Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Billy Batson (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=35875)

A3n April 28th, 2011 07:48 AM

The Book of Billy Batson

The Book of Billy Batson

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 10
THE POWER OF SHAZAM!

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Origins set.
Its model number and name are #079-080 / Shazam!.
Character Bio - Billy Batson, an orphaned and homeless newspaper boy, follows at the behest of a mysterious cloaked stranger into the very subways he sleeps for warmth. The stranger takes Billy to the wizard SHAZAM. The wizard entrust Billy with the task of battling the "Seven Deadly Enemies of Man": pride, envy, greed, hatred, selfishness, laziness and injustice. To become the "world's mightiest mortal" and call upon the power of Captain Marvel, Billy only need say the wizards name SHAZAM!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Billy Batson may be drafted into an army with a Billy Batson figure that is not a Citizen and may be switched with that figure due to his SHAZAM! special power. Current Billy Batson figures that are not Citizens: Captain Marvel (Billy Batson). Whichever Billy Batson starts the game off the battlefield gains these Off-the-Battlefield Synergies.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Griffin
  • Second playtest: IAmBatman (50-60 points)
  • Third playtest: A3n
  • Card Art: A3n

Card Updates:
23 January 2021 - Added Face in the Crowd to maintain synergy with Civilians

A3n April 28th, 2011 07:48 AM

Re: C3G Billy Batson - Design Phase

NAME = BILLY BATSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CITIZEN
PERSONALITY = INNOCENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = 60

SECRET IDENTITY
You may draft one other Billy Batson figure that is not a Citizen. Choose which figure will start the game on the battlefield. You can control only one Billy Batson figure on the battlefield at a time.

FACE IN THE CROWD
If a special power refers to Civilians, it refers to this figure as well.

SHAZAM!
Anytime either Billy Batson figure you control receives one or more wounds or is destroyed, you may switch that figure, if possible, with another Billy Batson figure you control. After switching the figures, roll one unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to the placed figure. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

A3n April 28th, 2011 07:50 AM

I originally had student for his class but I thought there's more of a chance of future synergies if he was a civilian. But now that I think about it, that could be a bad thing also as he maybe too powerful that we don't want to add synergies :shrug:.

tcglkn April 28th, 2011 07:57 AM

I don't like how you can kill this guy in one hit and lose Captain Marvel too.

Also who starts on the battlefield?

A3n April 28th, 2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1393888)
I don't like how you can kill this guy in one hit and lose Captain Marvel too.

That's part of the risk of Recuperating. There has to be a large risk otherwise it would be like drafting multiple CM's & his cost would have to reflect that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1393888)
Also who starts on the battlefield?

I left it open but I think you would be crazy to start with Billy. :D

tcglkn April 28th, 2011 08:18 AM

Ok I see. You basically use CM till he almost dies, then use Billy till either CM comes back or he dies.

Should you move the OMs from CM to Billy when he Recuperates? They are essentially the same person. :shrug:

tcglkn April 28th, 2011 08:25 AM

Can Captain Marvel use SHAZAM! SA anytime during the game as long as Billy is drafted or can he only use it on a turn when he was placed on the board by the Power of SHAZAM! special power?

Good Pig April 28th, 2011 01:14 PM

Cool concept. I'm excited to see this work. :)

I like having Civilian as the class. If this kid has no powers he'd absolutely Panic when some heavy hitters start attacking people. Would give people a reason to draft Civilians with the secret identity heroes too. :)

I wonder if we could just make a special or optional C3G rule for Secret Identity instead of listing it as a power. That way this and any future Civilian versions of super heroes don't have to have it listed on the card and it opens up room for more text. I'd really prefer to see no more than 3 powers anyhow.

I love the Shazam! SA, but I don't know if it should be on this card. Seems odd to use a special attack from one card on another when this figure wouldn't even be present on the board.

IAmBatman April 28th, 2011 01:56 PM

I agree with making Secret Identity an optional rule. The whole rule against unique heroes with the same name not being in the same army isn't something that appears on any cards anyway - it's in a rulebook. So providing an exception for it in a rulebook seems appropriate.

IAmBatman April 28th, 2011 01:59 PM

With that in mind, here's how I'd tweak the card to iron it out and smooth it over a bit ...

SHAZAM! SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 6.
If Billy Batson inflicts at least 1 wound with his SHAZAM! Special Attack, roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, each figure adjacent to the defending figure receives one unblockable wound. After attacking with SHAZAM! Special Attack, you may remove Billy Batson from the battlefield and place your Captain Marvel on the space previously occupied by Billy Batson.

RECUPERATE
If your Captain Marvel would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, remove all wounds from his card and remove him from the battlefield. Place Billy Batson on the space previously occupied by Captain Marvel. After using the Recuperate special power, Billy Batson receives one wound.

Griffin April 28th, 2011 02:10 PM

Have you guys looked at the Secret Identity rule in the Fan 4 book? It is already complex. I would rather NOT create an optional rule, but just create actual design powers.

IAmBatman April 28th, 2011 04:24 PM

Well if we keep the Secret Identity power, I think some rewording might be in order ... here's my attempt at it:

SECRET IDENTITY
Billy Batson and Captain Marvel may be controlled by the same player if one is not on the battlefield. You may start the game with Billy Batson on this card.