Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Scapers Online (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Orphanage - (Mostly) Free Figure Exchange (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39891)

Grison March 6th, 2012 05:14 PM

The Orphanage - (Mostly) Free Figure Exchange
 
Based on the positive response to the House of Cards, Here's an attempt to set up the same thing for orphaned/unwanted figures.

The Premise:
  • Many 'scapers have orphaned figures -- typically members of incomplete squads -- they don't need.
  • Those same 'scapers are missing some individual squad figures, too.
  • It's hard to find exact matches between two people, where each has the specific orphans the other needs.
  • 'Scapers are honorable and like to pay it forward.
  • Free is good.*
The Plan:
(open to suggestions and revision!)
1. Each participant creates a post listing spare orphans or other figures that they are willing to give away for free*, as well as other orphans that they would like to receive.
  • Be specific about the sculpts. Ideally include an image, even if it's just a stock photo where you say "the fig on the left."
  • Since we are dealing with orphans, I suggest that the default assumption be "army card not included." If you want to give the card away, too, feel free.
* By popular demand, you can also list orphans that you would prefer to trade, as opposed to giving them away for free. Please mark such items clearly (e.g., "trade only") and only do this for orphaned squad figures. (There's already a dedicated thread for general trade items.)
2. To accept one or more orphans, simply...
a. Create your post as in #1 above.

b. Send a PM to another participant, requesting one or more orphans they have offered and providing your shipping address.

c. Ideally, also look at the "wanted" portion of others' posts, and proactively offer to send other participants your matching orphans.
3. All parties update their respective posts, noting how many orphans they have successfully given away and received. (Optionally, list the specific transfers.)
Shipping Costs:
Unlike the House of Cards, in this case sending figures will typically cost at least $2-3. Thus, I suggest that the recipient offer to pay for shipping. If some folks want to be especially generous and send orphans for free, that's great -- but I don't think it's fair to expect it of everyone.
Other Suggestions:
  • Ideally, folks would seek to keep their trades generous. In other words, don't offer a single Grok Rider orphan, while asking folks to send you their free 3/4 squad of Sacred Band, 2/3 Armocs, etc. At the same time, please do offer up those orphaned Armocs!
  • Unless otherwise noted in your post, figures should be in decent condition. (They need not be mint, but they shouldn't be mangled, missing the base, etc.)
  • While the main purpose of this thread isn't to find direct trades, those are fine too if you happen to want each other's orphans.
~ Grison

Grison March 6th, 2012 05:20 PM

Grison's Orphans - Updated 3/11/2019
 
22 Figures Given
3 Figures Received

Orphans Available:
(13 different figures)


https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3/2/drone1.gif Drone1
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3/2/drone2.gifDrone2
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...2/aubrien1.gifAubrien1
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...2/aubrien3.gifAubrien3
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit.../2/sacred1.gifSacred1
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit.../2/sacred3.gifSacred3 (2 copies)

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit.../3/2/onyx3.gifOnyx3
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...2/macdirk1.gifMacdirk1
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...2/macdirk2.gifMacdirk2
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit.../2/sentnl1.gifSentinel1
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit.../2/sentnl2.gifSentinel2
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...2/romarch2.gifRomanArcher2
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...2/romarch3.gifRomanArcher3


Orphans Wanted:

Opposite sculpts to complete any of the orphan squads above (completed squads will be donated to new 'scapers)

Knights of Weston - any mix of sculpts; any quantity


Also wanted...

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3/2/izumi2.gifIzumi2
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3/2/ninja2.gifNinja2

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3/2/gtron1.gifGrton1
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3/2/gtron3.gifGtron3
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...2/4thmass4.gif4thmass4
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3/2/goril1.gifGoril1


Adoption History:
(most recent first)
Spoiler Alert!

akden March 6th, 2012 07:17 PM

Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange
 
Here's my contribution to the St. Grison Home for Wayward Figures :D

For the most part, I'm happy to "pay it forward," but I'd prefer to trade the ones in bold.

8 Figures Given
5 Figures Received

Orphans Available:
Spoiler Alert!


Orphans Wanted:
Spoiler Alert!


Adoption History:
Spoiler Alert!

'Scaper94 March 6th, 2012 08:17 PM

Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange
 
0 Figures Given
0 Figures Received

Orphans Available:

Spoiler Alert!


Orphans Wanted:
Spoiler Alert!


Adoption History:
Spoiler Alert!

Grison March 6th, 2012 11:57 PM

Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 (Post 1573196)
Orphans Wanted: ...Gurei-Oni, Wo-Sa-Ga, Sujoah, Zelrig...

:D Good luck with that!

akden March 7th, 2012 10:17 AM

Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange
 
If that works, I'm adding them to my list as well! :D

Rocktroll March 10th, 2012 07:15 PM

Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange
 
Akden I think I have a few of those figures. I was going to chop them off their bases but let me see if I still have them complete.

EDIT

Sorry they got chopped !
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...0930Medium.jpg
I would be happy to rebase them for you and send them out if thats ok.

The romans where a part of lot I recieved. I could always repair one if you wanted it, I would have to create a new weapon for it and paint his shield since his logo is missing but I'd be happy too.



Grison question, Free Orphans only? could one post a list of orphans you would be willing to trade ? I see people avoiding this list if they have stuff like Heavies, Sacred or Aubriens, because they want to trade them instead of give them away.

akden March 10th, 2012 07:46 PM

Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocktroll (Post 1575251)
Akden I think I have a few of those figures. I was going to chop them off their bases but let me see if I still have them complete.

EDIT

Sorry they got chopped !
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...0930Medium.jpg
I would be happy to rebase them for you and send them out if thats ok.

The romans where a part of lot I recieved. I could always repair one if you wanted it, I would have to create a new weapon for it and paint his shield since his logo is missing but I'd be happy too.

Thanks for the offer! I'll send a PM to see if there is anything I can do in return.

ForeverWar March 10th, 2012 08:45 PM

Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocktroll (Post 1575251)
Grison question, Free Orphans only? could one post a list of orphans you would be willing to trade ? I see people avoiding this list if they have stuff like Heavies, Sacred or Aubriens, because they want to trade them instead of give them away.

Opening the thread to trading would be great. I agree that it would result in these harder to find items being listed.

screwDriver March 10th, 2012 10:25 PM

Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange
 
8 Figures Given
2 Figures Received

Orphans Available:
Spoiler Alert!


Orphans Wanted:
Spoiler Alert!


Adoption History:
Spoiler Alert!

Grison March 12th, 2012 01:01 PM

Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverWar (Post 1575312)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocktroll (Post 1575251)
Grison question, Free Orphans only? could one post a list of orphans you would be willing to trade ? I see people avoiding this list if they have stuff like Heavies, Sacred or Aubriens, because they want to trade them instead of give them away.

Opening the thread to trading would be great. I agree that it would result in these harder to find items being listed.

I think that the thread should evolve into whatever people want it to be. :)

The reason I said "free only" originally was to distinguish it from the existing trade thread, and to promote the notion of folks giving away even "high end" orphans if they are willing to do so.

Perhaps one solution would be for the default to be free, and also allow people to also add others that they consider "trade only." Would that make sense?

One issue is that some folks have already listed "free" things here that are not orphans, in the spirit of giving them away -- which is good! I would definitely want to avoid listing non-orphans for trade here, though, because then it would definitely be duplicative with the existing trade thread.

akden March 12th, 2012 03:02 PM

Re: The Orphanage - Free Figure Exchange
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grison (Post 1576053)

One issue is that some folks have already listed "free" things here that are not orphans, in the spirit of giving them away. I would definitely want to avoid listing non-orphans for trade here, because then it would definitely be duplicative with the existing trade thread.

One of the reasons I listed some available figures that might not necessarily be considered "orphans" is because mine are duplicate figures without cards, and they aren't ones that I am looking for in the card swap. These are units that I'm happy to give to a good home.

I do agree that it would be important not to turn this into just another trade thread. :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.