Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Stilt-Man (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47196)

SirGalahad December 7th, 2012 08:40 AM

The Book of Stilt-Man

The Book of Stilt-Man

C3G MARVEL WAVE 17
ANTAGONISTS ASSEMBLE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #095 / Stilt-Man.
Character Bio - Wilbur Day stole the hydraulic ram technology from his company to develop his battle suit. Given his lack of success against Daredevil and others, he probably should have stayed out of the crime business.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Stilt-Man is a single-based figure.
  • Q: In "The Harder They Fall," who gets to choose the direction Stilt-Man falls in?
  • A: The player who controls Stilt-Man.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Criminal

SirGalahad December 7th, 2012 08:47 AM

Re: Stilt-Man - Design Phase

NAME = STILT-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = WILBUR DAY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 12

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 150

HIGH STEPPING
When counting spaces for Stilt-Man's movement, elevation changes up to 8 levels count as one space. You may ignore Stilt-Man's height of 12 when climbing. Stilt-Man may step over water without stopping, step over figures smaller than huge without becoming engaged, and step over obstacles with a height of 8 or less.

THE BIGGER THEY ARE . . .
Stilt-Man is always considered to have height advantage over non-flying figures that have height less than 12.

. . . THE HARDER THEY FALL
When Stilt-Man is destroyed, before removing him from the battlefield, choose 4 spaces in a straight line from Stilt-Man. Roll an unblockable attack die against each figure on the chosen spaces.

SUPER STRENGTH

IAmBatman December 7th, 2012 10:19 AM

I like it! :-) The only addition I could see making would be a special movement power that helps him move over terrain to a certain height more easily (which height would depend on the height of the sculpt).

I could see riffing on Plastic Man's Bounce and Stretch:

When counting spaces for Plastic Man's movement, ignore elevations. Plastic Man may Bounce-n-Stretch over water without stopping, Bounce-n-Stretch over figures without becoming engaged, and Bounce-n-Stretch over obstacles such as ruins. When Plastic Man starts to Bounce-n-Stretch, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After moving, if Plastic Man does not attack this turn, he may Bounce-n-Stretch 4 additional spaces.

We could change the name to something like High Stepping or Stilt Walker and basically let him ignore elevations and obstacles up to a certain height. For instance, it'd make sense for him to be able to step over a Medium 5 figure, or a Car DO, but it might or might not make sense for him to be able to step over the Giant Evergreen Tree. Not sure I'd want everything in Plastic Man's power, just the ability to move over certain things easily. In fact, it should probably be part of Stilt-Man's normal movement as well, instead of a special movement.

Also, for The Bigger They Are, I think I might like it better if he compared his height to the attacking or defending figure instead of comparing the height of his base. That way the theme would still come across, but he wouldn't suddenly get height advantage on Galactus or Anti-Monitor all the time. :-)

Just some thoughts! I really like what you have here.

johnny139 December 7th, 2012 10:38 AM

Is Criminal supposed to be his Personality? That seems like a bad idea.

I'm not sure if he needs 5 Life. I wouldn't go above 4.

I'd be fine either way on the special movement issue; it wouldn't hurt but I like the relatively simplicity here.

IAmBatman December 7th, 2012 05:39 PM

Yeah, I was a bit torn, as I like the simplicity too, but his not being able to step over things seems .... wrong.

A3n December 7th, 2012 06:27 PM

I'm with Bat's he does need the ability to step over things. Otherwise good design. :up:

Lord Pyre December 7th, 2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1726579)
I'm with Bat's he does need the ability to step over things. Otherwise good design. :up:

This. Maybe even just Exert Climbing would be fine. And maybe 4 life, he's always been a joke villain, don't want him too powerful.

IAmBatman December 7th, 2012 06:36 PM

Here's what I'm thinking:

HIGH STEPPING or GIANT STRIDE
When counting spaces for Stilt-Man's movement, elevation changes up to X levels count as one space. You may ignore Stilt-Man's height of Y when climbing. Stilt-Man may walk over water without stopping, step over figures smaller than Huge without becoming engaged, and step over obstacles with a height of X or less.

X = his height from about the knee down
Y = his full height

SirGalahad December 7th, 2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1726339)
Is Criminal supposed to be his Personality? That seems like a bad idea.

I'm not sure if he needs 5 Life. I wouldn't go above 4.

I'd be fine either way on the special movement issue; it wouldn't hurt but I like the relatively simplicity here.

Nope on Personality, I was torn between Criminal and Inventor for his Class and evidently the Personality got deleted.

The 5 life was to represent that he's essentially encased in a robotic suit. I'd be OK with 4 Life if that's a consensus.

A movement power is in order. I'll whip up something later, but keep dem juices flowing

Hahma December 7th, 2012 06:53 PM

Looks cool Sir G.

I may have only seen him once, so I don't know him too much. I understand the move power thoughts, but is he really that mobile on those stilts? I mean, should he be moving around nimbly? Giant Man just has a basic move.

IAmBatman December 7th, 2012 07:05 PM

I don't know about nimbly - I just want him to be able to step over things due to what should be a huge stride.

What do you think of what I suggested above?

Hahma December 7th, 2012 07:24 PM

Well if there's a move power, that seems pretty cool :)