Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   April/May New England Tournament Interest Check (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55544)

Neo February 10th, 2019 01:14 AM

April/May New England Tournament Interest Check

It's been way to long since I've played Heroscape. The clear solution is to run a tournament in April.

Where: Northwest Mass, will be determined when there's a date.

This thread is to gauge interest, and take any ideas or preferences about the format. The tentative plan is for a traditional 400-600 point 24 hex Swiss style tournament but if there are other ideas, I'm completely open to them. I plan on allowing both Marvel and C3V/SoV, but will change that if anyone has a strong preference against allowing them.

Do people have any thoughts about prizes? The standard used to be bring a prize get a prize, and I think it'd be cool to do that, but allow C3V/SoV prizes so it's not super expensive.

I Rolled a 20 for Emirroon! It's too bad New England Heroscape players aren't elves.
Spoiler Alert!

itsbuzzi February 10th, 2019 12:41 PM

Re: April/May New England Tournament Interest Check

Hey, before I vote I just wanted to check where this event would take place. I am all for going but if it's too far I may not be able to make it otherwise i'm fairly free most weekends.

I'm cool with allowing C3V/SoV as that's what I do at my events but I haven't seen an event nor hosted one that allowed Marvel. I just didn't because the power levels may be too high but I haven't tested with that.

Other than that I'm good with any day, any prize, and any format the rest sounds good to me.

Neo February 10th, 2019 01:41 PM

Sorry, I was so busy with mentions that I forgot to say where it was! It would be in NW Mass but I'm not gonna reserve a location without a date and rough idea of how many people to expect.

I'm happy to disallow marvel.

itsbuzzi February 10th, 2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo (Post 2253596)
Sorry, I was so busy with mentions that I forgot to say where it was! It would be in NW Mass but I'm not gonna reserve a location without a date and rough idea of how many people to expect.

I'm happy to disallow marvel.

MA is probabaly a good location for all people as I know some are from NH some in NY so that location sounds about the midpoint. I can make a drive there most likely.

Neo February 10th, 2019 10:20 PM

Yeah, I loved going to tournaments when I was younger and all of the well attended New England events were either in MA or in another state but really close to the MA border.

itsbuzzi February 10th, 2019 10:24 PM

I've hosted a few in RI

At time of poll I also didn't know my availability in May so I voted for nothing in May.

Cleon February 17th, 2019 07:44 AM

Northwest Mass is super close to where I am so I'm likely to attend.

Missed the last two due to work/car issues, but I'll be more on top of things this time around. Been itching to play.

farkenshmore March 4th, 2019 10:14 PM

Can probabaly do april 28th, may 4th, or may 11th. never done a tourney before. would prefer no customs or marvel. super siked!!