Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred July 20th, 2015 01:41 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Sorry you've been having such bad luck with your own figure, what armies have you been playing with?

TREX July 20th, 2015 10:43 AM

The last 2v2 game we played all used 500pt ish armies
My army
Kratos 300
Brunak 110
Syvarris 100
510pts
Team mates army(my little nephew)
Iron Golem 100
KOW X3 210
Sir Denrick 100
Finn 80
490pts
Opponent 1
Varkannan Greyspears
Varkannan Swiftfangs
Bahadur
Captain Jack Sparrow
Sir Hawthorne
Opponent 2
Spartacus
Crixus
Priscus
Capuans x1
1x new c3v common gladiator hero

I have a ton of figures and I generally have liked to play Kratos with a thematic army, such as Romans or Cathar spearmen, but have tried with all kinds of figures. As far as who he fights, my brothers have thrown hydras at him, giants, gladiators, dragons, majors, you name it, they have thrown it at him. Anybody with any kind of high attack roll devastates him.(So Far, to my dismay) Like I said, I have a lot of choices in who he fights beside and who fights against him. He even took on the new behemoth orc cyclops figure from C3V the other day. Im going to keep playing him. I'm convinced he is close to the points he is at, I'll keep play testing when I get time.

Confred July 20th, 2015 12:51 PM

Try running him at their weakest Hero first. Him versus Hydras were good fights and the Marro Singers chewed him up. But when it's turn, he chewed back!

Confred July 20th, 2015 12:53 PM

Against those armies I feel he should have done good. Curious..

TREX July 20th, 2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2034226)

I'm going to keep throwing him out there, cause he's a fun hero to play. My brothers try to keep him from their heroes until very last to try to nerf him. So far its worked. Every now and again he gets to swing his blades and can't be stopped. I did manage to do that last game and it was glorious. But I didn't have any glyphs cause they were all squaddies, so no love from claws of hades at the very least. When I get home I will post a picture of a finished Kratos mod. It looks great, but I still want to make another one out of odd and end molded parts of other figures. For my next one I want to use.
-Possibly a monk head with an added goatee
-an ullar protectors chest and arms with or without wings(Icarus)
-a minion of utgars lower body from the waste down.
-modded armor for the golden fleece
-thorgrim helmet wings on the boots he is wearing.
-custom sculpt blades of chaos.
All these parts will be made out of greenstuff. I want to make this guy a medium figure that is as tall as a kyrie. Kratos is bigger than the average man. @McHotcakes, @Taeblewalker @JC McMinis, Machineking, any thoughts on Confreds latest version of everything as complete for Kratos and his Godly Artifacts. I think a vote to finalize is in order then we move on to our next hero.

Confred July 20th, 2015 03:00 PM

http://www.coolminiornot.com/305233?browseid=12584059

Taeblewalker July 20th, 2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2034232)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2034226)

I'm going to keep throwing him out there, cause he's a fun hero to play. My brothers try to keep him from their heroes until very last to try to nerf him. So far its worked. Every now and again he gets to swing his blades and can't be stopped. I did manage to do that last game and it was glorious. But I didn't have any glyphs cause they were all squaddies, so no love from claws of hades at the very least. When I get home I will post a picture of a finished Kratos mod. It looks great, but I still want to make another one out of odd and end molded parts of other figures. For my next one I want to use.
-Possibly a monk head with an added goatee
-an ullar protectors chest and arms with or without wings(Icarus)
-a minion of utgars lower body from the waste down.
-modded armor for the golden fleece
-thorgrim helmet wings on the boots he is wearing.
-custom sculpt blades of chaos.
All these parts will be made out of greenstuff. I want to make this guy a medium figure that is as tall as a kyrie. Kratos is bigger than the average man. @McHotcakes, @Taeblewalker @JC McMinis, Machineking, any thoughts on Confreds latest version of everything as complete for Kratos and his Godly Artifacts. I think a vote to finalize is in order then we move on to our next hero.

Everything looks good to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2034251)

Great mini!

TREX July 20th, 2015 10:10 PM

@Confred , did you make that mini? That's awesome. It brings my first Kratos mod to shame. I still love the way mine looks but the paintjob on that one is beast.

Confred July 20th, 2015 10:15 PM

@TREX I did not, but it's cool for sure.
You should post yours.

Quote:

KRATOS
UTGAR

DEMIGOD
UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
RUTHLESS
MEDIUM 5

BY THE GODS
Each time Kratos destroys an opponent’s Unique Hero, place a Godly Artifact Glyph on this card to a maximum of five Glyphs this game.

BLADES OF EXILE
If an opponent's figure is within 3 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no more than 4 levels above Kratos's height or 4 levels below Kratos's base, Kratos may add 2 to his Range when attacking that figure with a normal attack.

VENGEANCE OF KRATOS
When Kratos attacks with a normal or special attack, if he rolls at least two skulls, he may attack one additional time. Kratos may continue attacking with normal or special attacks until he doesn’t roll at least two skulls to a maximum of three additional times.

CLIMB FROM TARTARUS 18

Before each order marker you reveal after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 18 or higher, place Kratos on any empty space that is no higher than any figure's base and immediately remove all wound markers from this card. Each time Kratos is destroyed, immediately roll for Climb From Tartarus.

LIFE 6
MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 4
POINTS 300
Quote:

CLAWS OF HADES
(SPIRIT ENHANCEMENT)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH

When attacking with a normal attack, this figure may use these claws to remove figures from this Claws of Hades card to roll 1 additional attack die and to remove 1 wound marker from this figure's Army Card to a maximum 3 additional attack dice and 3 wounds removed with Claws of Hades. Each time this figure destroys a figure, place the destroyed figure on this Claws of Hades card.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Claws of Hades card, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives 1 wound. If ever this figure is destroyed, place one at a time all Godly Artifacts on this figure's Army Card power-side up on spaces this figure previously occupied or on empty spaces adjacent to spaces this figure previously occupied. Godly Artifacts are considered to be Ancient Artifacts in every other way.

:thumbsup:

TREX July 20th, 2015 10:34 PM

Here are some shots of my first mod, I rushed the paintjob because my kid brother really wanted to play him last night. I still love him though.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/...psdarqaz6o.jpg
More pics in the spoiler tab

Confred July 21st, 2015 12:11 AM

Looks good to me
Especially like the Hydra nod
Still kicking myself for not buying that pack when I had the chance at my local store

This figure has been a draining experience, but I'm enjoying the victory walk and am terribly pleased with the end product. All his Artifacts are relevant and worth it and he's a blast to play with definite presence on the battle field

JC McMinis July 21st, 2015 07:26 AM

Great work on this guys....work has been keeping me busy but I am off tomorrow and will do my best to get the cards done then.