Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   White Knight's Custom 3D Printed Figures (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50778)

Tornado December 5th, 2017 01:50 PM

Re: White Knight's Custom 3D Printed Figures

I doubt their lance is printable and they are pretty bad regardless. :)

Lazy Orang December 5th, 2017 02:28 PM

If you want to add Templars to your game I'd suggest finding unpainted proxy figures and painting them up, such as these ones - that's what I'd do when I want to add a second squad to the game. :)

But yeah, those guys aren't great - I'd suggest using the CUC version, which is what I'm planning to swap to - one area HS really screwed up was cavalry. Still, they're fun at times - I still have fond memories shortly after I got my one squad of them, playing on that ludicrously long Volcarren Wasteland map - my Mum, swarming my lines with Cyprien (consistently her favourite Classic hero), underestimating my knights in my backlines - spring the trap, one charge, one crushed and spitted vampire. :)

White Knight December 5th, 2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbowenwriter (Post 2170660)
This looks cool. We've been looking for knights to add to our game, but the after-market pieces (has it been 7 years since they stopped making heroscape?) are crazy expensive. The school has a 3D printer, so we'll give it a try.

Also, do you know where I can find stl files for the Templar Cavalry Knights?

Thanks.

Templar Calvary

If I were printing them, I'd cut off the spear in Blender and print it separately (and maybe even make a new spear in Blender).

If you need other files, let me know. I have all of them scanned.

kbowenwriter December 5th, 2017 10:14 PM

Thanks so much, White Knight, I really appreciate it.

~K.

Pumpkin_King December 5th, 2017 10:36 PM

This is random, but - how much would it cost to have someone print figures out for me? If I covered the shipping, time, and materials. I just don't have access to a printer.

Tornado December 6th, 2017 01:32 PM

I think Thingverse does printing.

Pumpkin_King December 6th, 2017 02:26 PM

I don't think they sell them through Thingiverse, though? Unless I'm reading it wrong.

White Knight December 7th, 2017 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 2170751)
This is random, but - how much would it cost to have someone print figures out for me? If I covered the shipping, time, and materials. I just don't have access to a printer.

You could send the files to Shapeways or another online service, but they are for-profit and pretty expensive. On the other hand, they can print good detail.

If there are models you want printed for Heroscape, I can probably do it. Pick out which models you want and I'll give you a price (with a breakdown so you can understand the costs). But my resolution isn't good enough to see most facial features on human sized figures.

Pumpkin_King December 7th, 2017 03:19 AM

Gotcha, thank you! I've actually been wanting to get characters from Bioshock printed - I'm trying to find models. In the meantime, what would be the price for, say, a squad of templar? Higher because they're bigger, of course.

White Knight December 7th, 2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 2170929)
Gotcha, thank you! I've actually been wanting to get characters from Bioshock printed - I'm trying to find models. In the meantime, what would be the price for, say, a squad of templar? Higher because they're bigger, of course.

Estimate below. Note: I haven't tried to print one yet, so the time to clean and assemble might change.

1x Templar Calvary -- $5.00
3.3m of printing filament ($1.00)
2 hours to print ($1.00)
30 minutes to clean off support material and attach lance ($3.00)

$15/squad (cleaned and assembled)
$6/squad (straight off the printer, unassembled and with support material attached)

How I decide on prices:
1) actual filament costs
2) Labor costs ($1 per 10 minutes, when I have to use my hot tool and/or epoxy to assemble or clean support material)
3) Machine time costs ($.50/hour).

Tornado December 7th, 2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Knight (Post 2170926)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 2170751)

You could send the files to Shapeways or another online service, but they are for-profit and pretty expensive. On the other hand, they can print good detail.

If there are models you want printed for Heroscape, I can probably do it. Pick out which models you want and I'll give you a price (with a breakdown so you can understand the costs). But my resolution isn't good enough to see most facial features on human sized figures.

Yes Shapeways was what I was looking for here. Thanks White Knight. :)

Pumpkin_King December 7th, 2017 02:09 PM

Huh! I might have to contact you next check!