Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Scapers Online (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Official Site Question Dump (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=46306)

Ninja Status June 6th, 2013 02:56 PM

Re: Official Site Question Dump

Question: Why is it that Hex_Enduction_Hour's title says Site Admin but he isn't a wielder of the ban hammer? Are the Site Admin and the Admin different stations, or is it just a glitch.

Joseph Sweeney June 6th, 2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Status (Post 1825205)
Question: Why is it that Hex_Enduction_Hour's title says Site Admin but he isn't a wielder of the ban hammer? Are the Site Admin and the Admin different stations, or is it just a glitch.

I suspect he once was an admin, but due to his inactivity got his powers revoked or something. :shrug: Or maybe he just doesn't have a badge. Funrun is the same way.

Ninja Status June 6th, 2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1825209)
Quote:

I suspect he once was an admin, but due to his inactivity got his powers revoked or something. :shrug: Or maybe he just doesn't have a badge. Funrun is the same way.

Yeah, where have those two been anyway?

Joseph Sweeney June 6th, 2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Status (Post 1825213)
Quote:

Quote:

Past members and site admins. It appears that they put quite a bit ito making the site what it is today.

And this appears to be stickied now!

~JS

Ninja Status June 6th, 2013 03:19 PM

Congrats JS on getting your thread stickied!:)

flameslayer93 June 6th, 2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1825222)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Status (Post 1825213)
Quote:

Quote:

Past members and site admins. It appears that they put quite a bit ito making the site what it is today.

And this appears to be stickied now!

~JS

Funrun even had a blog series dedicated to giving us non-admins a glimpse at what it was like turning scapers into an uber-pretty site to look at... ;)

Edit: Found it.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=164

Ninja Status June 6th, 2013 08:57 PM

So "site admins" can't ban users then am I right?

Ninja Status June 9th, 2013 10:00 AM

Question: why do some old users have disabled reputation? Is that an option on your profile or can admin's only do that.

MegaSilver June 9th, 2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Status (Post 1826807)
Question: why do some old users have disabled reputation? Is that an option on your profile or can admin's only do that.

Yes you can disable your own rep.

You will still get +/- rep, but it won't show up to anyone.

Dad_Scaper June 9th, 2013 11:32 AM

... and you won't be able to see the comments that come with your rep, either. I like having it on; it gives people the opportunity to send you messages easily, which otherwise they might not do.

caps June 9th, 2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 1826850)
... and you won't be able to see the comments that come with your rep, either. I like having it on; it gives people the opportunity to send you messages easily, which otherwise they might not do.

I send and receive many short, private messages through rep. I think it's a handy feature and I wish more sites implemented it.

Dad_Scaper June 9th, 2013 01:22 PM

"Capsocrates, you are a nincompoop," I have said many times as I've docked him. :twisted: