Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Iron Man (Mark III) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=36743)

Griffin June 26th, 2011 02:29 AM

The Book of Iron Man (Mark III)

The Book of Iron Man (Mark III)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 9
HOMELAND SECURITY

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Universe set.
Its model number and name are #058-060 / Iron Man.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Xplosion set.
Its model number and name are #076-078 / Iron Man.
Character Bio - Challenged by a mysterious villain calling himself Dollman, Iron Man (Tony Stark) was dominated by his foe because of his previous gold MK II suit. Dollman had created a replica doll of the golden suit known as the Golden Avenger, and was able to control, manipulate, and harm Iron Man. So Tony began working on a much lighter and comprehensive suit that would not require him to use as much of his own strength to pilot the suit as its predecessors had. This ultimately allowed Iron Man to defeat Dollman. The new suit was much faster, had better flight capabilities, and also housed repulsor rays that allowed him to trap targeted objects or enemies in an electromagnetic ray that could be used to throw and damage the target of his choosing. Also beneath the suit was a new computer interface that could sense body movement and even detect brainwaves and translate them into commands for the suit. This new suit also came with a fresh new look, sporting a hot-rod red and canary yellow, but most importantly the suit was designed to power Tony Stark's heart with a new energy that would prolong his life and heal him of his previous injury.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Human, Iron Man has these Human Synergies.
  • As a Protector, Iron Man has these Protector Synergies.
  • As a Tony Stark that is not an Engineer, Iron Man may be drafted into the same army as Iron Man Mk V and activated by his Slave Circuit special power. If he is drafted alongside Iron Man Mk V, he will gain the species of Android and these Android Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Griff
  • Second playtest: Marv_Art
  • Third playtest: Margloth
  • Art by tcglkn (Originally by Good Pig)

Griffin June 26th, 2011 02:29 AM

Re: The Book of Iron Man MK III

NAME = IRON MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = TONY STARK

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 220

REPULSOR RAY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
If Iron Man inflicts one or more wounds on a small or medium figure with this special attack, you may choose up to 3 empty spaces in a straight line from the defending figure and place that figure on any of the chosen spaces. A figure moved by this special attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks and cannot be placed closer to Iron Man than its original placement. A figure moved by this special attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.

CIRCUITRY REROUTE 11
When Iron Man receives enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing Iron Man from the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, ignore any wounds. After using the Circuitry Reroute special power, Iron Man may not use any special power on this card for the remainder of the game.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

IAmBatman June 26th, 2011 04:04 PM

Well you know I like it. :-D Seriously, though - thanks to Hahma for the basics of Circuitry Reroute - I think it has the potential to really be one of my favorite powers.

Griffin June 26th, 2011 05:00 PM

Yeah, all I did to this write up is clean up some wording and work with you on the SA. Oh yeah, and I chose a figure. Other than that, I am just going through the motions here. :lol:

Spidey'tilIDie June 26th, 2011 07:17 PM

That figure is HUGE, have you seen it in-hand? I am not sure of a suggestion, but let me look.

Good Pig June 26th, 2011 09:44 PM

Design looks great.

I love Circuitry Reroute as well. It is perfect for Iron Man and I wouldn't mind seeing it on more than one version of him either. :)

IAmBatman June 26th, 2011 09:47 PM

Heh ... we had so many ideas for Iron Man that we've got five write ups for him (not including Stealth Suit and Hulkbuster) without using any powers twice (though his Repulsors do have variations).

Good Pig June 26th, 2011 09:57 PM

All of those powers being more fun than Double Attack too. :)

IAmBatman June 26th, 2011 10:11 PM

That's the idea. :-) Simple powers can be fun, though, of course ... but I dig a bit of thematic flair and variety myself.

tcglkn June 26th, 2011 10:21 PM

Very nice design, and Spidey MK I and II are pretty large minis as well so I'm sure this one will pass.

Griffin June 26th, 2011 11:18 PM

Spidey, before choosing a figure, be sure to look at the Iron Man Faction thread to see what minis we are planning on using.

Personally I am OK with the size of this mini that is still smaller than Dum Dum Dugan. But I do appreciate the interest in this detail now and not at the end of the design. :D

IAmBatman June 27th, 2011 11:02 AM

If it's smaller than Dum Dum, I'm not seeing a problem either.