Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Marvel Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Is the Silver Surfer Too Much For Classic 'Scape? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=12893)

Lord Pyre June 21st, 2010 10:03 PM

Re: Is the Silver Surfer Too Much For Classic 'Scape?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1118186)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherman Davies (Post 1118181)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elginb (Post 1117992)
I wish they had just given the Marvel Heroes more low level anti-squad attacks.

I agree, to a degree. (Hey, that rhymes.)

I'm fine with many Superscape figures being single-attack figures, if it fits them thematically. I only push for a multi-attack option for characters who often find themselves fighting lots of lesser opponents in their stories.

I agree with thee. ;) DareDevil is one of those characters that finds himself in that kind of situation, and so we definitely had to represent that for the C3G DareDevil.... oops..... should I have said that? :)

Hey, by the way, what DareDevil sculpt are you using?

;)

Griffin June 21st, 2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 1118222)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm fine with many Superscape figures being single-attack figures, if it fits them thematically. I only push for a multi-attack option for characters who often find themselves fighting lots of lesser opponents in their stories.

I agree with thee. ;) DareDevil is one of those characters that finds himself in that kind of situation, and so we definitely had to represent that for the C3G DareDevil.... oops..... should I have said that? :)

;)

Ha! OK, I will say this, he is extremely easy to base, he is low to the ground, and he always has a red suit. There, that should help. ;)

Lord Pyre June 21st, 2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1118224)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 1118222)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

;)

Ha! OK, I will say this, he is extremely easy to base, he is low to the ground, and he always has a red suit. There, that should help. ;)

DANGIT, so it's the other one, eh? Or is it?

I dunno, Griff, but the one standing up doesn't seem too low to the ground. :p

tcglkn June 26th, 2010 02:32 PM

A good counter for Silver Surfer is Major X17 and Theracus. Just drop X17 next to Silver Surfer and take him out.

Devil's Advocate June 26th, 2010 02:44 PM

He won't be locked down for long though using 6 attack vs 3 defense

tcglkn June 26th, 2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate (Post 1123110)
He won't be locked down for long though using 6 attack vs 3 defense

Its 7 defense for X17 when he is in Melee. And I have personally tested this strategy, it works well.

Sherman Davies June 26th, 2010 05:38 PM

X17's defensive ability doesn't work against Special Attacks.

Devil's Advocate June 26th, 2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1123204)

Its 7 defense for X17 when he is in Melee. And I have personally tested this strategy, it works well.

Not unless the Surfer payer is dumb and not using his Special Attack

Griffin June 26th, 2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate (Post 1123251)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1123204)

Not unless the Surfer payer is dumb and not using his Special Attack

Or if he is afraid to use any special attack while Count Vertigo is around. :twisted:
http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_custo...O-MINI-C3G.jpg

rommel1369 June 30th, 2010 11:24 PM

SS has done really well for me. He "usually" survives but I find it really hard to make your points back with him.... especially when multiple squads are in play. SS for me is not really a brawler but more of an assassin type. He is also very good with castles, grabbing glyphs and striking fear in to opponents. But that fear can work against you... everyone will always try their best to take him out. If he gets pulled out at our games everyone is like "gotta take him out, huge threat". And although Surfer is a force to be reckoned with he can be taken out with a whole host of special powers and abilities due to his size. Also his defence is pretty high but not unbeatable. How often have you seen a DW whiff on defence ;) If we play a 600-750 point game and someone decides to invest half of their points in to one character... hehe by all means please do :D I have in the past for fun but think 5x Stingers would rock his world while being more effective against other armies as well.

I don't think SS is too much for classic. But I'm sure others will disagree. Line Surfer up against 320 points of the best classic squads/heroes and you will see.

Griffin June 30th, 2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rommel1369 (Post 1127496)
SS has done really well for me. He "usually" survives but I find it really hard to make your points back with him.... especially when multiple squads are in play. SS for me is not really a brawler but more of an assassin type. He is also very good with castles, grabbing glyphs and striking fear in to opponents. But that fear can work against you... everyone will always try their best to take him out. If he gets pulled out at our games everyone is like "gotta take him out, huge threat". And although Surfer is a force to be reckoned with he can be taken out with a whole host of special powers and abilities due to his size. Also his defence is pretty high but not unbeatable. How often have you seen a DW whiff on defence ;) If we play a 600-750 point game and someone decides to invest half of their points in to one character... hehe by all means please do :D I have in the past for fun but think 5x Stingers would rock his world while being more effective against other armies as well.

I don't think SS is too much for classic. But I'm sure others will disagree. Line Surfer up against 320 points of the best classic squads/heroes and you will see.

I agree with you completely actually. Stacking that many points onto one hero is very dangerous and nowhere near as effective and efficent as a bunch of squads, especially Stingers. But I guess that courage is what makes them Unique Heroes, and a lot more fun to play for me personally. I mean I do love squads, I just happen to find Heroes to be more exciting, dangerous, compelling, and all around just more fun. But that is just me.

~ Griffin, who recognizes that only GOD himself could take on a bunch of Stingers equal to his point range. ;)

tcglkn July 1st, 2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1127517)
~ Griffin, who recognizes that only GOD himself could take on a bunch of Stingers equal to his point range. ;)

I guess that's how Thor did it ;) :lol: