Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Blanka (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53100)

johnny139 June 28th, 2016 08:50 PM

The Book of Blanka

The Book of Blanka

C3G UDON SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 46
STREET FIGHTER

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...anka_comic.png

Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...lanka_mini.png

Mini PDF

The figures used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Street Fighter set.
Its model number and name is #102 / Blanka.

Character Bio - Blanka, the wildman of Brazil, is a beast shrouded in mystery. Once, long ago, he was a boy named Jimmy from a local village, but a plane crash left him stranded alone in the rainforests. Years later he re-emerged, with green skin, orange hair, and new, mysterious electric abilities. Shunned and feared, he has taken to fighting in global tournaments - the one world where he can command respect.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Jungle Leap wording update

Re: The Book of Blanka (Design Phase)

NAME = BLANKA
SECRET IDENTITY = JIMMY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = SAVAGE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

LIGHTNING CANNONBALL SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 1. Attack 3.
Instead of moving and attacking normally, Blanka may move up to 3 spaces in a straight line. During this move, Blanka may move over water without stopping but cannot move up any levels of terrain. After moving, roll 3 attack dice once for all figures adjacent to Blanka. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If a defending figure was not adjacent to Blanka at the start of his turn, each skull rolled counts as an additional hit against that figure.

ELECTRIC SKIN 13
If any figure without the Electrically Charged special power moves adjacent to Blanka, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, that figure receives one wound, and you may roll again for Electric Skin. Figures may be initially targeted only as they move adjacent to Blanka.

JUNGLE LEAP 10
If Blanka ends his normal movement adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, he may move up to 3 spaces with Jungle Leap. When moving with Jungle Leap, Blanka has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 10 levels in a single leap and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Comic Art:

Background:

johnny139 June 28th, 2016 08:52 PM

Hopefully @SirGalahad has a chance to pop in at some point and give his two cents!

Pretty much taken verbatim from SirG's original draft. He can electrify himself - check. He curls himself into a ball and launches at people - check.

My thoughts.

1) Do we want him as a Fighter or a Creature? Both have pros and cons, both are accurate.
2) Human or Mutate? Again, either works.
3) Are we set with those powers as-is, or do we want a third in there? If so, something like Tracking or Jungle Camouflage would be my preference - something to represent his whole "wildman of the Amazon" background.

Viegon June 28th, 2016 09:47 PM

Seems like the wording for Lightning Cannonball could be simplified, but otherwise I think it's really cool. Is there any reason why we couldn't just reuse Electro's Electric Skin here instead of creating Electric Thunder?

Quote:

ELECTRIC SKIN 12
If any figure without the Electrically Charged special power moves adjacent to Electro, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, that figure receives one wound, and you may roll again for Electric Skin. Figures may be initially targeted only as they move adjacent to Electro.
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2098748)
1) Do we want him as a Fighter or a Creature? Both have pros and cons, both are accurate.
2) Human or Mutate? Again, either works.

I don't know the character so I can't really help with either of these. All the options seem fine mechanically though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2098748)
3) Are we set with those powers as-is, or do we want a third in there? If so, something like Tracking or Jungle Camouflage would be my preference - something to represent his whole "wildman of the Amazon" background.

Should he have Electrically Charged himself? If not, what about borrowing Jungle Strength from Zabu?
Quote:

JUNGLE STRENGTH 1
While Zabu is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, he adds 1 die to his attack and defense.

johnny139 June 28th, 2016 10:09 PM

Electric Thunder is from SirG's original draft, and I assume it's to use the name of his attack in-game. That being said, I agree it's pretty much just Electric Skin, which is more or less accurate to Blanka in game. We can either just go with the original or jazz up Electric Thunder to make it different.

He shouldn't have Electrically Charged - he's not made of electricity or always exuding electricity or anything, he just uses it as a weapon, in the same way Ken and Dhalsim use fire.

We could do Jungle Strength but that seems a bit basic to me and would encourage camping, which is pretty un-Blanka - he should be rocketing out of the jungle, not luring people into it.

japes June 28th, 2016 11:03 PM

What about taking a cue form Water Leap...

JUNGLE LEAP
If Blanka ends his normal movement adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, he may Jungle Leap. Jungle Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Jungle Leap, ignore elevations. Blanka may leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Blanka may not leap more than 10 levels up or down in a single leap. When Blanka starts to Jungle Leap, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Viegon June 29th, 2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2098756)
Electric Thunder is from SirG's original draft, and I assume it's to use the name of his attack in-game. That being said, I agree it's pretty much just Electric Skin, which is more or less accurate to Blanka in game. We can either just go with the original or jazz up Electric Thunder to make it different.

My preference would be for reusing here, but it'd be fine with Electric Thunder if we change it up some.

Quote:

He shouldn't have Electrically Charged - he's not made of electricity or always exuding electricity or anything, he just uses it as a weapon, in the same way Ken and Dhalsim use fire.

Alright, that's good enough for me. :up:

Quote:

We could do Jungle Strength but that seems a bit basic to me and would encourage camping, which is pretty un-Blanka - he should be rocketing out of the jungle, not luring people into it.

Hmm, good point. In that case, I like japes' suggestion. Other alternatives would be reusing Vine Swing from Ka-Zar or Jungle Tracking from the Classic 'Scape Quasatch Hunters.

johnny139 June 29th, 2016 09:22 AM

I think I'd probably go with Jungle Leap (great idea, just what I was picturing!) but Jungle Tracking would probably fulfill the same needs and be shorter. Guess it really just depends on card real estate.

Zettian Juggernaut June 29th, 2016 09:52 AM

Don't know the character, but looks like fun. I do agree with V, Electric Thunder could little something else or swapped for Electric Skin.

Tornado June 29th, 2016 10:09 AM

I agree.
Electric Skin or beef up Thunder.
What about making it an auto-wound as long as Blanka is not engaged?
Could be scary with throwers but we could consider wording it for movement only.

Tracking or Jungle Leap look nice.

Tough call on Class and Species. Is there any more info on him?
I think he fits a little better with Creature especially with Leap. They could use a cool static power in their faction.
Luke Cage would love him too, especially with that low cost.

johnny139 June 29th, 2016 10:40 AM

Blanka's origin is pretty vague.

Normal human boy, plane crashes in jungle -> ??? -> Green adult thunder guy, fights in tournaments

:shrug:

I err towards Human Creature.