Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker May 12th, 2012 04:18 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Good call on Stupefy, Mac. Do we want a Voldedmort tie-in? If so, would the relevant power be on Voldemort's card?

tcglkn May 12th, 2012 04:22 PM

I wanted Stupefy to affect squads. Otherwise Harry will get over run by them. Just imagine that the destroyed squad figure is the squad leader and the squad is now confused.

JC McMinis May 12th, 2012 05:25 PM

The thing that Voldemort and Harry locked wand was when Voldemort cast Avada Cadavra and Harry cast Expeleramus.

tcglkn May 12th, 2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1607481)
The thing that Voldemort and Harry locked wand was when Voldemort cast Avada Cadavra and Harry cast Expeleramus.

That's too complicated for HeroScape and wouldn't really serve any purpose.

mac122 May 14th, 2012 02:06 PM

I'm OK without a direct tie-in to Voldemort on Harry's card. Maybe if someone chooses the dark lord later on, we can come up with a cool anti-human wizard power or something.

I think we've got a good mix of powers on Harry's card. Personally, I would have thought of Expecto Petronum before Stupefy, but that's based solely on the movies I've seen. We would have to expanded the Petronas to an overall protection spell to really make it worthwhile in Scape, anyway.

How do you feel about the reworked Magical Equipment, tcglkn?

What about points? I feel like Harry is in the 150+ point range. High stats, immediate boosts from equipment, powers that can affect opponent's stats and OMs.

tcglkn May 14th, 2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1607394)
How about this for Magical Equipment?
MAGICAL EQUIPMENT
At the start of the game, before placing figures, choose up to 6 different Treasure Glyphs. Place any 2 of the chosen glyphs on this Army Card and place the remaining Treasure Glyphs symbol-side up on any empty space outside your start zone at least 8 spaces away from any figure you control.

I'm really not getting the theme of having to put the Glyphs 8 spaces away from figures you control even though I do kinda understand the balance issue. I think something like this would work better.
MAGICAL EQUIPMENT
At the start of the game, before placing figures, choose up to 4 different Treasure Glyphs. Place any 2 of the chosen glyphs on this Army Card and 1 of the chosen Glyphs on each the Army Card of any other Unique Heroes you control.

So he can share his equipment with his team. Plus we only have 4 Glyphs now (Firebolt, Maurader's Map, Invisibilty Cloak, and Sword of Godric Griffindor).

Also I think we should create Harry's Invisibilty Cloak to be slightly different from the official one so that it can be permanent.
Harry's Invisibility Cloak
If this figure has not attacked this round, then this figure has no visible Hit Zones and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

All the Glyphs we have created here should also be Ancient Artifact glyphs so that only one of each can ever be in play.

mac122 May 18th, 2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1608482)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1607394)
How about this for Magical Equipment?
MAGICAL EQUIPMENT
At the start of the game, before placing figures, choose up to 6 different Treasure Glyphs. Place any 2 of the chosen glyphs on this Army Card and place the remaining Treasure Glyphs symbol-side up on any empty space outside your start zone at least 8 spaces away from any figure you control.

I'm really not getting the theme of having to put the Glyphs 8 spaces away from figures you control even though I do kinda understand the balance issue. I think something like this would work better.
MAGICAL EQUIPMENT
At the start of the game, before placing figures, choose up to 4 different Treasure Glyphs. Place any 2 of the chosen glyphs on this Army Card and 1 of the chosen Glyphs on each the Army Card of any other Unique Heroes you control.

So he can share his equipment with his team. Plus we only have 4 Glyphs now (Firebolt, Maurader's Map, Invisibilty Cloak, and Sword of Godric Griffindor).

Also I think we should create Harry's Invisibilty Cloak to be slightly different from the official one so that it can be permanent.
If this figure has not attacked this round, then this figure has no visible Hit Zones and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

All the Glyphs we have created here should also be Ancient Artifact glyphs so that only one of each can ever be in play.

The "8 spaces" is definitely more about balance than theme. It feels overpowerful to me to allow Harry's team to start the game with 4 very helpful Treasure Glyphs. Not necessarily against it, but it will boost his cost.

tcglkn May 18th, 2012 02:16 PM

I'm fine with him having a boosted cost. I don't like making weird artificial caps on powers just to make the design more balanced.

JC McMinis May 19th, 2012 11:45 PM

As long as the advantage of starting with the glyphs ate properly represented in Harrys points. I can live with that.

Taeblewalker May 20th, 2012 02:19 AM

I don't mind him being powerful, as he is supposed to be a great sorcerer (from the later movies).

mac122 May 20th, 2012 02:26 AM

What do you think for points? Point cost is usually the trickiest thing for me, but I'll give it a go...150?

tcglkn May 20th, 2012 09:24 PM

This is my final draft with a point cost estimate.

NAME = Harry Potter

FACTION = Gryffindor Jandar

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Wizard
PERSONALITY = Loyal

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

MAGICAL EQUIPMENT

EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, Harry Potter may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, the chosen hero Range is reduced to 1 and that hero rolls one fewer attack die for the remainder of the round.

STUPEFY
If Harry Potter would inflict one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with his normal attack, you may choose to remove the lowest numbered order marker from that figure's card instead of inflicting any wounds.

Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyphs:
Glyph of Firebolt
(Move +2 and Flying)
This figure may move two additional spaces when Flying. When counting spaces for this figure's movement, ignore elevations. This figure may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When this figure starts to fly, if it is engaged it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Glyph of Maurader's Map
(Tactical Advantage)
When you roll for initiative you may add 2 to your roll. If you win initiative, you may choose one opponent. That opponent must remove an "X" Order Marker from an Army Card he or she controls.

Glyph of Gryffindor's Sword
(Melee Attack +2)
This figure rolls two additional attack dice against adjacent figures.

(Invisibility)