Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

machinekng July 22nd, 2010 04:14 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

A question just popped into my head.

How would Run! interact with Scatter?

Balantai July 22nd, 2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1153576)
A question just popped into my head.

How would Run! interact with Scatter?

Good point. I'll change it to only effect Unique Heroes.

dfonse July 22nd, 2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1152409)
Only 3 people have thoughts on The Doctor? :?

EDIT: I'm going to wait until tomorrow to post my draft. It'll give people a bit more time to post their thoughts.

Sorry I read the Bio but I know nothing of the Docter so I do not know how I can Help

Hrockle July 22nd, 2010 05:26 PM

Sorry, I've been feeling sick.

I'm really excited to see someone who is willing to do the Doctor.
I was going to put in some input, but you've actually perfected him, so I'm quite happy with him.

I'd say he comes in at about 45 points.

Balantai July 22nd, 2010 05:48 PM

I was hoping to have The Doctor at a few more points than 50 - 75. Ideally, I'd like for him to be in the 100 - 150 range. How about:

The Doctor
Doctor Who
Television
Jandar

Time Lord
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Brilliant
Size: Medium 5

Life: 6
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 1
Defense: 2

BRILLIANT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2.
Defending figures may not use any Special Powers and may not roll any defense dice when defending against The Doctor's Brilliant Special Attack.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER
When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with The Doctor, you may add 4 to your roll.

RUN!
When The Doctor or an friendly Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 9 or higher, no figures are damaged from the attack and you may move The Doctor and all Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor up to 3 spaces. Figures moved by Run!, may not end their movement engaged and do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I upped his Special Attack to 2 and reduced the roll needed for Run! to 9+

wulfhunter667 July 22nd, 2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1153722)
I was hoping to have The Doctor at a few more points than 50 - 75. Ideally, I'd like for him to be in the 100 - 150 range. How about:

The Doctor
Doctor Who
Television
Jandar

Time Lord
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Brilliant

BRILLIANT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2.
Defending figures may not use any Special Powers and may not roll any defense dice when defending against The Doctor's Brilliant Special Attack.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER
When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with The Doctor, you may add 4 to your roll.

RUN!
When The Doctor or an friendly Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 9 or higher, no figures are damaged from the attack and you may move The Doctor and all Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor up to 3 spaces. Figures moved by Run!, may not end their movement engaged and do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Have to be honest with you. I liked the special attack better at 1. At 2 that kind of unbalances him a bit. You could just change his normal attack to 2. I like that better than the SA at 2. Besides, with SA at two and the normal attack at one, there would never be a reason to use it. If you up the normal attack to 2, at least there is a reason to move him adjacent, if need be.

machinekng July 22nd, 2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

The Doctor
Doctor Who
Television
Jandar

Time Lord
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Brilliant

BRILLIANT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER

RUN!

With those changes, I'd also up his attack to 2, and may be defense to 3.

With my suggested changes, he'd probaly be around 80-100 points.

Lamaclown July 23rd, 2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

The Doctor
Doctor Who
Television
Jandar

Time Lord
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Brilliant

BRILLIANT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER

RUN!

Upping him to A2/D3 would help boost his cost. Of course as far as his normal attack goes, even if it was just 1, it can benefit from height and other boosts that the special attack is not affected by. Still, I think at least a 2 is in order.

Granite-M July 25th, 2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

RUN!

When The Doctor or a friendly Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, no figures are damaged from the attack and you may move The Doctor and all Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor up to 3 spaces. Figures moved by Run! may not end their movement engaged and do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Just some minor editing changes. The wording in the section in red seems wrong, but I'm not entirely sure on how to change it. It just seems a bit out of line with the standard HS Style Manual.

mac122 July 25th, 2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granite-M (Post 1155692)
Quote:

RUN!

When The Doctor or a friendly Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, no figures are damaged from the attack and you may move The Doctor and all Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor up to 3 spaces. Figures moved by Run! may not end their movement engaged and do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Just some minor editing changes. The wording in the section in red seems wrong, but I'm not entirely sure on how to change it. It just seems a bit out of line with the standard HS Style Manual.

How about:
"If you roll a 9 or higher, ignore any wounds. You may move The Doctor ..."

Lamaclown July 26th, 2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1155728)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Granite-M (Post 1155692)
Quote:

RUN!

How about:
"If you roll a 9 or higher, ignore any wounds. You may move The Doctor ..."

or you could go with Vanish 9's wording...
"If you roll a 9 or higher, Isamu takes no damage..."

and change it to...
"If you roll a 9 or higher, affected figures take no damage..."

Balantai July 26th, 2010 11:46 AM

Well I'm back from Comic-con. I will read over everyone's imput and post an updated draft shortly.