Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker December 14th, 2010 11:11 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1291271)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1291196)
Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1291081)

MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA 11
When Inigo receives enough wounds to be destroyed by an attack from an adjacent unique hero, you may roll the 20-sided die before removing him. If you roll an 11 or higher, ignore all skulls rolled by the attacking hero.

I thought it would be wounds, not skulls. Did we talk about this and I just missed the discussion?

That's a good question. Wouldn't ignoring skulls make Prepare to Die stronger? Or was that the point? If so, then IMO that makes Prepare to Die too powerful.

With the wording in the first sentence, that becomes moot. Nonetheless, for proper wording, it's "wounds."

Balantai December 14th, 2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1291081)
Inigo Montoya
The Princess Bride
Movies/Literature
Fights for Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Duelist
Driven
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

When Inigo receives enough wounds to be destroyed by an attack from an adjacent unique hero, you may roll the 20-sided die before removing him. If you roll an 11 or higher, ignore all wounds from the attackskulls rolled by the attacking hero.

YOU KILLED MY FATHER
At the start of the game, choose an one opponent's Unique Hero. When attacking the chosen hero with Inigo Montoya attacks the chosen figure, you may roll two additional dice.

PREPARE TO DIE!
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, you may roll 2 additonal defense dice and all excess shields count as unblockable wounds on the attacking figure.

Great write up. I'm loving Inigo.

Suggested wording changes in red.

Balantai December 14th, 2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 1291176)
This is a good thread. I like this thread.

I had an idea for Agent Smith, but I never got around to making the card.

Welcome, Pumpkin King. The more the merrier. Unfortunately, Agent Smith has already been drafted and created. You can find his stats on the first page of this thread. But almost everyone else in the fictional universe is still available.

In order to design, you need to contribute to this thread. If you put your two cents in on everyone else's design, I'll add you to the bottom of the design team. Again, welcome.

Pumpkin_King December 14th, 2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1291356)
Welcome, Pumpkin King. The more the merrier. Unfortunately, Agent Smith has already been drafted and created.

*cough*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai
In order to design, you need to contribute to this thread. If you put your two cents in on everyone else's design, I'll add you to the bottom of the design team. Again, welcome.

Yup, yup. I came in late for Inigo; reading back a few pages, everything I was going to say has been said. I'll wait until the next one is put forward to add any suggestions.

Lamaclown December 14th, 2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 1291176)
This is a good thread. I like this thread.

I had an idea for Agent Smith, but I never got around to making the card.

Welcome, Pumpkin King. The more the merrier. Unfortunately, Agent Smith has already been drafted and created. You can find his stats on the first page of this thread. But almost everyone else in the fictional universe is still available.

Actually, I believe PK was referring to Agent Smith from The Matrix rather than Agent J from MIB played by Mr. Smith. :)

I really like the way Inigo is shaping up. I agree with the wording changes by Balantai as well.

EDIT: :ninja:'d by PK

Balantai December 14th, 2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 1291362)
Quote:

Welcome, Pumpkin King. The more the merrier. Unfortunately, Agent Smith has already been drafted and created.

*cough*

Oh, thaaaaaaaaaaat Agent Smith. :unsure:

wulfhunter667 December 14th, 2010 04:24 PM

I agree Indigo is shaping up nicely. I do have this though. Originally, "My Name" had a condition of add 2 to the roll for each wound marker when it was at 17. I must have missed something. Where did that go? I think it actually is more interesting than the just plain old 11 up there now. Plus it adds flavour to the figure while maintaining game balance. Not to mention, it's just plain cool. ;)
Just my :2cents:.

Balantai December 14th, 2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1291584)
I agree Indigo is shaping up nicely. I do have this though. Originally, "My Name" had a condition of add 2 to the roll for each wound marker when it was at 17. I must have missed something. Where did that go? I think it actually is more interesting than the just plain old 11 up there now. Plus it adds flavour to the figure while maintaining game balance. Not to mention, it's just plain cool. ;)
Just my :2cents:.

I'm not entirely opposed to changing it back, but I do think it's just unnecessarily complicated. Why is he less likely to die if he has more wounds? Isn't he just portrayed as "hard to kill"?

Taeblewalker December 14th, 2010 07:48 PM

I think the problem with the old way is that you would be tempted to do a weird sort of meta-game thinking where you hope he gets a little bit hurt before he gets hit with real dice.

If anything, in the movie, the scene where he comes back from being hurt can be modeled as regeneration like the Troll.

wulfhunter667 December 14th, 2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1291842)
I think the problem with the old way is that you would be tempted to do a weird sort of meta-game thinking where you hope he gets a little bit hurt before he gets hit with real dice.

If anything, in the movie, the scene where he comes back from being hurt can be modeled as regeneration like the Troll.

Not so much regeneration as just bad-a$$-itude. He gets hit, what, 3 good times and comes back to whoop that boy's such-and-thus all over the banquet hall.
That's the flavour I was talking about, but it's not a make or break for me.

Balantai December 15th, 2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1291932)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1291842)

Not so much regeneration as just bad-a$$-itude. He gets hit, what, 3 good times and comes back to whoop that boy's such-and-thus all over the banquet hall.
That's the flavour I was talking about, but it's not a make or break for me.

It sounds more like the theme should be, "...the most wounds Inigo Montoya may take from an attack is one...". You could even leave in the current prevent destruction mechanic, but I would increase the roll if we added this first part.

EDIT: I don't particularly think there's anything wrong with this version, though.

Balantai December 16th, 2010 12:15 PM

Current version:

Inigo Montoya
The Princess Bride
Movies/Literature
Fights for Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Duelist
Driven
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
Cost: 100

When Inigo receives enough wounds to be destroyed by an attack from an adjacent unique hero, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, ignore all wounds from the attack.

YOU KILLED MY FATHER
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. When Inigo Montoya attacks the chosen figure, you may roll two additional dice.

PREPARE TO DIE!
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, you may roll 2 additonal defense dice and all excess shields count as unblockable wounds on the attacking figure.