Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown October 26th, 2011 08:02 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1503693)
Minor edits - I think it's "official" to use the figure's full name in the text. I'd also like SirG to give this the once over for capitalization and wording check before I post the card.

At least one official card uses a shortened name.
For Hulk's Super Leap ability it uses his full name (the Incredible Hulk) the first time it references him and after that it uses just "Hulk" to refer to him, so there is a precedent set if we want to use that to conserve some space.

Of course some may argue, "Yeah, but that is Marvel" to which I would say, "Yeah, but that is official" :p ;)

tcglkn October 26th, 2011 08:03 PM

I thought of that example too, but I wasn't sure if that was just cause I've spent too much time in the Marvel section lately.

Lamaclown October 26th, 2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1503801)
I thought of that example too, but I wasn't sure if that was just cause I've spent too much time in the Marvel section lately.

Great minds think alike...

...and so do ours. :D

tcglkn October 26th, 2011 08:08 PM

Aww, empty rep cannon. :grrrr:

Lamaclown October 26th, 2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1503803)
Aww, empty rep cannon. :grrrr:

Its the thought that counts. :)

Taeblewalker October 26th, 2011 10:02 PM

We're going to let mac go next, so he has a place in the rotation.

machinekng October 26th, 2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1503872)
We're going to let mac go next, so he has a place in the rotation.

Sounds good.

I was looking forward to designing, but hey, I still haven't found a miniature for my idea yet.

As for Eragon: :thumbsup:

Taeblewalker October 26th, 2011 10:14 PM

Thanks for understanding. Mac has a lot of ideas ready to go.

JC McMinis October 26th, 2011 10:23 PM

Eragon gets my :thumbsup: as well.

mac122 October 26th, 2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1503793)
You can conserve some words by just starting Energy Reserves with "After rolling for initiative . . . "

Since that always happens at the start of each round.

Good point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1503800)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1503693)
Minor edits - I think it's "official" to use the figure's full name in the text. I'd also like SirG to give this the once over for capitalization and wording check before I post the card.

At least one official card uses a shortened name.
For Hulk's Super Leap ability it uses his full name (the Incredible Hulk) the first time it references him and after that it uses just "Hulk" to refer to him, so there is a precedent set if we want to use that to conserve some space.

Of course some may argue, "Yeah, but that is Marvel" to which I would say, "Yeah, but that is official" :p ;)

That's official enough for me.

Quote:

DRAGON RIDER
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique Large or Huge Dragon you control. For the remainder of the game, after moving the chosen dragon, if it began its move adjacent to Eragon Shadeslayer, you may place Eragon on any empty space adjacent to the dragon. When Eragon is placed by this special power, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

ENERGY RESERVES
After rolling for initiative, you may either add 2 to Eragon Shadeslayer's Move or Range for the remainder of the round, 1 to Eragon's Defense for the remainder of the round, or remove one wound marker from this card.

BRISINGR
When Eragon Shadeslayer attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.
So full name for the first reference in an ability then shortened name afterward.

------------------------
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...HADESLAYER.jpg
----------------
BTW, for any of the cards, if the lead designer has an image in mind for the card, feel free to send it to me or send me a link. If it will fit, I'll use that when creating the card.

Lamaclown October 26th, 2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1503887)
DRAGON RIDER
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique Large or Huge Dragon you control. For the remainder of the game, after moving the chosen dragon, if it began its move adjacent to Eragon Shadeslayer, you may place Eragon on any empty space adjacent to the dragon. When Eragon is placed by this special power, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

ENERGY RESERVES
After rolling for initiative, you may either add 2 to Eragon Shadeslayer's Move or Range for the remainder of the round, 1 to Eragon's Defense for the remainder of the round, or remove one wound marker from this card.

BRISINGR
When Eragon Shadeslayer attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

Looks good to me.

Is the word "special" necessary? I don't know, just asking.

SirGalahad October 27th, 2011 09:24 AM

Classic is consistently inconsistent on the use of "special". There are about 10 instances (most involving Counter Strike) where "special" is left off and the power itself is not named (e.g. "Frenzy power"). One is even in the text of a special attack!

The rest of the time (a slim overall majority) "special" is used before "power" in the text.