Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Batroc the Leaper (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=40099)

Hahma March 18th, 2012 06:59 PM

The Book of Batroc the Leaper

The Book of Batroc the Leaper

C3G MARVEL WAVE 17
ANTAGONISTS ASSEMBLE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Captain America set.
Its model number and name are #028 / Batroc.
Character Bio - Georges Batroc trained himself in savate, a French form of foot-boxing, while in the Foreign Legion. He left the Legion, and began to sell his services to the highest bidder. He first battled Captain America when he was hired by Hydra to steal the Inferno 42 cylinder. He was defeated by Captain America but soon after lured Captain America into a rematch when he kidnapped Sharon Carter.

He sometimes works by himself, and sometimes employs helpers referred to as Batroc's Brigade. The first Batroc's Brigade were the Swordsman and the Living Laser, hired by an undisclosed power to locate and obtain the "seismo-bomb". The second Batroc's Brigade consisted of Batroc, the Porcupine, and Whirlwind, hired by the Red Skull to attack Captain America.

Other Batroc's Brigades were composed of various common thugs. The most recent Batroc's Brigade were Batroc, Zaran, and Machete, formed by Batroc to steal Captain America's shield. It appeared for some time that Batroc was beginning to develop a conscience and seemed on the verge of renouncing his criminal career; however, his most recent battle against Captain America has seen him firmly back in his amoral career, and deadlier than ever. Marvel comic Database

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Stealth Leap wording update

Hahma March 18th, 2012 07:01 PM

Re: The Book of Batroc the Leaper - Design Phase

NAME = BATROC THE LEAPER
SECRET IDENTITY = GEORGES BATROC

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 130

LEAPING KICK
If Batroc The Leaper moved with his Stealth Leap special power and attacks a figure he was not adjacent to at the beginning of his turn, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

SAVATE DEFENSE
When Batroc The Leaper rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, two or more shields will block all damage. If he rolls three or more shields, you may immediately move Batroc The Leaper with his Stealth Leap special power.

STEALTH LEAP 10
Instead of his normal move, Batroc The Leaper may move up to 3 spaces with Stealth Leap. When moving with Stealth Leap, Batroc The Leaper has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 10 levels in a single leap, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks when he starts to leap.

A3n March 18th, 2012 07:05 PM

Is that really what he is called, "BATROC THE LEAPER"?

I don't know the guy everything else seems ok.

Hahma March 18th, 2012 07:08 PM

Well we can probably get away with just Batroc and I will likely change it to that after breathing period.

tcglkn March 18th, 2012 07:36 PM

I like it as Batroc the Leaper.

The Defense power says Stealth Leap 4 instead of 10.

Solid design Hahma.

Hahma March 18th, 2012 07:40 PM

Thanks Tickle, nice catch. I had it originally as Stealth Leap 4 but upon further research found he can leap 10+feet, so I figured I'd bump it to 10 and changed all the numbers in that power but forgot about changing it in the defense :oops:

Well can can have a poll I guess to see what people prefer regarding the name.

A. Batroc The Leaper

B. Batroc

Griffin March 18th, 2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

SAVATE DEFENSE
When Batroc The Leaper rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, two shields will block all damage. If he rolls three or more shields, you may immediately move Batroc The Leaper with his Stealth Leap 10 special power.
To be clear, three shields against a normal adjacent attack lets him block all damage and then also Leap? right? That second sentence doesn't seem connected enough to the first sentence's stipulations or "blocking" affect.

IAmBatman March 18th, 2012 08:33 PM

What does "Savate" mean? Did you mean Savant?

I'd be awesome if for his leaping kick power we could somehow specify that he has to use the Stealth Leap power to trigger the auto skull. Not sure if it'd make enough of a difference for the extra wording or not, though.

Hahma March 18th, 2012 08:51 PM

From Marvel Comic Database

Quote:

Powers

Batroc has no superhuman powers, but he is one of the most formidable unarmed combatants in the world. He has mastered numerous martial arts and is perhaps the world's leading master of savate, the French art of foot-fighting. He is an accomplished thief and smuggler with extensive military training. He currently carries a pair of whip-canes, which he uses with great skill.

Abilities

Batroc is a master in Savate, the French art of foot fighting, as well as kickboxing and many other martial arts disciplines.

Strength level

Batroc is an Olympic level weightlifter and is capable of lifting about 500 lbs.
A little background from Wiki:

Quote:

Georges Batroc was born in Marseille, France, and served in the French Foreign Legion. He is a French costumed mercenary who specializes in savate (also known as "La Boxe Française"), a form of kickboxing. Although he has primarily appeared in the pages of Captain America, he has also faced off against the Punisher, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, and Gambit. Batroc has occasionally led his own team, "Batroc's Brigade", whose membership has changed over time. The group has primarily fought Captain America.

Hahma March 18th, 2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1579778)
Quote:

SAVATE DEFENSE
When Batroc The Leaper rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, two shields will block all damage. If he rolls three or more shields, you may immediately move Batroc The Leaper with his Stealth Leap 10 special power.
To be clear, three shields against a normal adjacent attack lets him block all damage and then also Leap? right? That second sentence doesn't seem connected enough to the first sentence's stipulations or "blocking" affect.

Yes, three shields will block all damage and he can use the Leap.

Is this any better? Not sure about the "but" connector. Could the comma be enough between "damage" and "three"?

Quote:

SAVATE DEFENSE
When Batroc The Leaper rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, two shields will block all damage,. If he rolls but three or more shields will block all damage and you may immediately move Batroc The Leaper with his Stealth Leap 10 special power.
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1579802)
What does "Savate" mean? Did you mean Savant?

I'd be awesome if for his leaping kick power we could somehow specify that he has to use the Stealth Leap power to trigger the auto skull. Not sure if it'd make enough of a difference for the extra wording or not, though.

I posted some info in previous post about Savate. It's a French form of kickboxing.

Would this be something like you meant Bats? I would be against it retaining the need for the figure to be at least 2 spaces away for this to work only for Stealth Leap because then he could only use it on rare occasions and it would kind of suck considering it's kind of his main deal.:)

Quote:

LEAPING KICK
If Batroc The Leaper attacks a figure after moving with his Stealth Leap 10 special power that was at least 2 spaces away before Batroc The Leaper moved this turn, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
Cleaned up version:

LEAPING KICK
If Batroc The Leaper attacks a figure after moving with his Stealth Leap 10 special power, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

tcglkn March 18th, 2012 09:07 PM

Well clearly I prefer Batroc the Leaper as I voiced that a bit ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1579768)
SAVATE DEFENSE
When Batroc The Leaper rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, two or more shields will block all damage. If he rolls three or more shields, you may immediately move Batroc The Leaper with his Stealth Leap 10 special power.

I think that is all you need to add to make this power work as intended.

Hahma March 18th, 2012 09:12 PM

Thanks Tickle, I don't know where I left my brain. That looks like a winner to me :D