Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Jean Grey (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27880)

IAmBatman December 4th, 2009 03:54 PM

The Book of Jean Grey

The Book of Jean Grey

C3G MARVEL WAVE 1
RISE OF THE MUTANTS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Universe set.
Its model number and name are #073-075 / Jean Grey.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Infinity Challenge set.
Its model number and name are #049-051, 165 / Jean Grey.

Character Bio - Possibly Professor X's most beloved of all of his X-Men, Jean Grey has shared her most intimate thoughts and life experiances with her dear professor. Like Professor X, Jean Grey has Mutant DNA that allow her to utilize the power of Telepathy. Although her Telepathy has been partially restricted with mental blocks by the Professor, Jean has also learned to control her inner ability of Telekinesis. What Jean can do, is still not as important as who she is. Jean is the most loving and compassionate of the X-Men. She was brought into the X Mansion at a very young age, and has encountered hundreds of different people with special needs and powers over the years, but her most important encounter was with that of her husband Scott Summers, also known as Cyclops.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • When Jean Grey rolls a 20-sided die for either Telekinesis 12 and Psionic Grip 12, she adds 1 to her roll for each Telepath adjacent to her. Current Telepaths.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

IAmBatman December 5th, 2009 05:36 PM

Re: Jean Grey C3G X-Men Master Set

NAME = JEAN GREY

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = MERCIFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

TELEKINESIS 12

After moving and before attacking, you may choose either Jean Grey or a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Jean Grey. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control adjacent to Jean Grey. If you roll 12 or higher, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. After the figure is placed, you may roll the 20-sided die for damage. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. Chosen figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

PSIONIC GRIP 12
Any time an opponent would begin the movement of Jean Grey or a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Jean Grey, you may first roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control adjacent to Jean Grey. If you roll 12 or higher, the figure may not be moved.

SUPER STRENGTH

Obviously we're waiting on Dark Phoenix for now, so I'm moving that into a spoiler.
What are our thoughts on cost here? Do we like where the powers are at? We need a comic picture as well before we can move to playtesting with this one.

Griffin December 7th, 2009 06:02 PM

Everything is in the first post, so this post wasn't necessary any longer.

IAmBatman December 7th, 2009 06:46 PM

All right - how are we feeling about the power selections, stats, points, and left box here, folks?
We also need to get some comic art up for her.

Griffin December 7th, 2009 07:43 PM

Not sure what I was thinking on some of these, but Jean 5 is my favorite based on Bats clear approval and rightyness.
Jean 1
Jean 2
Jean 3
Jean 4
Jean 5
Jean 6
Jean 7

IAmBatman December 7th, 2009 08:32 PM

Number 7 is no go for me.
After that, here's my rankings:

Really, though, #5 is the clear cut best for me there.

Griffin December 7th, 2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 969445)
Number 7 is no go for me.
After that, here's my rankings:

Really, though, #5 is the clear cut best for me there.

I think you are right actually.. surprise there.:p I am good with 5 as the best option. Looking forward to some other input though.

IAmBatman December 7th, 2009 09:06 PM

It's big, it's colorful, the costume is right, the pose really captures what we're going for in terms of powers, and there's no distracting background.

Balantai December 14th, 2009 04:51 PM

Where do we stand with Jean Grey?

Griffin December 14th, 2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 973697)
Where do we stand with Jean Grey?

I think that if we leave off the "Phoenix" portion for now, we could move "Jean" over to the Play test phase. :2cents:

Spidey'tilIDie December 14th, 2009 06:22 PM

Ask yourself this question, can you see room for a more powerful combination telepath/telekinetic? If the answer is yes, then she probably isn't ready yet. If the answer is no, then she is ready to move to playtesting.

Griffin December 14th, 2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 973788)
Ask yourself this question, can you see room for a more powerful combination telepath/telekinetic? If the answer is yes, then she probably isn't ready yet. If the answer is no, then she is ready to move to playtesting.

I don't think the question is "can I see room for a more powerful telepath/telekinetic?", because it would obviously be yes. Just like I could see a more powerful Thanos, Superman, Hulk, Magneto, etc... For me, the question is "should we make her a more powerful telepath/telekinetic?" and on that, I am not sure. I figure that we could adjust those D20 powers in the playtesting.

So really what we should be asking is, "do we like these two powers and stats as icon representations of this character?" for me it is yes.:D