Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Obfuscatedhippo - Customs from Kai (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49699)

obfuscatedhippo December 25th, 2013 06:00 PM

Obfuscatedhippo - Customs from Kai

Editing this thread to be a "My Customs" thread.

Reaper Bones customs:
Spoiler Alert!

Feedback welcome.

Lazy Orang December 26th, 2013 01:22 PM

Re: Reaper Bones - Customs from Kai

Pretty cool customs - I like 'em! :)

Dr.Goomonkey December 28th, 2013 02:23 PM

I like all I see, looking forward to seeing more! :D I find Xavier's stats kind of funny, but I think it works haha.

ZBeeblebrox December 29th, 2013 12:40 AM

Nice ideas here. Great job

obfuscatedhippo December 29th, 2013 03:23 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey (Post 1897641)
I like all I see, looking forward to seeing more! :D I find Xavier's stats kind of funny, but I think it works haha.

Yeah, the "All 4's" is sort of odd. He was 4 Range, 4 Move, 3 Attack, 5 Defense during my first draft .. but then I thought he was too tough to take down.

Xavier is a fun figure though. He's pretty awesome with Knights of Weston .. giving them 6 attacks per OM like Grimnak + Gruts.

ARMY IDEA:
Xavier Lawson ... 125
Sir Gilbert ... 230
Knights of Weston x3 ... 440
Eldgrim ... 470
Guilty McCreech ... 500

Dr.Goomonkey December 29th, 2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo (Post 1897925)
Xavier is a fun figure though. He's pretty awesome with Knights of Weston .. giving them 6 attacks per OM like Grimnak + Gruts.

ARMY IDEA:
Xavier Lawson ... 125
Sir Gilbert ... 230
Knights of Weston x3 ... 440
Eldgrim ... 470
Guilty McCreech ... 500

Sounds a lot like the army I'm using in a tournament right now, using MacDirk as my main Champion for Weston though.

Definitely a fun, thematic, and competitive army.

obfuscatedhippo February 13th, 2014 09:18 PM

Here is another Reaper Bones custom that I am working on for Heroscape.

Figures: Reaper Bones - Hellhound (painted for snow/ice instead)

Unit Name: FROSTWOLF OF TORIL
General: JANDAR
Species: Elemental
Type: Common Hero
Class: Hunter
Personality: Wild
Size: MEDIUM 4

Stats
Life: 1
Move: 7
Range: 4
Attack: 3
Defense: 5

Special Powers
SHROUD OF SNOW & ICE
All land spaces adjacent to Frostwolf are considered to be normal snow spaces and all water spaces are considered to be normal ice. If Frostwolf is on a snow or ice space, when it is your opponent’s turn, any normal ice or normal snow spaces adjacent to Frostwolf are considered slippery ice or heavy snow.

GLACIAL ACCELERATION
All rock outcroppings adjacent to Frostwolf are considered Glacier Mountains. Figures adjacent to Frostwolf are considered to be adjacent to a Glacier Mountain.

CONJURED COMPANION
After taking a turn with this Frostwolf, you may take a turn with a Dauntless Unique Hero or a Wild Hunter squad that follows Jandar.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/...lfYetiIce1.jpg

IshMEL February 13th, 2014 10:15 PM

Looks cool! :)

obfuscatedhippo February 14th, 2014 02:43 AM

While not a Reaper Bones figure ... I thought I would add this Repaint custom (by Orgsbane) to this thread. It continues the "Tundra" theme that I have been working on.

GALD'RABOK
General: UTGAR
Species: Demon
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Savage
Personality: Dauntless
Size: LARGE 7

Stats
Life: 5
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

Special Powers
ICE STORM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 5 Attack: 3
Chose a figure to attack or chose Gald'rabok. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Ice Storm Special Attack. Gald'rabok only needs clear sight at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Gald'rabok cannot be affected by his own Ice Storm Special Attack.

GLACIAL HEALING
After taking a turn with Gald'rabok, if he is on at least one snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacier Mountain, remove 1 wound marker from this Army Card.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/...evilresize.png

obfuscatedhippo April 14th, 2014 04:22 PM

Re: Obfuscatedhippo - Customs from Kai

Hey Heroscapers. I am working on two customs for the Utgar faction and I would love some feedback from the community. Basically the goal is to have the Common Hero "Guards" from Utgar have a Hero that coordinates them into a pseudo-squad like Kurrok does for the Elementals. That hero is below, along with a new Common Hero Guard to join their ranks. That Common Hero can also stand alone to support Deathwalkers and Wardens.

Feedback appreciated.

Unit Name: Commander Kaelex

General: Utgar
Planet: Magridorax

Species: Magrodon
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Warden
Personality: Merciless
Size: Medium 5

Stats
Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 7
Defense: 4

Special Powers
GUARD PATROL BONDING
After revealing an order marker on Commander Kaelex, instead of taking a turn with him, you may take a turn with 3 common Guard heroes you control that follow Utgar. Any guard heroes taking a turn must be within clear sight of Commander Kaelex or adjacent to a Unique Hero that follows Utgar before moving.

DEADMAN'S SWITCH
If Commander Kaelex receives enough wounds to destroyed, roll 3 attack dice. One at a time for each skull rolled, you may inflict one wound on any figure that is adjacent to Commander Kaelex or to one guard you control that follows Utgar. If a guard you control is destroyed with Deadman's Switch then choose 1 figure adjacent to that guard to receive 1 wound. A figure cannot receive more than 1 wound from Deadman's Switch. After using Deadman's Switch, remove Commander Kaelex from the battlefield.

Synergies:
Utgar Common Hero guards: Drow Chainfighter, Dumetef Guard, and Alpha-Prime Enforcer (below)

Figure:
GEARS OF WAR HEROCLIX GENERAL RAAM 009 (about $6.00)

Unit Name: Alpha-Prime Enforcer
General: Utgar
Planet: Isadora

Species: Soulborg
Type: Common Hero
Class: Guard
Personality: Fearless
Size: Medium 5

Stats
Life: 1
Move: 5
Range: 1
Defense: 5

Special Powers
SECURITY DETAIL
After revealing an order marker on a unique Guard squad, or unique Deathwalker or Warden hero you control that follows Utgar, after taking a turn with that unit, you may take a turn with two Alpha-Prime Enforcers you control.

POWER-AXE
When an Alpha-Prime Enforcer attacks a figure that has a Special Attack, add 1 attack die.

Synergies:
Unique Utgar Guard squad: Zettian Guards
Unique Utgar Deathwalkers: 9000, 8000, 7000
Unique Utgar Wardens: Warden-816, Commander Kaelex (above)

Notes - does not bond with Deathcommander Mk3

Figure: Heroclix Persuader (about $1.00)

IshMEL April 14th, 2014 08:18 PM

Hey Kai,

The first figure looks very cool. I've eyed some of those Gears of War figures. He looks like he'll fit right in with Utgar.

Some wording thoughts:

GUARD PATROL BONDING
After revealing an order marker on Commander Kaelex, instead of taking a turn with him, you may take a turn with 3 common Guard heroes you control that follow Utgar. Any guard heroes taking a turn must be within [X] clear sight spaces of Commander Kaelex [or adjacent to a Unique Hero that follows Utgar] before moving.

I think you're missing a number for the range there. Also I think it would be simpler without the other clause, if he's bonding with them / commanding them shouldn't he have to see them?

DEADMAN'S SWITCH
If Commander Kaelex receives enough wounds to destroyed, roll 3 attack dice. One at a time for each skull rolled, you may inflict one wound on any figure that is adjacent to Commander Kaelex or to one guard you control that follows Utgar. If a guard you control is destroyed with Deadman's Switch then choose 1 figure adjacent to that guard to receive 1 wound. A figure cannot receive more than 1 wound from Deadman's Switch. After using Deadman's Switch, remove Commander Kaelex from the battlefield.

A neat version of Dying Swipe but the wording is confusing -- do I read "one wound to a figure adjacent to CK or adjacent to an Utgar guard" or "one wound to a figure adjacent to CK or one wound to an Utgar guard."? I think from the rest of the power you mean the latter but I'm not sure.

obfuscatedhippo April 15th, 2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshMEL (Post 1928774)
Hey Kai,

The first figure looks very cool. I've eyed some of those Gears of War figures. He looks like he'll fit right in with Utgar.

Some wording thoughts:

GUARD PATROL BONDING
After revealing an order marker on Commander Kaelex, instead of taking a turn with him, you may take a turn with 3 common Guard heroes you control that follow Utgar. Any guard heroes taking a turn must be within [X] clear sight spaces of Commander Kaelex [or adjacent to a Unique Hero that follows Utgar] before moving.

I think you're missing a number for the range there. Also I think it would be simpler without the other clause, if he's bonding with them / commanding them shouldn't he have to see them?

Sorry it is supposed to be clear sight (no range limit, like Kato).

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshMEL (Post 1928774)
DEADMAN'S SWITCH

A neat version of Dying Swipe but the wording is confusing -- do I read "one wound to a figure adjacent to CK or adjacent to an Utgar guard" or "one wound to a figure adjacent to CK or one wound to an Utgar guard."? I think from the rest of the power you mean the latter but I'm not sure.

The intent is you can wound figures adjacent to CK or you can assign a wound from Deadman's Switch to one of your own guards - which then assigns a wound to a figure adjacent to that guard.

You assign the skulls one at a time - so if you roll 2 skulls you can assign the first skull to a figure adjacent to CK and then assign the second skull to a Dumetef guard. Since that destroys the 1-Life Dumetef you can assign one wound to a figure adjacent to the Dumetef.

If CK was adjacent to two squad figures, and you rolled 2 skulls, you could assign a wound to each. If CK was adjacent only to a hero, the most wounds you could assign is 1.