Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Storm (II) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56258)

Arkham October 17th, 2019 11:10 PM

The Book of Storm (II)

The Book of Storm (II)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 35
MUTANT MULTIVERSE

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rmII_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ormII_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the X-Men Xavier's School set.
Its model number and name are #034 / Storm.

Character Bio - Ororo Munroe, also known as Storm is an Omega Level Mutant and one of the most powerful living beings on the planet. Gifted with the power to manipulate the phenomenon from which she takes her codename she is able to incite all forms of atmospheric phenomenon for a variety of magnificent and devastating effects from watering a single potted plant to global hyperstorms that can cover the planet. - Comic Vine

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Storm requires the use of up to four Weather Glyphs.
  • Q: If you have multiple figures with Weather Glyphs in a game, and the figure who started with a specific Glyph places it and the another figure moves that Glyph and then dies, does it get removed from the game?
    A: Yes. The last figure to move or place the Glyph is the one it is associated with for it being removed from the battlefield.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Arkham October 17th, 2019 11:12 PM

Re: The Book of Storm (II) (Breathing)

NAME = STORM
SECRET IDENTITY = ORORO MONROE

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 270

WEATHER SCULPTRESS
Start the game with up to four Weather Glyphs of different types on this card. Instead of:
• moving, you may choose a Weather Glyph on the battlefield, and place it onto any space within 2 spaces of its current placement.
• attacking, you may place a Weather Glyph from this card power-side up onto any space within 6 spaces of Storm.
Weather Glyphs cannot be placed on any space occupied by a glyph. When Storm is destroyed, remove all Weather Glyphs that were placed by this special power from the battlefield.

ATMOSPHERIC MASTERY
Whenever the 20-sided die is rolled for a Weather Glyph, you may add or subtract 2 from the roll. Anytime Storm would be affected by a Weather Glyph, you may ignore that glyph's effects.

FLYING

Arkham October 17th, 2019 11:12 PM

Comic:

Figure:

Background:

Glyph art:

Arkham October 17th, 2019 11:37 PM

@Karat @japes @johnny139 @Soundwarp SG-1 @Lazy Orang @tcglkn @Lord Pyre
@dok

Aiming to represent a more modern 2010's Omega Level Mutant Storm, with more emphasis on actually creating storms that help offer battlefield control.

Feel like we landed at a pretty good place here. Any suggested tweaks? Suggestions on class and personality?

tcglkn October 17th, 2019 11:51 PM

She's gonna be very powerful since those Glyphs are all strong. I like Wild for her personality like Storm I, but don't have any preference for Class right now.

Have we ever referenced level of the battlefield like the Thunderstorm Glyph before?

MrNobody October 17th, 2019 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2325155)
She's gonna be very powerful since those Glyphs are all strong. I like Wild for her personality like Storm I, but don't have any preference for Class right now.

Have we ever referenced level of the battlefield like the Thunderstorm Glyph before?

Yes, on Ocean Master.

Arkham October 18th, 2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2325155)
She's gonna be very powerful since those Glyphs are all strong.

I'm thinking point range wise, we have a fair window to work with as her powers, especially once revealed as an Omega Class Mutant, are quite strong. So I'm thinking somewhere in the 280-330 range? We can always dial them in as needed.

IAmBatman October 18th, 2019 12:14 AM

If we did her as a Queen for class, we could potentially use that as a buzz word for future Wakandan synergy. :-P

Not sure if that fits this era, though. It'd be nice to not just repeat Wild Queen, though, for sure. I could see Proud as a Wild alternative if you're looking for one.

Adjudicator? Diety? Loner? Protector? Recluse? Witch?

Not sure what, if any, synergy we're wanting for her other than Mutant. That could be a guiding light for her class.

Arkham October 18th, 2019 12:20 AM

Queen could be fun for the Wonder Woman (JLA) synergy. I feel like they'd have a lot in common. Especially given she could then have even more reason to team with Black Panther as he's a King.

IAmBatman October 18th, 2019 12:22 AM

Plus Wonder Woman and Storm once fought for the survivals of their opposing universes, so that's cool.

I don't think I'm going to do a Storm-married to Black Panther version at this point, so going Queen her would allow us to not even worry about that, IMO.

Soundwarp SG-1 October 18th, 2019 12:29 AM

The first Storm is a Leader not a Queen IIRC. So Wild Queen wouldn't be a total repeat.

I'd definitely be in favor of Wonder Woman/Storm light synergy. It makes a kind of sense and is cool.

Lazy Orang October 18th, 2019 04:29 AM

Really like what you've got here - really cool representation of her weather powers. Feels like it really shows them off in a way her initial card didn't. :up:
Should Tornado affect figures when it's placed or is moved? It doesn't seem to at present.
I'd still support a light-touch Mutant leadership power on her card - she's not dying for space and something like Mutant Leadership or Mutant Tactician would give her a light-touch role as Mutant support, which wouldn't be defining for what she does but still represent her leadership qualities, which were mostly absent from her first card, and give the Mutants the sort of low-key support that they honestly don't have a lot of.