Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Sales and Trades (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   You May Not Have Multiple Accounts On Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56235)

Dad_Scaper October 9th, 2019 10:17 PM

You May Not Have Multiple Accounts On Heroscapers

Using multiple accounts - whether one for buying and one for selling, or for some other purpose - is a bannable offense. Don't do it.

Don't use shill accounts either. Also bannable.

Lazy Orang October 10th, 2019 04:39 AM

Re: You May Not Have Multiple Accounts On Heroscapers

How do you tell if someone has multiple accounts?
I never would have more than one, but my family members have (much less active ones). If it's based on IP address, does it catch things like that in the net?

Dad_Scaper October 10th, 2019 08:34 AM

Admins have Admin ways. I don’t know what they do.

Dysole October 10th, 2019 09:21 AM

FYI

In order for us to determine something like whether or not you have multiple accounts, it'd take more than simply being on the same internet connection, although that would be something that would be noticed. What we have in place is incredibly unlikely to get anyone innocent caught up in it and we take great care to ensure that we aren't going to inadvertently punish someone doing no wrong.

~Dysole, adminstratively

IAmBatman October 10th, 2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2322184)
I never would have more than one, but my family members have (much less active ones). If it's based on IP address, does it catch things like that in the net?

Don’t make sales in public to your own family members and you shouldn’t have an issue. :-P

Lazy Orang October 10th, 2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2322231)
Quote:

Don’t make sales in public to your own family members and you shouldn’t have an issue. :-P

I'm... not sure what you're referring to.

Dysole October 10th, 2019 10:22 AM

Recent Events

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2322233)
Quote:

Quote:

Someone recently got banned for similar behavior. That's all.

~Dysole, informationally

japes October 10th, 2019 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2322233)
Quote:

Quote:

It’s not important. He’s referencing a past situation. Just know you are safe LO. Same IP address is just one check. There are several things we factor in before dropping the hammer.

Even then we tend to assume it’s an honest mistake (like someone forgot the login/password or something) until someone proves that wrong.

Lazy Orang October 10th, 2019 10:25 AM

He... sold crap to himself? Why would anyone do this? Was this to try to shill, to show that he's (ironically) trustworthy?

Dad_Scaper October 10th, 2019 10:25 AM

I'm going to lock this thread. It's really not a concern for people with only one account, and people not using shills.