Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Battle Reports (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55957)

BiggaBullfrog July 15th, 2019 08:46 AM

10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

I think this would be the right forum for this

Hello friends, and welcome to 10 Points Under - the show where Marcu just costs too darn much!

Most recent video:

I've had this idea for a while and brought on my bud @TrueMurray to try out casting Heroscape games, inspired mostly by other casts/commentaries I watch on strategy games like StarCraft and Age of Empires II. We thought it would be cool to make a channel where we can watch players and discuss strategy and decisions. Best case scenario: we create something cool and unique and are able to contribute to the Heroscapers community. Worst case scenario: we get an excuse to hang out and have fun, even if it turns out we don't know what we're doing.

Want to co-cast a game with me? Check out the spoiler for scheduling information!
Spoiler Alert!

Video Archive in Order of Posting:
Spoiler Alert!

Chris Perkins July 15th, 2019 10:23 AM

Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

"Is he really a hero for playing the Stingers?"

lol

----------------

On a more serious note, thanks for posting it, watching was fun & glad I could help out with the game.

superfrog July 15th, 2019 11:42 AM

That was a really cool game, with both players having at least one attack that had a good shot at winning.

I do think it might be nice if you brought some live stats in at a few points.

For two examples, the run where Coolio was getting blocked by the Stinger 3v5 8 times in a row, I think it could have been helpful to comment on how likely that is (a 68% chance of blocking each time). The other one I was curious about was when Q9 had the shot to go for 3x3 on Zetacron but went for the single attack of 6. Turns out those two choices have about the same odds of doing a single wound (58% for the 3x3, 62% for the single attack of 6).

Anyway, if you are interested in peppering some of that in your game, there's a google sheet in my signature where you can input an attack and get the chance of every outcome.

OEAO July 15th, 2019 12:37 PM

My advice would be pulling on another member of the community for commentary. ;)

Edit: Although with hopefully less cheese on the board...

Edit 2: fun watch though!

BiggaBullfrog July 15th, 2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Perkins (Post 2296656)
"Is he really a hero for playing the Stingers?"

lol

----------------

On a more serious note, thanks for posting it, watching was fun & glad I could help out with the game.

We're super glad you were able to help us out! You and Coolio provided a cool game for us, exactly what we were looking for!
Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 2296671)
That was a really cool game, with both players having at least one attack that had a good shot at winning.

I do think it might be nice if you brought some live stats in at a few points.

For two examples, the run where Coolio was getting blocked by the Stinger 3v5 8 times in a row, I think it could have been helpful to comment on how likely that is (a 68% chance of blocking each time). The other one I was curious about was when Q9 had the shot to go for 3x3 on Zetacron but went for the single attack of 6. Turns out those two choices have about the same odds of doing a single wound (58% for the 3x3, 62% for the single attack of 6).

Anyway, if you are interested in peppering some of that in your game, there's a google sheet in my signature where you can input an attack and get the chance of every outcome.

That's a great idea! I didn't know you had that sheet handy, I'll have to mess around with it. Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne (Post 2296677)
My advice would be pulling on another member of the community for commentary. ;)

Edit: Although with hopefully less cheese on the board...

Edit 2: fun watch though!

Thanks for checking this out! I still need to talk to True about it, but while stewing over this idea in general I definitely thought it would be awesome to get guest commentary going on, and you'd definitely be on the list of people I'd love to talk a game over with.

All Your Pie July 15th, 2019 11:09 PM

I haven't had time to watch the video yet but I'm definitely interested in this. Are there any plans to record commentary for official OHS season games? It would be fun to add more of a spectator element to those events, although I imagine scheduling might be an issue. Might also be thinking too far ahead for something that's only in testing.

Regardless, this is a neat idea. Schedule permitting, I'd be happy to play in a game for you to commentate.

BiggaBullfrog July 16th, 2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Your Pie (Post 2296799)
I haven't had time to watch the video yet but I'm definitely interested in this. Are there any plans to record commentary for official OHS season games? It would be fun to add more of a spectator element to those event, although I imagine scheduling might be an issue. Might also be thinking too far ahead for something that's only in testing.

Regardless, this is a neat idea. Schedule permitting, I'd be happy to play in a game for you to commentate.

I do hope to be able to get some OHS tourney games in. Like you said, schedules and making sure the players are cool with it will be something to negotiate, but I've learned a lot from watching the games when I've been able to and would love to be able to have a way to both share them with more people and also record them for history.

Thanks for the interest! Hopefully we can get a game from you soon!

Coolio July 16th, 2019 11:02 PM

Thanks for putting this together! I have not played very many competitive Heroscape games, and hearing your comments was very interesting! Definitely a lot to learn. Thanks to Chris for a fun game as well!

BiggaBullfrog July 17th, 2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolio (Post 2297085)
Thanks for putting this together! I have not played very many competitive Heroscape games, and hearing your comments was very interesting! Definitely a lot to learn. Thanks to Chris for a fun game as well!

You gave a really good performance for being new to the scene! (I mean, you won. :)) There are a lot of little things to get a hold of for sure, but as you get more used to them I can see you doing really well! Looking forward to more games from you (and hopefully with you sometime).

Tiamat July 17th, 2019 10:44 PM

Awesome content! Thanks for doing this. I'm one of those people who combs Youtube for HS matches to watch and also enjoys reading battle reports here on the forums. This was like a combination of the best of both those worlds. Looking forward to the next one!

BiggaBullfrog July 17th, 2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiamat (Post 2297461)
Awesome content! Thanks for doing this. I'm one of those people who combs Youtube for HS matches to watch and also enjoys reading battle reports here on the forums. This was like a combination of the best of both those worlds. Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks so much for the kind words! It's good to know that there are others out there like me who love to watch/read all the Heroscape battle glory they can! :D

Sir Heroscape July 19th, 2019 01:50 AM

Imma have to jump in on one of these with ya’ll sometime. It’ll be good to have another YouTuber for Heroscape too. Twill help keep the game alive and fresh!

I also love the idea of doing a video cast for the Online Season, id totally be down for that.

BiggaBullfrog July 19th, 2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape (Post 2297812)
Imma have to jump in on one of these with ya’ll sometime. It’ll be good to have another YouTuber for Heroscape too. Twill help keep the game alive and fresh!

I also love the idea of doing a video cast for the Online Season, id totally be down for that.

Thanks man! It would be awesome to have you come in and guest star sometime!

BiggaBullfrog July 24th, 2019 11:36 AM

We've tried another screen test with a game I recorded a while ago with @Flash_19 and @superfrog . The video isn't the best quality because I wasn't intending to actually release it at the time, but it was a crazy game with a lot of good decision points, so I think the conversation that stemmed from it was really good. Though we were also a bit tired and prone to do bits about the players since we know them a bit better. :D We're still figuring out some things (audio quality, we need to remember to talk about hard statistics, True's working on a logo, outro, etc.) but I'm overall pleased with the video. Again, any feedback on how to improve is welcome!

Sir Heroscape July 24th, 2019 11:59 AM

Just as long as you don’t post my crapshoot OHS game yesterday :-P

superfrog July 24th, 2019 12:30 PM

That hurts just a little bit to watch back, but it's enlightening to hear you guys talk about it.

Definitely a few moves I would do over again if I had the chance, most notably all those attacks on that central Warforged...

That overextend turn where I rushed Evar ends up being about a 31% shot at killing him, so probably a bit riskier than I realized.

BiggaBullfrog July 24th, 2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape (Post 2298801)
Just as long as you don’t post my crapshoot OHS game yesterday :-P

Ahh, no spoilers! True and I are watching it this morning!
Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 2298806)
That hurts just a little bit to watch back, but it's enlightening to hear you guys talk about it.

Definitely a few moves I would do over again if I had the chance, most notably all those attacks on that central Warforged...

Hey man, that happens a lot (I want to take back every single move I made against The Dewk a couple months back). This was a casual game anyway, and it's easy to think "I'll just get this guy out of the way real quick-like" in the moment. :D

superfrog July 24th, 2019 12:53 PM

Yeah, it was really fun to watch. Just a lot of second thoughts about how I would have played it.

Also I've been playing the Skeletons at 110 for a few weeks now and didn't notice until you mentioned their cost on the stream. I totally would have been playing Cyprien if I had been able to read :lol:

Flash_19 July 24th, 2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 2298806)

That overextend turn where I rushed Evar ends up being about a 31% shot at killing him, so probably a bit riskier than I realized.

It ended up being a lot closer than I thought it would! It was a fun game for sure.

It's interesting to go back and hear the commentary/analysis and compare it to what I was thinking in the moment. I've only made it about halfway through the video, so I'll post the rest of my thoughts about the game after I finish. That decision about whether to rush Scarcarver with Nicky was a tough one...

Ericth74 July 24th, 2019 08:09 PM

This is a cool idea. I really enjoyed the 1st video.

Flash_19 July 26th, 2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog (Post 2298798)
We've tried another screen test with a game I recorded a while ago with @Flash_19 and @superfrog . The video isn't the best quality because I wasn't intending to actually release it at the time, but it was a crazy game with a lot of good decision points, so I think the conversation that stemmed from it was really good. Though we were also a bit tired and prone to do bits about the players since we know them a bit better. :D

@TrueMurray - I'll take being called a scrub considering the joy I felt watching my Havech Eradicators blast through your Havech Eradicators. That and Spiderman dodging all your best attacks. ;) Lol. I felt so loved watching that video. :)

@BiggaBullfrog - Just because you decimated me last time we played.... lol.

A couple things you guys mentioned that I wanted to comment on:

1) Putting so many order markers on the Warforged. I was definitely very aggressive here, but think I would've played this fairly similar if I played the game again (though I maybe would've put the first order marker on Heirloom in the first round to bring him up as a threat against clumping skeletons - and put the X on him too to keep superfrog guessing). I had thought about bringing up Heirloom after the first round, but with the amount of figures superfrog was able to move each turn, I figure by the time I was able to get Heirloom into position to take shots at Skeletons, he would've been able to disperse them pretty easily so that I was able to only hit 1 (maybe 2 if I was lucky) with Heirloom's Force Orb attack. Even if I'd rolled him up earlier, I don't think superfrog would have had his figures clumped as much as he did. Thus, I deferred to the greater chance of multiple attacks (and the chance of rolling more attack dice) by being more aggressive with the Warforged.
I think Scarcarver works much better at cleanup (as was demonstrated in the video) and I wanted to save him for cleaning up little pockets of skeletons across the board at the end of the game, along with saving him for the moment Nicky came out to start raining havoc.
As far as bringing Guilty up, again, I wanted to utilize the greater number of attacks with more dice.

2) I should've put that turn one order marker on Heirloom instead of Evar like you guys suggested. Bringing him back to attack the 2 skeletons engaged with the Warforged in my startzone would have been much smarter and might have kept him around a little longer.

3) I thought carefully about rushing Scarcarver in to attack Nicky along the top of the map. In the end I decided against it for a number of reasons. I was pretty confident that superfrog had his OM 3 on Nicky (which he did), and I didn't want to expose Scarcarver so much by ending the round in the heart of superfrog's side of the map. While moving along the top of the map, I would've had to have been sure to kill that Skeleton on Wannok with one shot from range, otherwise, superfrog would've moved him up to tie up Scarcarver. If I'd moved Scarcarver adjacent to get the double assault, I didn't think I would be able to reach Nicky to take attacks on him (again assuming OM 3 was on him). Lastly, I wanted to maximize my number of attacks and protect as many figures of mine as I possibly could. So I made True mad and ran back into my start zone like a little scrub. :)

Anyway. You guys did a good job! I appreciated hearing your perspectives - and there were some really good ideas you guys had in your analysis.

Thanks for doing this!

TREX July 26th, 2019 08:13 PM

Looks like fun. Loving True and Biggas commentary. Ill definitely watch these. Ill have to finish the first one later. Great job guys.

BiggaBullfrog July 28th, 2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash_19 (Post 2299462)
@TrueMurray - I'll take being called a scrub considering the joy I felt watching my Havech Eradicators blast through your Havech Eradicators. That and Spiderman dodging all your best attacks. ;) Lol. I felt so loved watching that video. :)

It's too bad you missed the Monthly yesterday so True could have told you how sorry he was. He said he'll do his best to not be "on one" when we record in the future. :)

Quote:

I had thought about bringing up Heirloom after the first round, but with the amount of figures superfrog was able to move each turn, I figure by the time I was able to get Heirloom into position to take shots at Skeletons, he would've been able to disperse them pretty easily so that I was able to only hit 1 (maybe 2 if I was lucky) with Heirloom's Force Orb attack. Even if I'd rolled him up earlier, I don't think superfrog would have had his figures clumped as much as he did. Thus, I deferred to the greater chance of multiple attacks (and the chance of rolling more attack dice) by being more aggressive with the Warforged.
That's actually why I love playing Heirloom with the Warforged -- if you're using your OMs and placement to fake out your opponent, they have to worry about an explosion attack and are more prone to spread out, which is what the Warforged love. When they're going against a spread out opponent they get more options with their switches and are less likely to get overwhelmed (which is important due to their relatively high points-per-figure).

Quote:

As far as bringing Guilty up, again, I wanted to utilize the greater number of attacks with more dice.
So the theory I was getting at here was that you'd get free attacks with Guilty. 7 Range vs 4 Move means you don't have to worry about him getting engaged, so you get free pot shots while your opponent is developing. So that would be more attacks with more dice over the long run. If they want to get Guilty, they have to spread themselves pretty thin (already a big commitment vs a 30 point figure), which again plays into the strength of the Warforged, who like to take 1v1 fights. And, like I said, if they slow roll a bit more and take the strong positions on the board, the Warforged can fight that well too with their switching. That's why those long range attackers are a great counterpart for Warforged especially (and melee in general), in my opinion.

Overall it was a really fun game to watch, which is why I watched it twice! Crazy endgames are always fun!

BiggaBullfrog July 28th, 2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericth74 (Post 2298908)

Hey thanks! I'm glad you're liking it! We've got some really good games coming up (as soon as True and I get time to commentate them -- it's been a busy week).
Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2299584)
Looks like fun. Loving True and Biggas commentary. Ill definitely watch these. Ill have to finish the first one later. Great job guys.

Thanks TREX! Glad to have you stopping by! I don't know if you or any of the other HoSS guys play online very much, but I was thinking it would be cool to hopefully get a game with those figures at some point!

Flash_19 July 28th, 2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog (Post 2299910)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash_19 (Post 2299462)

It's too bad you missed the Monthly yesterday so True could have told you how sorry he was. He said he'll do his best to not be "on one" when we record in the future. :)

Quote:

I had thought about bringing up Heirloom after the first round, but with the amount of figures superfrog was able to move each turn, I figure by the time I was able to get Heirloom into position to take shots at Skeletons, he would've been able to disperse them pretty easily so that I was able to only hit 1 (maybe 2 if I was lucky) with Heirloom's Force Orb attack. Even if I'd rolled him up earlier, I don't think superfrog would have had his figures clumped as much as he did. Thus, I deferred to the greater chance of multiple attacks (and the chance of rolling more attack dice) by being more aggressive with the Warforged.
That's actually why I love playing Heirloom with the Warforged -- if you're using your OMs and placement to fake out your opponent, they have to worry about an explosion attack and are more prone to spread out, which is what the Warforged love. When they're going against a spread out opponent they get more options with their switches and are less likely to get overwhelmed (which is important due to their relatively high points-per-figure).

Quote:

So the theory I was getting at here was that you'd get free attacks with Guilty. 7 Range vs 4 Move means you don't have to worry about him getting engaged, so you get free pot shots while your opponent is developing. So that would be more attacks with more dice over the long run. If they want to get Guilty, they have to spread themselves pretty thin (already a big commitment vs a 30 point figure), which again plays into the strength of the Warforged, who like to take 1v1 fights. And, like I said, if they slow roll a bit more and take the strong positions on the board, the Warforged can fight that well too with their switching. That's why those long range attackers are a great counterpart for Warforged especially (and melee in general), in my opinion.

Overall it was a really fun game to watch, which is why I watched it twice! Crazy endgames are always fun!

Lol, I'm sad I missed yesterday too. :)

I get what you're saying now. I must have misunderstood what you intended during the video because I was thinking you were talking about putting order markers into them after having advanced the Warforged so much (at which point it was too late because I had committed myself too much to that front of Warforged). But I understand you now, and yes, I think you're right. Given the set up of the game with Warforged verses a melee army, I didn't have to worry as much as I apparently was about trying to develop my units into the board as in other circumstances. So utilizing Heirloom and Guilty would have been advantageous. That's good feedback, thanks!

BiggaBullfrog July 31st, 2019 12:27 PM

New game! This one is from Round 1 of OHS Season 33 that's currently running, between @Sir Heroscape and @Chris Perkins . We've got a good amount of games from this first round, so we'll be uploading twice a week for the next little bit, and hopefully longer if we can keep getting videos coming in (we would have started last weekend but we had a local tournament going on so didn't have the time). This kind of online tournament play has been some of my favorite to watch in the past, and I'm super excited to share it with the community, so stay tuned for more!

And as always, feedback on how to improve is welcome! You'll notice @TrueMurray is incredibly mellow compared to the last video. :lol:

TREX July 31st, 2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog (Post 2299911)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericth74 (Post 2298908)

Hey thanks! I'm glad you're liking it! We've got some really good games coming up (as soon as True and I get time to commentate them -- it's been a busy week).
Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2299584)

Thanks TREX! Glad to have you stopping by! I don't know if you or any of the other HoSS guys play online very much, but I was thinking it would be cool to hopefully get a game with those figures at some point!

I dont really play online. I havent really done it. Partially because when I do have time I like to get the physical plastic out, and partially because I dont really have time anyway. I would like to see HoSS get some love. For all the work that has went into it, its kind of a shame for it not to get love. But Im sure more people have used the cards than there are posters in the forums because most just like to enjoy the fruits of the labor without doing any of the testing, etc. True needn"t tone down the commentary too much because thats part of the fun.

Sir Heroscape August 1st, 2019 01:03 AM

Mistakes indeed. Granted I think you guys were correct that CP had the upper hand with this matchup, but I agree I played Sonlen too late. I realized too late that I probably should have used him earlier to try and pick off units and throw CP off a little bit. But, it wasn't ideal either way since Sonlen would have had a hard time matching the output of the Raelin backed MW's.

BiggaBullfrog August 3rd, 2019 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape (Post 2300840)
Mistakes indeed. Granted I think you guys were correct that CP had the upper hand with this matchup, but I agree I played Sonlen too late. I realized too late that I probably should have used him earlier to try and pick off units and throw CP off a little bit. But, it wasn't ideal either way since Sonlen would have had a hard time matching the output of the Raelin backed MW's.

Yeah, it was a tough matchup no matter how you slice it -- Sonlen was really your only chance against such high defense (barring nuts-o divide rolls), but he was hard to bring in with the Marro Warriors running around. Plus Chris Perkins was playing an excellent game and gave you no openings -- really impressive OM management on his part.

Sir Heroscape August 3rd, 2019 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog (Post 2301223)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape (Post 2300840)

Yeah, it was a tough matchup no matter how you slice it -- Sonlen was really your only chance against such high defense (barring nuts-o divide rolls), but he was hard to bring in with the Marro Warriors running around. Plus Chris Perkins was playing an excellent game and gave you no openings -- really impressive OM management on his part.

Agreed. He played it perfectly.

BiggaBullfrog August 3rd, 2019 11:05 AM

Second video for the week: @All Your Pie v @kevindola ! Still coming from Round 1 of OHS Season 33 (which ended last week, so you may know the outcome already). It's a really cool matchup where AYP decides to play not 10, but 105 points under!

I will apologize for the audio -- it's mostly good but in a couple places gets a little scratchy. This was because we had to change our recording method and weren't aware of the perks of the new one. We'll be keeping a closer eye on it in the future.

kevindola August 4th, 2019 04:09 PM

Thanks very much for putting the time into creating these. I have watched and enjoyed every one of them!

Put me on the list if you ever wanted/needed a guest commentator ;)

BiggaBullfrog August 5th, 2019 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindola (Post 2301547)
Thanks very much for putting the time into creating these. I have watched and enjoyed every one of them!

Put me on the list if you ever wanted/needed a guest commentator ;)

That's super happy to hear coming from you! Thanks so much! I'd love to have you guest commentate as well! (I'll try not to fanboy too much.) True and I have a few more games we're doing with the two of us to make sure we've got our groove on, but we're hoping to be able to start getting guests in soon!

dok August 5th, 2019 03:19 PM

I'm down to lay down some guest commentary as well.

BiggaBullfrog August 6th, 2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 2301735)
I'm down to lay down some guest commentary as well.

That's awesome and happy, thanks so much! We'll definitely keep you posted! It's really great to have so many big names interested!

BiggaBullfrog August 7th, 2019 12:44 PM

Our coverage of Online Heroscape Season 33 continues with footage from the Round 1 game of @Coolio vs @vegietarian18 . Sources say we can expect some wild dragon vs dragon, lizard vs lizard, and undead vs undead action as things heat up down on the front lines. Our experts(?) Bigga and True are there on the scene, reporting (and laughing at) each new development. Join them now to witness first second third-ish hand of this breathtaking event.

We do again apologize for the sometimes-scratchy audio, and hope that this will be the last video with that tendency. Stay tuned for even more Reverse-the-Whip action coming your way at 8. I mean, Saturday.

BiggaBullfrog August 10th, 2019 09:39 AM

Final game of Round 1 of OHS 33! We've got @Viideosayg and @dok playing in the Round 1 finale with armies and gameplay that leave True and I speechless! (That or we had just both gotten up early and were struggling with words a little bit...)

Also, I'll be going on vacation next week (actually in about an hour), and won't have the time needed to doctor up, export, and upload videos, so we won't be able to upload any new content until the 21st.

Also also, @Chris Perkins and @I.S.B.3 , if you're wondering about the recording I got of your game it will be coming up next. We decided to put it at the end of Round 1 so that we didn't have an overload of Chris Perkins goodness. :)

BiggaBullfrog August 21st, 2019 12:02 AM

Quick update for interested parties: True decided to pick up more hours with his job while I was on vacation, and I have a schedule change happening soon as well with school starting up. Basically this means that we won't have a video ready for tomorrow. We're working to figure out our schedules so that we can return to pumping out videos, and are planning on recording this weekend. That may result in a Saturday video, but I can't promise that yet. Sorry for this splotch of irregularity; we're wanting to hop back in action and get recording again ASAP.

On a brighter note, once we do figure out a consistent recording schedule again we'll likely start bringing in guest commentators, so there's that to look forward to! We could also use more content, as always, so I'll be looking to record games both casual and hopefully with the play testing event starting soon (because that would be a cool insight to the gameplay process). A bit further off, I have an idea I'm super excited about to implement throughout October for NHSD, so there's another small bit to look forward to!

BiggaBullfrog August 28th, 2019 10:05 AM

And we're back folks! This time with a really good game between @Chris Perkins and @I.S.B.3 ! Both players are super skilled and playing high-level armies, and this game has a lot of great examples of great decision making and gameplay. Ironically, True and I are a couple of chuckleheads casting this one, including a rant from True on Scatter vs Scurry, but there is so much good stuff to glean from this game! Enjoy!

Quick note on the audio -- basically we're working on it. We had to switch to Skype for recording recently and True's end gets a little scratchy once or twice. Sorry about that, but it's still workable and shouldn't impact what you get out of this video!

Another quick note -- we are going back down to one video per week for the time being. I loved doing two each week, but True and I are still going through schedule changes so until we get that settled out, and we get a bit more of a backlog of videos, we're doing one a week to keep consistent.

kevindola August 28th, 2019 12:48 PM

Awesome guys! I was worried for a while there

BiggaBullfrog September 4th, 2019 10:01 AM

Game 1 of Round 2 of Online Heroscape Season 33! We've got @Dysole and @Kinseth debuting on the channel in a great game! This one highlights the greatness of Reverse-the-Whip glory with both players playing the army that their opponent brought. Also, fair warning: True and I are big ol' chuckleheads with our casting in this one, so it's a bit lower on the serious level, despite some incredible gameplay going on. We do note it, but don't go as in depth as I may have liked in retrospect. That said, we do have a punniest name contest, and enjoy some guest appearances from superfrog and kevindola! It's definitely a fun watch!

Dysole September 4th, 2019 10:41 PM

Double Posting

Like myself and Kinseth said on YouTube, whenever I press the done button, there is special code that says my turn is punned. It was installed by the guy who originally made the app. I was pretty happy when it first showed up. Gotta be known for something around here.

~Dysole, glad y'all appreciated her puns

kevindola September 4th, 2019 11:06 PM

So much came down to that 1 life Othkurik. A bit surprised the Nakitas (2 of them anyway) spent their round 1 attacks on Raelin instead of Othkurik. 3v5s instead of 3v4s I get, but man those extra attacks might have swung it.

BiggaBullfrog September 5th, 2019 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2311764)
Like myself and Kinseth said on YouTube, whenever I press the done button, there is special code that says my turn is punned. It was installed by the guy who originally made the app. I was pretty happy when it first showed up. Gotta be known for something around here.

~Dysole, glad y'all appreciated her puns

That's super cool! So it's more like an Easter egg, in a way. That's awesome to have that kind of recognition!
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindola (Post 2311774)
So much came down to that 1 life Othkurik. A bit surprised the Nakitas (2 of them anyway) spent their round 1 attacks on Raelin instead of Othkurik. 3v5s instead of 3v4s I get, but man those extra attacks might have swung it.

So true! One more early wound would have changed everything. Naturally hindsight is 20/20, but I'm curious if you would have gone for Othkurik? I'm not certain what I would have done personally -- I don't play against Raelin enough -- but I think I would have maybe gone for Othkurik more because I could have kept a little more distance than anything else.

Dysole September 5th, 2019 02:39 AM

Strategery

Having played my hodgepodge build enough, the important part of the army is making sure the nakitas last. Whenever I played against it, I always made it a priority to kill them hence why I made my yeet play. Very good odds to kill one and the other was trapped on low ground and I could get height on the last one with a Greenscale. It worked out well for me, but had Othkurik failed to kill the Nakita on height I probably lose the game. Now if I was playing the army, I probably go for the dragon over Raelin since Greenscales are pretty dependent on their lizard ruler, but I probably set things up more defensively than Kinseth did.

~Dysole, who felt good about her chances even if she only traded Othkurik for nakitas

kevindola September 5th, 2019 12:49 PM

It's always hard to say what you'd do in the moment. But you weren't going to be able to draw Othkurik out of Raelin's aura, and from a big picture standpoint, the Nakitas weren't going to get enough attacks unmolested by Acid Spray to bring down the Kyrie, so I think Othkurik has to be a prioity even from within the aura.

Afterall, Kinseth got the initiative switch and with the Nakitas went after Othkurik from height anyway (not Raelin). So it looks like he changed his mind on priority targets in between rounds. That's what makes the attacks on Raelin hindsight unfortunate. But maybe the 3v4 that did a single wound to Raelin is blocked by the 3v5 if it shifted to Othkurik anyway. Still though it looks like the attacks probably should have been against the dragon if your Round 2 opening is going to be to attack Othkurik also.

BiggaBullfrog September 11th, 2019 09:21 AM

Second (and last) game of Round 2! @All Your Pie and @Sir Heroscape are duking it out! Meanwhile True and I are watching AYP's 105 points under army with increasing jealousy.

Sir Heroscape September 11th, 2019 03:16 PM

Noice! Yeah, played a little aggressive for being short on points and figures, but it worked out...I trusted good 'ol Nilfy to pull me through!