Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred July 14th, 2021 07:10 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2473350)
Just some more food for thought, I did see a bit on you tube where she used her magic to become invisible, though this may have been a one time thing.

That's why I want to watch the series. With these older shows sometimes a character will do something once then never again. If that were to be translated to scape, it could be scenario specific

Taeblewalker July 14th, 2021 09:18 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I don't think we want her to have more than three powers. I understand that allowing her powers to affect units other than Thundarr and Ookla might encourage people to not use those two units in an Ariel build, but I think the idea of using them will not only appeal to fans of the show, but will also be a viable option.

Tornado July 14th, 2021 11:30 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I guess it depends how good those other builds are and what that causes her final cost to be and if that final cost stills makes her decent in a Thundarr and Ookla build.
I do not know the meta well enough to even speculate that so it may not even be a concern.

Confred July 15th, 2021 02:14 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2473448)
I guess it depends how good those other builds are and what that causes her final cost to be and if that final cost stills makes her decent in a Thundarr and Ookla build.
I do not know the meta well enough to even speculate that so it may not even be a concern.

What is the Thundarr and Ookla build lacking?

What if she's good in other pods, but for their pod she is better than other options?

JC McMinis July 15th, 2021 10:59 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
just went back and looked at Thundarr, his Ookla, Ariel, Ride ability we limited to Unique heroes who followed Aquilla.

Taeblewalker July 15th, 2021 11:26 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2473511)
just went back and looked at Thundarr, his Ookla, Ariel, Ride ability we limited to Unique heroes who followed Aquilla.

When I used him I had Sujoah in the army. It was a fun game.

JC McMinis July 20th, 2021 08:08 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Ok card thus far during our discussions
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...46&oe=60FBE097

Tornado July 20th, 2021 09:00 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
That looks really cool.

Are we thinking Aquilla Heroes for the powers or maybe just any Aquilla figure?

Taeblewalker July 21st, 2021 01:11 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Very interesting to have Gladiator synergy. I like her helping out any allies instead of just Aquilla ones.

Tornado July 21st, 2021 07:13 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
For all three powers?

SirGalahad July 21st, 2021 12:12 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2473428)
I don't think we want her to have more than three powers. I understand that allowing her powers to affect units other than Thundarr and Ookla might encourage people to not use those two units in an Ariel build, but I think the idea of using them will not only appeal to fans of the show, but will also be a viable option.

Agreed.

Confred July 23rd, 2021 01:24 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2473851)
Ok card thus far during our discussions
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...46&oe=60FBE097

What if defense power boosts all friendlies who follow Aquilla and rings power cares about friendly classes regardless of general

Or maybe:

Bridge her people: Aquila
Defend the innocent: friendly
Ring her band: barbarians and gladiators

Tornado July 23rd, 2021 06:58 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I like that.

Confred July 24th, 2021 01:16 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Life 5, she's bold like with Amazon toughness, weak only compared to the studs she rides with

Taeblewalker July 24th, 2021 01:23 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2474350)
Life 5, she's bold like with Amazon toughness, weak only compared to the studs she rides with

Agreed.

SirGalahad July 24th, 2021 11:39 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2474260)

Bridge her people: Aquila
Defend the innocent: friendly
Ring her band: barbarians and gladiators

Might make her the most synergistic design ever.

JC McMinis July 25th, 2021 09:55 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 2474373)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2474260)

Bridge her people: Aquila
Defend the innocent: friendly
Ring her band: barbarians and gladiators

Might make her the most synergistic design ever.

So like this?
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...01&oe=6125406C

Taeblewalker July 25th, 2021 11:34 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
In Energy Rings I would change "attacks" to "targets."

Dysole July 25th, 2021 11:39 PM

FYI
 
Should be "within 5 spaces".

~Dysole, been very busy to keep more than just an eye on this

Taeblewalker July 25th, 2021 11:45 PM

Re: FYI
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2474524)
Should be "within 5 spaces".

~Dysole, been very busy to keep more than just an eye on this

I take it you mean, instead of "5 clear spaces" half-way through the text of the power, and not the phrase "5 clear sight spaces" near the beginning of the power.

Dysole July 26th, 2021 01:28 AM

Yeah
 
"When an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces" is what I meant.

~Dysole, once again reiterating that she has kinda been paying partial attention here.

Taeblewalker July 26th, 2021 01:50 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Ok. You're replacing "in" with "within." That makes sense.

Shiftrex July 26th, 2021 01:51 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
That sounds like a nice progression of powers.

Tornado July 26th, 2021 09:38 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Looks good.

Confred July 26th, 2021 12:03 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2474519)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 2474373)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2474260)

Bridge her people: Aquila
Defend the innocent: friendly
Ring her band: barbarians and gladiators

Might make her the most synergistic design ever.

So like this?
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...01&oe=6125406C

As a quick mockup I think it looks good.

Should her name be Princess Ariel - or - Ariel, Princess of [something]

Placeholder personality could be Bold?

SirGalahad July 26th, 2021 12:16 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2474565)

Should her name be Princess Ariel - or - Ariel, Princess of [something]

Placeholder personality could be Bold?

Wiki says where she is a princess of is never revealed.

Tornado July 26th, 2021 12:43 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Princess of Something has a nice ring to it.

Confred July 27th, 2021 05:27 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 2474567)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2474565)

Should her name be Princess Ariel - or - Ariel, Princess of [something]

Placeholder personality could be Bold?

Wiki says where she is a princess of is never revealed.

The 80s ... Amirite

Princess Ariel then?

Confred July 27th, 2021 05:28 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2474570)
Princess of Something has a nice ring to it.

Ariel, Sorcery Princess

Confred July 27th, 2021 02:54 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Energy Field should probably be altogether dropped.
It butts with Thundarr's Sun Sword Deflection

Rings could be debilitating enough and removing that could put her Points down to where we'd want them, perhaps as low as 60 to make an even 300 pt pod

FYI
TB: 110
OM:130
+=: 240

Tornado July 27th, 2021 06:44 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I am open to that. Two defensive powers is probably too much.
Maybe replace it with a super niche power, like a bonus against magic users. She was always the answer when facing another mage.

Taeblewalker July 27th, 2021 06:53 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2474693)
I am open to that. Two defensive powers is probably too much.
Maybe replace it with a super niche power, like a bonus against magic users. She was always the answer when facing another mage.

Agreed. I remember her deflecting energy eyebeams from Gemini.

Confred July 27th, 2021 11:02 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2474699)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2474693)
I am open to that. Two defensive powers is probably too much.
Maybe replace it with a super niche power, like a bonus against magic users. She was always the answer when facing another mage.

Agreed. I remember her deflecting energy eyebeams from Gemini.

+1 Attack and Defense when within 7 spaces of an enemy Mage figure.

Taeblewalker July 27th, 2021 11:05 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Not bad! She uses their own magical mojo against them (which is how she adds to her stats even when attacking/defending against a non-Mage figure. Unless you only want her to gain the boost against Mage figures exclusively, in which case you need to reword the power).

We will, of course, have to make up some Mage characters. From the show, I remember Mindoc the Mind Mage and Gemini.

Confred July 27th, 2021 11:15 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2474719)
Not bad! She uses their own magical mojo against them (which is how she adds to her stats even when attacking/defending against a non-Mage figure. Unless you only want her to gain the boost against Mage figures exclusively, in which case you need to reword the power).

We will, of course, have to make up some Mage characters. From the show, I remember Mindoc the Mind Mage and Gemini.

I imagined her deflecting their powers to effect also their minions, so boost v all if near

She's a Sorceress
Perhaps instead of Mage, we use Sorcerer

+2 Attack/Defense if within 7 clear sight spaces of any enemy Sorcerer who doesn't follow Aquilla.

Taeblewalker July 27th, 2021 11:35 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I believe "Mage" was the name that the show had for her enemies. Are there any existing Sorcerers in Scape? I know we have Wizards, Battlemages and Archmages, as well as Arachnomancers.

Edit: Upon looking, I see that Kurrok is a Sorcerer.

Tornado July 28th, 2021 12:11 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Sorcerers and Wizards?
What are the elven mages?

Taeblewalker July 28th, 2021 12:31 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
The Elven magic-users are called Wizards, except for Sonlen, who is an Archmage. Sharwin Wildborn is a Battlemage and Erevan Sunshadow is a Wizard. Pelloth and Estivara are Arachnomancers. Ana Karithon is a Cleric. Kurrok is a Sorcerer. There are no Mages.

Tornado July 28th, 2021 08:11 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Cool. I like Wizard and Sorcerer then for a bonus.

Confred July 28th, 2021 12:04 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
I'm actually ok with her referencing classes that don't exist yet in scape.

If source uses Mage, then Mage we should use

Tornado July 28th, 2021 12:32 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
So a power that does nothing?
That is weirdly up my alley.
I guess she should be a Mage then as well?

Looks like both Fandom and Wikipedia describe her as a Sorceresses and the enemy mages as Wizards.

Confred July 28th, 2021 01:41 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2474769)
So a power that does nothing?
That is weirdly up my alley.
I guess she should be a Mage then as well?

Looks like both Fandom and Wikipedia describe her as a Sorceresses and the enemy mages as Wizards.

Heroscape draws lines by naming similar classes differently. Custom designs play with this.

I think she should be Sorceress.

POWER, v1
If Ariel is within 7 clear sight spaces of an opponent's Mage, add 2 to her Attack and Defense values unless she is within 7 clear sight spaces of an opponent's Archmage, then she adds 1 to each.
POWER, v2
Ariel adds 2 to her Attack and Defense values if she is within 7 clear sight spaces of an opponent's Mage, add 1 instead if she's within 7 clear sight spaces of an opponent's Archmage.

This way she's at least stronger against one existing card, but way is written is thematically tied to Mage implied from her own series

Confred August 1st, 2021 03:01 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Tabletop Simulator link up for playtesting
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2563363243

Tornado August 1st, 2021 03:05 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Can someone confirm the use of Mage instead of Wizard?
Everything I have found uses Wizard for the bad guys.

Confred August 4th, 2021 12:14 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2475212)
Can someone confirm the use of Mage instead of Wizard?
Everything I have found uses Wizard for the bad guys.

I have no sources and am fine with switching to Wizards

SirGalahad August 4th, 2021 03:05 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Agreed

Tornado August 4th, 2021 04:06 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Cool

Taeblewalker August 5th, 2021 01:05 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread
 
Wizards it is!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.