Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Dysole February 23rd, 2021 09:14 PM

Safari So Good

I think it should be "numbered Order Marker on a card of a figure who follow Utgar or Valkrill, if possible." I still like card placement rather than trying to remember which figures got destroyed and which ones got removed from the game. Otherwise I'm happy with it.

~Dysole, who will see what she comes up with the next time it rolls around to her

Confred March 11th, 2021 10:03 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Version 6.2
CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent has a figure on the battlefield who follows Utgar or Valkrill, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of their figure who follows Utgar or Valkrill, if possible.

PEACEMAKER GUN
When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice and if destroyed is placed on this card. Figures on this card lose all powers while on this card.

Figure looks like it's from Heroes Forge

Also, this design expires tomorrow. About to playtest instead of file taxes lol.

Current next up order is
@SirGalahad @Tornado @Sir Yeshua @Ericth74 @Zetsubo @Knox @JC McMinis
Taeblewalker @machinekng @McHotcakes @Confred @CJtheMighty @Barry allen @Dysole

Confred March 11th, 2021 11:28 PM

At 5 Life, She plays like a 60 Pt figure. I like her at odd Pts however because she's difficult to work with and I appreciate the pun. 65 could be fine. So could 55 since she's so niche.

In the series she's rough and tumble. Not particularly skilled at fighting but definitely more than 1. The increased Life showcases this well because she can handle a scrap

Drawback isn't much of a drawback, but it's fine.

Dysole March 12th, 2021 12:53 AM

Sounds Good To Me

I'd change "each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of their figure" to "each opponent must place a numbered order marker on a card of theirs" but otherwise I'm happy with everything else.

~Dysole, not 100% sure that the second power prevents things like Zombies Rise Again or the Thrall's power since the power is triggered from figures that aren't on her card (could just change it to "may not be removed from this card by any Army Card or Glyph" if we're uncertain. )

Confred March 12th, 2021 09:53 AM

Good call with the second power quibble

Confred March 12th, 2021 11:12 AM

I should also mention the card gets crowded fast and that may need to get addressed

Confred March 13th, 2021 01:42 AM

V6.21
CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent controls a figure on the battlefield who follows Utgar or Valkrill, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on a card of their figure who follows Utgar or Valkrill, if possible.

PEACEMAKER GUN
When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice and if destroyed is placed on this card. Powers cannot remove figures from this card.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...arp_468008.png

Dysole March 13th, 2021 11:06 AM

Close

Copy cyberclaw wording since the Sturla glyph is a thing. I'd also say "theirs" instead of "their figure" sounds more grammatically correct.

~Dysole, with finishing touches

Confred March 14th, 2021 01:03 AM

Re: Close

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2453471)
I'd also say "theirs" instead of "their figure" sounds more grammatically correct.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, please write out the power

Confred March 14th, 2021 01:21 AM

For reference (Commentary to come)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2453471)
Copy cyberclaw wording since the Sturla glyph is a thing.

CYBERCLAW
Figures affected by the Cyberclaw cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.

Glyph of Sturla (Revive)
One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each figure destroyed in the battle (yours, your teammates and your opponents'). If you roll a 19 or 20, place the figure in any starting zone of your choice. If you roll 1 through 18, the figure remains destroyed.

PEACEMAKER GUN
Powers cannot remove figures from this card.

Dysole March 14th, 2021 03:30 AM

Clarity

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, if any opponent controls a figure on the battlefield who follows Utgar or Valkrill, you must place a numbered order marker on this card and each opponent must place a numbered order marker on the card of a figure of theirs who follows Utgar or Valkrill, if possible.

That sounds most grammatically correct to me although I modded it from my original suggestion.

"Powers" is vague. Since Gladiatrons specifically calls out Special Powers on Army Cards or Glyphs that tells me that is the Heroscape language to use.

~Dysole, noting that Heroscape language could absolutely have been written better in many places

Confred March 14th, 2021 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2453592)
CYBERCLAW
Figures affected by the Cyberclaw cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.

Figures on this card cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.

Quote:

"Powers" is vague.
PEACEMAKER GUN
Special powers cannot remove figures from this card.
Quote:

Since Gladiatrons specifically calls out Special Powers on Army Cards or Glyphs that tells me that is the Heroscape language to use.
It mentions Army Cards and Glyphs, if we start listing do we need to mention terrain also?