quote:

The current wording is almost verbatim from the Superstrength power listing in the Marvel rulesbook. Also, I'll draw your attention to C3G's Catwoman here. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

Hrockle August 14th, 2010 10:15 PM

I guess I'll start the round of up-thumbs.

:thumbsup:

mac122 August 14th, 2010 10:38 PM

Let's send Buffy to playtesting.

machinekng August 14th, 2010 10:40 PM

Looks good!

wulfhunter667 August 15th, 2010 12:56 AM

I agree. Let's send her to playtest. :thumbsup:

Lamaclown August 15th, 2010 04:25 PM

It may be superfluous, but... :thumbsup: for the Buffster.

Of course doctors and agents for me for playtesting first (although I am chomping at the bit to play Buffy).

Balantai August 16th, 2010 12:55 PM

Hrockle,

Go ahead and post your pick. :D

Hrockle August 16th, 2010 01:31 PM

Yay! My turn!

Hm... I choose... Corwin from the Amber Chronicles by Roger Zelazny!

Characteristics:
*Strong, very strong. Almost superhuman, but not quite.
*black and silver are his colors
*wields a heavy one-handed blade
*He's tricky- Vydar, perhaps?
*has the ability to shift worlds: Basically, there is one true world, Amber, and all the others are merely shadows of Amber. To go between each world, all the princes and princess of Amber shift around certain details of the world. For example, when leaving Amber to go to Earth, they could decide to change the sky color first, and then the road they are on. Then the trees, then they can change from a horse to a car. The shifts happen quite suddenly, but they are sometimes subtle enough you won't recognize it.
*He is competent with all weapons, but usually wields a sword.

Delph August 16th, 2010 02:26 PM

I read the Wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corwin_...icles_of_Amber)

I've never read the books, but he sounds pretty interesting.

His sword, Grayswandir looks like a must.

Some quotes from the entry that might guide his powers:

"Corwin's favoured weapon is his sword Grayswandir, and his use of magic is extremely limited."
"While a few of his siblings exceed him in certain skills, at arms, strength and magic Corwin is well-balanced in most and is the best leader of them all. He also exemplifies stamina throughout the series."
"Corwin is a quick and strategic thinker"
"remarkable endurance and regeneration abilities"
"Grayswandir and Werewindle are inscribed with portions of the Pattern of Amber; this makes them particularly effective against creatures of Chaos."

Hrockle August 16th, 2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delph (Post 1176299)
I read the Wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corwin_(The_Chronicles_of_Amber)

I've never read the books, but he sounds pretty interesting.

His sword, Grayswandir looks like a must.

Some quotes from the entry that might guide his powers:

"Corwin's favoured weapon is his sword Grayswandir, and his use of magic is extremely limited."
"While a few of his siblings exceed him in certain skills, at arms, strength and magic Corwin is well-balanced in most and is the best leader of them all. He also exemplifies stamina throughout the series."
"Corwin is a quick and strategic thinker"
"remarkable endurance and regeneration abilities"
"Grayswandir and Werewindle are inscribed with portions of the Pattern of Amber; this makes them particularly effective against creatures of Chaos."

Handy info, thanks for finding that. I want to do all the princes and princess eventually, and thought that starting with Corwin would be helpful.

Another thing to note are the Trumps, which are basically tarot cards with pictures of places and the royal family on them that can be used to talk to or visit said places and people.

Balantai August 16th, 2010 03:50 PM

Which miniature will you be using for this one, Hrockle?

Hrockle August 16th, 2010 06:12 PM

At this point I haven't done any miniature research, and as my eyes are currently dilated, I can't really focus too much on the necessary details.

EDIT:Here's a more formal post:
Corwin
Literature: Chronicles of Amber
No mini yet
Wiki entry

Focus:
An all rounder with commanding abilities. I want to make him synergize with the rest of the prince and princesses(those will be my next picks).

wulfhunter667 August 16th, 2010 10:20 PM

I have to say, you've made an interesting choice. On that same note though, I'm not sure how in the world you are going to do it. I know enough about Amber to know that if Corwin ever did get sucked into the battle of all time, he's only stay long enough to let it amuse him for a few minutes and then use a Trump to get the crap out before the stuff got too deep. Same for all the Amberites. If you remove the world walking ability, I think it might work. And I'll cetainly provide commentary when and where I can.

Lamaclown August 16th, 2010 11:04 PM

I can't say that I have ever heard of the books or characters. Once we get to the wording and costing point I will start giving my input.

mac122 August 16th, 2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1176956)
I can't say that I have ever heard of the books or characters. Once we get to the wording and costing point I will start giving my input.

Ditto.

Lamaclown August 17th, 2010 03:52 PM

OK, to get the ball rolling I will post some thoughts based just on the wiki article. If these aren't in line with the character feel free to totally dismiss them...

With his sword, rather than go with another figure that yet again gains an attack bonus against certain other figures, I thought this was interesting from the wiki link... "Grayswandir... allows Corwin to speak to the shades in Tir-na Nog'th."

So how about somethng like this (if it fits the character):
GRAYSWANDIR
After revealing an order marker on this card you may first take a turn with up to 3 undead squad figures you control. When taking a turn with an undead squad using Grayswandir, you may not use any bonding or other movement abilities on the squad's card.

I now that shades of Tir-na Nog'th doesn't necassarily translate into undead but it is a starting point.

the wiki also says he uses subterfuge when necessary...
SUBTERFUGE
When rolling the 20 sided die for any figure you control you may add 1 (or 2?) to whatever you roll.

Although these do put him as a niche figure rather than an all-around figure. He would do great with an army of Shades of Bleakewoode with each of the above abilities.

Anyhow, reject them if they don't fit Corwin. I just thought we could think outside the box as far as abilities go (ie another attack boost). Also, wanted to get something here as far as design goes for this guy.

Delph August 17th, 2010 04:00 PM

I like both of those abilities.

I think subterfuge could also be accomplished through turn markers. Possibly allow a switch, or a second "X" marker.

He should have bonus attack against "Chaos" figures, which could be defined as Utgar or by Personality (Rebellious, Tricky and/or Wild figures.)

Balantai August 18th, 2010 02:17 PM

I don't really know this character so everything is based off of Wiki info.

Grayswandir
Figures who follow Utgar roll 1 less defense die when defending against a normal attack.

Grayswandir
When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, you may add 2 to Corwin's attack. You may add an additional 2 to Corwin's attack if the defending figure follows Utgar.

His endurance and regeneration abilities can represented in high life. Perhaps 6 or 7.

Tactician
Friendly figures adajacent to Corwin may add 1 to their attack and defense.

Royalty
After revealing an order marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Corwin, you may take a turn with any King, Queen, Emporer, Emporess, Prince or Princess you control.

World Shift (Or whatever it's called when they do this)
If Corwin recieves enough wounds from an attack to be destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, Corwin receives no damage from the attack and you must immediately place Corwin on an empty space in your starting zone. Corwin does not receive leaving engagement attacks when moving due to World Shift.

Lamaclown August 18th, 2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1178515)
Royalty
Instead of taking a turn with Corwin, you may take a turn with any King, Queen, Prince or Princess.

If Corwin recieves enough wounds from an attack to be destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, Corwin receives no damage from the attack and you must immediately place Corwin on an empty space in your starting zone. Corwin does not receive leaving engagement attacks when moving due to World Shift.

I really like World Shift. Nice representation (AFIK from the wiki).

For Royalty should Emperor be added? I was just thinking of all the dragons, Zelrig is an Emperor (poor Mimring, he's just a beast).

Hrockle August 18th, 2010 03:10 PM

My original idea for world shift was to make it similar to Grapple Gun, but I rather like Balantai's representation. While not entirely thematic, it is functional.

I'm not a fan of Tactician, I like Royalty. Perhaps I could meld them into one?

I think Grayswandir would work better against those with a Wild or Tormented personality.

I was thinking about making him large, as people who first meet the royalty from Amber generally comment on their height. But that depends on if I can find a proper figure.

I love Subterfuge.

And at those of you who haven't read the books, pick them up somewhere, they're an awesome read.

Delph August 18th, 2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

I like this a lot. Not especially heroic, and not always beneficial, but how I think someone with the ability would react to situations. Kind of "subterfuge-y" as well.

mac122 August 18th, 2010 03:54 PM

Only know what I read in Wikipedia. There was a mention of him being blinded but that over time his sight returned because of his body's ability to heal itself. I'd like to see a regeneration ability instead of pumping up his stats. Maybe something that could be used in conjunction with or after the World Shift. Corwin is almost killed, World Shifts to remove himself from battle and then some die roll or OM use or whatever to remove some wound markers.

Hrockle August 18th, 2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1178665)
Only know what I read in Wikipedia. There was a mention of him being blinded but that over time his sight returned because of his body's ability to heal itself. I'd like to see a regeneration ability instead of pumping up his stats. Maybe something that could be used in conjunction with or after the World Shift. Corwin is almost killed, World Shifts to remove himself from battle and then some die roll or OM use or whatever to remove some wound markers.

Yes, his eyes were burned and removed. It took him a couple years, but he regenerated his eyes completely. I do like that idea, I'll work on it and hopefully have a draft up tonight before I go to sleep.

wulfhunter667 August 18th, 2010 04:07 PM

I think Balantai is on the right track with World Shift. But allowing regeneration is going to turn this guy in a beast to kill IMHO. It's bad enough to have him returning to the start zone 40% of the time instead of being destroyed. But to give him regeneration as well? Too much. Unless you intend on making him a 300 or 400 point figure. Just my :2cents:.

Takanuva August 18th, 2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1178515)
I don't really know this character so everything is based off of Wiki info.

Grayswandir
Figures who follow Utgar roll 1 less defense die when defending against a normal attack.

Grayswandir
When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, you may add 2 to Corwin's attack. You may add an additional 2 to Corwin's attack if the defending figure follows Utgar.

His endurance and regeneration abilities can represented in high life. Perhaps 6 or 7.

Tactician
Friendly figures adajacent to Corwin may add 1 to their attack and defense.

Royalty
After revealing an order marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Corwin, you may take a turn with any King, Queen, Emporer, Emporess, Prince or Princess you control.

Grayswandir=I like it, but since there's a new evil general coming out, shouldn't it be Utgar and ____? Maybe we could change the card to add that after we know the General's name, or just give him the ability against everyone.

Tactician=Only helping Adjacent characters isn't as useful if he can't bond, and I don't see it helping him as much as his other powers are almost all offensively orientated. If a player wants a cheerleader they’re going to go for cheaper, more effective ones, like Raelin. I don’t think the one’s who use him as an attack unit will use Tactician nearly as much as it costs to put on a card. Of course, this is all theory-Scaping, so I actually have no idea. But I think a power that had more range, or that activated after he takes a turn, would be better. Perhaps: All figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Corwin gain an additional attack die and an additional defense die for every revealed order marker on this card.

Royalty=Almost all the figures this affects are dragons, and I don’t think that’s very thematic. Also, like Tactician, that makes him over-costed depending on how you use him. If you want to use him offensively as an attacker, you won’t use use this power, but you still have to pay the extra points on his card for them. If you keep him in the back all game for OM safety, you still have to pay the points for his offensive powers, which you won’t use. It will probably be better when we make his siblings(The ones you would thematically use this power on) But if it also affect dragons, which are so much more powerful, I don’t think it will be used for much else. Maybe you could add a symbol(Like Super-Strength) with an R in it, called a Royalty Symbol. Then he could use this power with those that had the Royalty Symbol. Also, there's a Wikipedia quote below that tell's a little about the World-shifting thing. It says all Amberites of Royal Blood can do it, so maybe the Royalty Symbol could have something to do with that, if yuo decide to use it.

Quote:

The Amber Multiverse

The series is based on the concept of parallel worlds, domination over them being fought between the kingdoms at the extreme ends of Shadow—Amber, the one true world of Order, and the Courts of Chaos. Amberites of royal blood—those descended from Oberon (and ultimately his parents, Dworkin, formerly of the Courts of Chaos, and the Unicorn of Order herself) —are able to "walk in Shadow", mentally willing changes to occur around them. These changes are, in effect, representative of the Shadow-walker passing through different realities. There are apparently infinite realities, and the characters in the novels are not sure if these different universes are created as one walks through Shadow, or if they already exist and a Shadow-walker is able to slip from one to another. In the Merlin cycle there are references to the Wheeler-Everret interpretation of quantum-mechanics and the Ghostwheel created by Merlin is said to "shuffle" through Shadows, suggesting that the multiverse exists independently, although this is never explicitly stated.

Takanuva August 18th, 2010 05:30 PM

I think it would be really interesting(But not that practical) To give a figure(maybe not Corwin) 1 life and a power that has

'When this figure is wounded, do not remove it from the battlefield or take any wounds off of this card. Instead, treat the figure as having no wounds. At the end of every round, roll the 20 sided die. If the result of the roll is equal to or less than the amount of wounds on this card, this figure is destroyed.'

If it was used for Corwin, it could represent his endurance, and when he decides it to dangerous him world-shifting out of there. You could also add that he removes a wound every time he rolls the 20 sided die for this power, to show his regeneration.

It’s quirky, makes the character a big gamble, and probably isn’t the best idea, but it would be interesting.

dfonse August 18th, 2010 09:53 PM

If Corwin is strategic maybe he could get an initiative bonus.

Balantai August 19th, 2010 12:09 PM

There's alot of great ideas here. Let's see a draft when you get a chance, Hrockle.

Balantai August 20th, 2010 11:12 AM

You still around, Hrockle?

Hrockle August 20th, 2010 11:39 AM

Corwin
Literature: The Amber Chronicles
Vydar

Amberite
Unique Hero
Prince
Tricky
Size: TBD (no current fig representation)

Life: 6
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

Tactician
Before taking a turn with Corwin, you may first take a turn with any unique Amberite Hero within 5 clear sight spaces.

Trump Card
After moving, if Corwin is not engaged, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may place one(1) Amberite you control adjacent to Corwin.

Grayswandir
When attacking an adjacent figure that has a Tricky, Wild, or Tormented personality, you may add 2 to your attack.

----------------------------------

I chose to fix the whole Royalty problem by using species, rather than class to decide whom he can govern. However, the main problem I view is that he will not be as flexible unless we can figure out another way we use Royalty, but not have it affect the Dragons.

Balantai August 20th, 2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1180723)
Sorry, summer reading projects, CoNs, headaches and chores have caused a delay in the completion of the draft.

*RESERVED*

No problem. We all have lives outside of Heroscape. Post it whenever you get a moment.

Lamaclown August 21st, 2010 07:39 PM

Dr. Hrockle, paging Dr. Hrockle...
Please report to the Heroes of Fiction Thread...
Dr. Hrockle

;)

Hrockle August 21st, 2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1182107)
Dr. Hrockle, paging Dr. Hrockle...
Please report to the Heroes of Fiction Thread...
Dr. Hrockle

;)

;)
Typing it up, just trying to make it sound official. Keep your eye on that reserved spot.

EDIT: Done!

machinekng August 21st, 2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Corwin
Literature: The Amber Chronicles
Vydar

Amberie
Unique Hero
Prince
Tricky
Size: TBD (no current fig representation)

Life: 6
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

Tactician
Before taking a turn with Corwin, you may first take a turn with any unique Amberite Hero within 5 clear sight spaces.

Trump Card
After moving, if Corwin is not engaged, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may place one(1) Amberite you control adjacent to Corwin.

Grayswandir
When attacking an adjacent figure that has a Tricky, Wild, or Tormented personality, you may add 2 to your attack.

----------------------------------

I chose to fix the whole Royalty problem by using species, rather than class to decide whom he can govern. However, the main problem I view is that he will not be as flexible unless we can figure out another way we use Royalty, but not have it affect the Dragons.

Hmmm...

I don't have much background with the series, so most of it looks good to me. With this build, I'd say 120-140 for points

Takanuva August 21st, 2010 08:43 PM

Can't really say on point cost...It depends on how good the other Amberites are.

Lamaclown August 21st, 2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Well, all royalty had their champions and warriors at their command. How about...

TACTICIAN/ROYALTY
Before taking a turn with Corwin you may first take a turn with any unique Champion or Warrior you control withiin 5 clear sight spaces of Corwin.

I haven't gone through all the Warriors and Champions yet to check for possible bonding loops and such but its an idea.

Balantai August 23rd, 2010 12:24 PM

In an attempt to remove possible looping, I always try to use the logic "...after revealing an Order Maker on this card..."

How about:

Tactician (Needs a new name. It already exists in Heroscape)
After revealing an Order Maker on this card, but before taking a turn with Corwin, you may first take a turn with any unique Amberite Hero you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Corwin.

Trump Card needs to reference leaving engagement attacks for the moved figure.

Grayswandir
When attacking an adjacent figure that has a Tricky, Wild, or Tormented personality, you may add 2 to your attack roll 2 additional dice.

Hrockle August 23rd, 2010 01:27 PM

Llamaclown
That would work, but that would mean he would not be able to bond with the others unless I made them Warrior or Champion. I would prefer them to have more regal statuses but if we can't decide otherwise, than I can work with that.

Balantai

Thanks for the wording suggestions, I'll probably use those. I forgot Tactician was used, so I'll probably go with Subterfuge.