Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Violet Parr (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57134)

MrNobody May 1st, 2020 01:47 AM

Re: The Book of Violet Parr - Breathing

Interestingly, Molly Hayes can get double force field boosts from Violet and Karolina. Don't think it's broken or anything, but Violet/Karolina/Molly/Leech could be fun.

A3n May 1st, 2020 03:44 AM

Just stumbled on this thread as I don't normally see or comment in designs phase figures. Anyway I like the write-up & where the comments are heading you towards. One thing that always struck me as cool in the movies with Violet was her creating a shield around her & Dash & then him speed running them around knocking enemies down. That would be impressive if you could work that into the design somehow. ;)

johnny139 May 1st, 2020 08:36 AM

A few notes:

- A bit presumptive, but I'd really just go with "Dash Parr" for his name and forgo a secret identity. It's a nickname, but when your nickname is just 60% of your first time, I'd say simplify.
- Might be worth going with Partial Invisibility here? It's a minor nerf, but it suits a teenager and it gives Bob a chance to play dad for her.
- I'm not super hot on "Superhumans and Small Enthusiastic Heroes" since it's like... all of her thematic pairings are going to be the first, the second just ropes in vaguely thematic cross-universe allies.

Also, not sure she qualifies as Small 4 when the figure is the same height as her dad's, who's Large 5. :2cents:

IAmBatman May 1st, 2020 08:48 AM

Small 5? :lol:

Lazy Orang May 1st, 2020 08:48 AM

Okay, looking at this card, I am going to push for the Incredibles to be Supers rather than Superhumans.
Why? Well, other than that seemingly being the term used more in universe, I can see Superhuman being fitting for another universe more than I can see Super being, and I wouldn't want us to hamstring ourselves by having this level of synergy attached to a term as generic as Superhuman.

MrNobody May 1st, 2020 09:16 AM

I mean, I can’t speak for the LD, but if the Incredibles end up synergizing with some other “generic brand” pastiche superheroes, I’m totally okay with that. For example, I don’t know if the Sentinels of the Multiverse universe has a specific term for “powered person”, but I think it makes sense for the Incredibles to hang out with someone like that.

Lazy Orang May 1st, 2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2377590)
I mean, I can’t speak for the LD, but if the Incredibles end up synergizing with some other “generic brand” pastiche superheroes, I’m totally okay with that. For example, I don’t know if the Sentinels of the Multiverse universe has a specific term for “powered person”, but I think it makes sense for the Incredibles to hang out with someone like that.

I get that, but +3 defence is a fairly major boost to be casually throwing around there. I'm not sure that getting to something like Sentinels and then having to tone characters down so they're not busted with Violet's defence boost is an ideal situation to be in.

IAmBatman May 1st, 2020 09:36 AM

We voted Sentinels down. Not a problem. :-)

Lazy Orang May 1st, 2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2377597)
We voted Sentinels down. Not a problem. :-)

I thought those votes weren't binding? Are they no for now or no forever? Because if it's no for now, it's still something to think about. And even if it's not Sentinels, I'd be surprised if some other universe didn't use this term.

Lord Pyre May 1st, 2020 09:50 AM

It's a fine write up. I agree with Johnny on "Dash." I get LO's concerns about a big defense booster for possible future designs, not sure how you'd want to go at that. Is Dash going to be small enthusiastic? If not I don't see why she needs that call out.

Otherwise I'm not a huge fan of her being just a lesser Invisible Woman. Pretty derivative. Nothing wrong with it it's just boring. But I don't have much stake in these guys so do what you want.

tcglkn May 1st, 2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2377521)
NAME = Violet Parr

SPECIES = Superhuman
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Student
PERSONALITY = Reluctant

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 0

POINTS = 110

PARTIAL INVISIBILITY
Violet can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If Violet is not engaged with an opponent's figure, she cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or any special powers that require clear sight.

SIBLING RIVALRY
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Violet, if she inflicted one or more wounds on an opponent's figure, you may take a turn with a Dash Parr figure you control.

INCREDIBLE FORCE FIELD 3
All Superhumans and Small Enthusiastic figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Violet add 3 to their defense dice. All other figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Violet add 1 to their defense dice. Incredible Force Field 3 affects Violet.

This is where I am at. I put Small Enthusiastic on there because I wanted here to rope in more figures (Dash is obviously Superhuman), I want Violet to come in around 100 points.

I do like the Partial Invisibility suggestion, didn't know that was a power we had.

Arch-vile May 1st, 2020 11:37 AM

I like those changes. :up:

I agree with Johnny on the mini size. If the Violet mini is the same size as the Mister Incredible mini, one shouldn't be large 5 and the other small 4.