Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Terrain & Obstacles (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Kickstarter for Heroscape-Compatible STL files (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55028)

srmalloy July 31st, 2018 09:53 PM

Kickstarter for Heroscape-Compatible STL files

There is currently a Kickstarter project running, Hyground 3D Printable Tabletop Gaming Terrain, that will deliver STL files for printing interlocking map tiles that will link to Heroscape tiles both horizontally and vertically.

They have a youtube video showing how their tiles interlock with Heroscape tiles.

TalesOfValhallaOfficial July 31st, 2018 10:22 PM

Re: Kickstarter for Heroscape-Compatible STL files

Already a backer for this kickstarter. Jump on board guys and show some support. So many extra goodies coming it is well worth a 15 to 100 dollar pledge.

srmalloy August 1st, 2018 03:15 PM

The design of the lava tiles is innovative, although I wonder whether it would be more useful if you had a multi-filament capable printer to print the crust and insert as a single object. Still, it is more flexible as separate pieces; you can use different colors of filament to have a hotter lava underneath, or water. And with separate sides and caps, you're not using up surface tiles making elevations -- with the Heroscape tiles, a five-high hill has four layers of hidden surface, while the Hyground tiles just have a stack of kex sides. Less material, so you can afford to make more.

flameslayer93 August 2nd, 2018 11:33 AM

I’d be more than happy to back if it weren’t for a lack if 3D printer. Those toys are expensive. :)

But printing new terrain is awesome!

TalesOfValhallaOfficial August 2nd, 2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameslayer93 (Post 2206790)
I’d be more than happy to back if it weren’t for a lack if 3D printer. Those toys are expensive. :)

But printing new terrain is awesome!

understand flameslayer. But they do provide options on the kickstarter page if we do not have a 3d printer. A little bit more on the overall price but well worth it.

Brease August 3rd, 2018 01:18 PM

Thanks so much for posting this and for your support!

Brease August 3rd, 2018 01:21 PM

Just an FYI about 3D printers, You can get a really good printer now for about $200, and you'll have it to use for anything else you want to print.

Brease August 3rd, 2018 01:23 PM

The lava insert tiles can be used for many things like you said. They can be printed in any color or spray painted any color. We even have a way to put lights in the inserts!

TalesOfValhallaOfficial August 4th, 2018 06:35 PM

Its over 9,000!

Astroking112 August 4th, 2018 06:42 PM

I'm in the camp of people without a 3D printer or much desire to get one. Even at $200, I'd rather save the money to use it on something else that I'll personally get more value out of. :shrug:

I do wish the best of luck to the Kickstarter, though. The terrain definitely looks like it would be cool to own.

mcmeeple August 10th, 2018 12:33 PM

Man i really want to back this. Sadly I am still waiting on my stinking KS for a 3D printer! Darn Kodama taking forever.

dukeadam August 14th, 2018 06:10 AM

I backed this without a 3d printer, they are so common nowadays that I will be able to find someone to print it for me for a decent price I guess. Even if not, I am gonna get the files and they are not gonna age or anything, so I can print much more in foreseeable future, as the prices of 3d printers are constantly dropping. Considering how much HS terrain costs nowadays and how awesome these kickstarter maps look, I think it's a nobrainer. What's also important for me, is that they include quite a lot pieces that are not available in HS terrain, like inverse rock crowns, a lot of scatter terrain, caves, springs, walkways, crypts, desert rocks, resin accepting swamp and water tiles, 10 high base tiles, mine entrance, door sets, footbridge, cliff-side walkways, hazard tiles, transition bridge... I don't have a printer so I analyzed it thoroughly and I came to a conclusion that I don't really need to pledge 100$ to get all these marvelous items, as you can build your own pledge for 16$ or more to get all the free stretchgoals, including mine entrance, door sets, footbridge, cliff-side walkways, hazard tiles, transition bridge (Cliff-side walkways!!! they look awesome and think about all the tactical possibilities in map building!!!I would pay only to get those!). So I pledged around 25$ to get a basic swamp set (walkways!!!) and some additional crown tiles and at this point I am waiting to see free .stl files to send for valuation - I might spend much more if I don't have to buy a 3d printer and it still would be cheaper than buying stuff from ebay.

Moreover, I am a hobbyist and all this scatter terrain will be perfect for my other boardgames, wargames and rpg games.

For around 25$ I got elements to build any amount of any HS terrain, all stretchgoals, and HYground swamp set. Oh yes, take my money!