Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   artemiscorso's comic creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27738)

artemiscorso November 21st, 2009 03:43 PM

artemiscorso's comic creations

artemiscorso's customs list
Archangel
Balder
Deathbird
Dr. Doom
Dr. Octopus
Electro
Firelord
Havok
Iron Man
Lilandra
Morbius
Night Thrasher
Nova
The Owl
Ronan
Sersi
Terrax(NM24)
Wonder Man

Felindar November 21st, 2009 05:12 PM

Re: artemiscorso's comic creations

You have a good start there But I recomend a trip to
Greyowls Custom tools.

It is a huge help.

Hope to see more from you.

Pete

Hahma November 21st, 2009 07:58 PM

I like the different characters you've chosen to do and some of the neat powers. Maybe need some cleaning up a here and there but pretty cool stuff. I can't look too hard at the moment to give detailed critiques and suggestions, but I'll check back here and there to see if I can help. Glad to see you around the comic realm. :D

badgermaniac November 21st, 2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artemiscorso (Post 961269)
Here are my first posted customs. I tried to do characters that either didn't have a custom yet, or had very few.
Ronan the Accuser-I playtested him a few times with some of Grey Owl's
Kree Warriors, but I'm not sure about the cost.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_x6uCPMZlKa...00/i-ronan.jpg
Terrax the Tamer-My favorite Herald.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x6uCPMZlKa...0/i-terrax.JPG
Sersi
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_x6uCPMZlKa...00/i-sersi.jpg
Havok
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x6uCPMZlKa...00/I-HAVOK.JPG
That's all for now. I'll post more in a little while. Firelord, Nova(frankie Raye), Air-Walker, and Morbius as soon as I get around to it.
Any feedback is welcome and appreciated.

I am glad you did Terax and Sersi, as they are two of the few remaining Avengers themed characters that nobody has yet done (I knocked off about 8 of these "orphans" recently), especially since I never wanted to do Sersi since I don't like her (as a character).

Drewman-chu November 21st, 2009 11:20 PM

Welcome aboard Artemiscorso your cards are great. I had been waiting for a Ronan card for a long time and I believe there is a new Heroclix figure in the new Thor wave. I have thread that list characters without any cards, feel free to add to the list or get inspiration for new cards. The thread is C.W.N.C or Characters Who Need Cards. Some Feedback: For Ronan accused markers could you do a little graphic such as his hammer or his face that way you could designate his markers. See Controller, Shang-Chi or Mastermind for examples. I like the theme to that power great job!

Sherman Davies November 23rd, 2009 12:38 AM

Good to see you jumping in with your own customs, artemiscorso! I don't have time right now for specific feedback, but I'll be back.

IAmBatman November 23rd, 2009 01:06 AM

I didn't know Havok could fly! Hmm ...
I like his special attack - good stuff there. Basically you have to keep him alive for a couple of rounds before it's worth anything though, and use it once and he's back to square one. Considering that, I'm not convinced he isn't a tad overcosted at 150. I mean being able to fly and being ranged will help, but he'll be up against a lot of other superheroes who can do the same. I guess with a pretty strong normal attack, though, he's got plenty of time to charge his special and wait for one really strong attack.

A3n November 23rd, 2009 06:34 AM

Very good start, if I started this well I'd probably be a lot more advanced than I am at customs at the moment.

Terrax
EARTHEN WAVE SPECIAL ATTACK: wording should be "...Terrax is on a space where he could end..."
My gut feeling is that he should be about 350 points, But I'm not great at costing yet so get others opinions before changing.

Sersi
LEVITATION: the wording is a bit open to interpretation when it says "...subtract 1 from her move for every other figure she levitates this turn." To me this could be read 2 ways either 1 from her move for every second other figure, or she can levitate more than 3 figures if she subtracts 1 from her move for each extra figure. My guess is that the word "other" shouldn't be there & it actually means subtract 1 from her move for each figure.
She seems very powerful, I don't know the characters at all but if your are sure she is that powerful great but I think at her current strength she would be at least 300 points.

Havok
My personal opinion would be that you should remove the wording about placing plasma markers on the card to separate ability. Only because it doesn't feel right having always wording (each round) in a sometimes ability (special attacks).

Great work though.

Cheers

Sherman Davies November 23rd, 2009 08:40 AM

Took a closer look at the cards, and I'll second Felindar's suggestion that you use GreyOwl's custom tools. They'll make these good cards look even better.

As for Havok's Charged Plasma Special Attack, I think you can keep the plasma marker wording in the power, but that sentence should go first so that it's clear from the start that markers are involved with the power. It also clarifies that the card starts with no markers on it. Something like this:

"Place a Plasma Marker on this card at the end of each round. Before attacking with Havok's Charged Plasma Special Attack, you may remove any number of Plasma Markers from this card. Roll 1 additional attack die for each marker you remove."

artemiscorso November 23rd, 2009 11:04 AM

Yeah, the cards are pretty rough cut right now. I actually used some of Grey Owl's card templates, but I'm having trouble with the printshop program I'm using as it doesn't have a good way to do transparencey, and I'm having to cheat and do cutting and pasting. But a good craftsman never blames his tools, and I'll see what I can do to clean these cards up(wording as well). As far as costing these cards, I've playtested Terrax more than the other ones, and feel better about his cost than the other 3. He might be a tad overcosted, but even at his current cost he fared pretty well against some fairly solid squad heavy armies. Sersi is probably too cheap, or maybe just too powerful. She's one of those characters whose power levels fluctuate in the comics, sometimes she can turn a whole room of superheroes into toads with a gesture, and sometimes she
seems very vulnerable and easily incapacitated. I don't know.
I had markers made up for Ronan's and Havok's powers but I forgot to put them in the post and didn't save them, so I'll make some more.
Thanks a lot guys for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

IAmBatman November 23rd, 2009 11:16 AM

OK, still wondering about the Havoc flying thing. Here's was Wikipedia lists as his powers:

"Ability to absorb cosmic energy
Energy blasts
Immunity to Cyclops' optic blasts"

What am I missing?

artemiscorso November 23rd, 2009 11:50 AM

I admit I have never seen him fly in the comics, but for some reason his heroclix figure has the ability to fly. I'll probably just get rid of his flying
ability, as I don't really recall him being able to fly either. Point cost will have to change, and it probably needed to anyway.