Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Felindar's Comic Customs Working on Stargate (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26248)

Felindar November 22nd, 2009 02:20 AM

Re: Felindar's Comic Customs Links and Thoughts on SG-1

Which or is it both. I like the text boxes on the Left. I think it makes it look more profesional. I am probly going to drop the size of the Range Move ext. box no matter what. Go with the Circle for the name. and do the divided text boxes. If That level was editable I could cut the lines into it, to divide it up and leave the circular shape on the Left. That is what I wanted to do in the first place. Maby after some sleep.

Pete

A3n November 22nd, 2009 02:48 AM

I think your idea of keeping the left circular but dividing it up could look pretty cool, sort of like how the classic heroscape cards are. I think your text background looks nice but I think now it has taken too much away from the puddle effect. My idea was just to make a solid white layer & drop it's transparency down to around 15-20%. You could do like a [ border that makes it look like HUD. But hey it's your card & you have to be happy with it. BTW, I don't hate the squared up left side, & it does grow on me the more I look at it, but yes the square top has to go.

Cheers

Felindar November 22nd, 2009 09:40 AM

Cool Idea on the Transparancy I had wanted it to look like a computer screen origionaly but I thought the black with glowing green letters would have been to hard to read at that sise. I will play with the hud Idea today.

Also, Sugjest away, anybody. When I get SG-1 done and work on some Jafa Ext. Then it will be to late. I don't care how cool an Idea is I am not gona fix 8 cards. That is why I am posting this stuff in the initial phases. I like working with imput and sugjestions. I throw out a request for some powers and some Ideas, I get some cool write ups and powers I did not think of. 3 or 4 brains are better than one.

Pete

Hahma November 22nd, 2009 10:48 AM

Great looking card Felindar and neat concept. Since I don't know the characters to comment on powers/abilities and such I can just offer a couple things on her card.

Is it supposed to be TECHNICAL GENIUS or TECHNICAL GENIUS ?

Also, SOLIDER needs to be SOLDIER

That's all I got buddy, keep up the good work on these.

Felindar November 22nd, 2009 12:53 PM

Thanks Buddy. The Lack of cap was actually from an unintended font size change. And Please ANYONE is welcome to comment on spelling, grammar, or proper HS language. I am alone in a scarry place, for me, of the written word. The problem seems to be when I turn on the creative side of my brain the Spelling, grammar side actually gets worse.:(

Pete
</IMG>

Felindar November 22nd, 2009 07:00 PM

http://home.comcast.net/~felindar/TV/Sam2%20copy.jpg
Updated. What do you think? The last thing I was thinking was to drop the size of the Personality boxes and expanding the text box a tad, but that would make the text box off center. I might need to. I have 5 fewer lines of text than a standard card I can start droping to a smaller font sooner, but that could get ugly quick.

Pete

A3n November 22nd, 2009 07:33 PM

That's looking great. I would cut down the size of the gap between the attribute boxes on the left side & maybe their size slightly, remove the left side of the text box & make it go all the way across to the left side & behind the attributes boxes, maybe even take it higher up so it goes behind the name banner. Maybe even the bottom the text box can go as well taking the white transparency all the way down. It's hard to say without playing with myself but these are a few things I would try & see if it looks any better (not that it's not great at the moment just to aim for the best so you don't have any regrets later).

Cheers

Felindar November 22nd, 2009 07:59 PM

I think one or the other, either

1. extend text box up and down, this should gain me 3 levels of text or so. If I go all the way up and down I don"t want it off center. I just think it will look odd with the box Locked into the top and bottom and off center.

2 Make the Personality stuff smaller and extend the box to the Left. It would be off center. If I run it all the way to the edge on the Left I gain more than a line for every one letter of space I get. I could wind up with more text space than a real card.

I will try both. If I open it up in Gimp it should be easyer. You can play around with layersises easyer there.

Felindar November 22nd, 2009 09:42 PM

Updated card. Can't wait to have a final version. Then I start working up the rest of the team. I think I just might take the plunge and get the stargate Minis. I figure it is a community service because as soon as I pay big bucks for them the licence will be sold and they will be going for around $2 apiece.

Pete

A3n November 22nd, 2009 10:34 PM

Mate that is looking sweet now. The only thing I would suggest now is that maybe you can redesign the stats box, make it look a bit more Stargate like. Maybe you can make it look either ancient like or technical like (to match the HUD look).

Great work!

Cheers

Felindar November 22nd, 2009 11:22 PM

Yea, The match was perfect for the origional test gate. When I figured out that the disk was at an angle and out of the round, I went with the other Gate. Now that it is not exact it dose not look as cool,close but no cigar looks like I tryed and blew it. Going with another look altogether might be cooler. I will think on it Maby a crystal one of Greyowls cards.

Pete

Felindar November 25th, 2009 05:33 PM

Re: Felindar's Comic Customs Links and SG-1 card design

Updated with Goul'd Attachement I think we have a winner.

Pete