Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Bumblebee (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55834)

Tornado May 28th, 2019 04:06 PM

The Book of Bumblebee

The Book of Bumblebee

C3G IDW WAVE 29
CHRISTMAS IN JULY

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ebee_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...lebee_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Hasbro figure from the Energon Igniters set.
Its model name is Bumblebee.

Character Bio - Bumblebee is one of the smallest and physically weakest Autobots. While his stature allows him to do his job better than most Autobots could manage, he is self-conscious about his size. Maybe this is why he makes fast friends among the humans. He looks up (so to speak) to the other Autobots, especially Optimus Prime, but what he doesn't realize is that they look up to him. He may be small, but he's brave, and he's one of the most well-liked Autobots around. Bumblebee already has the respect he craves. (tfwiki.net)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Bumblebee is a single-spaced figure

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Bumblebee's Slug Bug Scout special power allows him to move an Order Marker from his card to the card of another Cybertronian you control.
  • Bumblebee's Enhanced Optics special power allows him to add to the Range numbers of friendly Cybertronians.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a large figure, Bumblebee interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Bumblebee interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Bumblebee cannot use his Carry special power to carry tiny, large, or huge figures.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Tornado May 28th, 2019 04:07 PM

Re: The Book of Bumblebee (Breathe Bee)

NAME = BUMBLEBEE

SPECIES = CYBERTRONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCOUT
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 9
single hex

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 200

SLUG BUG SCOUT
If Bumblebee does not attack a non-adjacent figure on his turn, you may take one additional turn with Bumblebee, during which he may not attack a non-adjacent figure and he does not take leaving engagement attacks. After taking the additional turn, you may move one Order Marker from this card to another Cybertronian card you control.

CARRY
Before moving Bumblebee, you may choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Bumblebee. After you move Bumblebee, place the chosen figure adjacent to Bumblebee.

ENHANCED OPTICS
Friendly Cybertronians with a Range of 4 or more may add 2 to their Range numbers when targeting a figure within 8 clear sight spaces of Bumblebee.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Tornado May 28th, 2019 04:07 PM

Figure pics

Comic

Background

Lazy Orang May 28th, 2019 04:23 PM

That price estimate seems pretty damn high. His powers are nice utility, but I don't reckon they're equal to, say, Captain America, and his stats, again, are good but not amazing. I'd estimate closer to high-100s, which feels more thematic anyway. At least as I remember, Bumblebee is decidedly not a badass.

Tornado May 28th, 2019 04:30 PM

I just went with what Bats told me. :)

Spidey'tilIDie May 28th, 2019 05:10 PM

Is there a reason he is in the Outer Sanctum instead of in the Design Space?

MrNobody May 28th, 2019 05:11 PM

I’d say 9 qualifies as Huge. :2cents:

Soundwarp SG-1 May 28th, 2019 05:21 PM

Personally, I'd make him Huge and double-spaced to make it easier to proxy with other Bumblebees. The current figure certainly could qualify for both, and the vast majority of Bumblebee toys are going to be a bit bigger. Might as well make it easier for people that want to use Masterpiece Bumblebee or Classics Bumblebee or some such.

EDIT: Also means the Prime Bumblbee from that Walmart pack could be used as a proxy if someone ends up buying like, a full case of those for Seeker repaints or something.

Tornado May 28th, 2019 06:19 PM

Large single hex comes with a ton of advantages. Way more mobile and still gets Shadow and jungle bonus.
I am fine with whatever. I have both figures. The smaller figure looks right next to Prime and a human sized figure. Check the pics in the workshop and compare them with the comics and it is really close, way closer than the bigger figure.

It could be mounted on a double space base but he will lose mobility.

Any other thoughts on cost here?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 2285257)
Is there a reason he is in the Outer Sanctum instead of in the Design Space?

My bad. Could someone move this?

Lazy Orang May 28th, 2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2285276)
Large single hex comes with a ton of advantages. Way more mobile and still gets Shadow and jungle bonus.

That sounds tonnes better thematically for Bumblebee.

Ronin May 28th, 2019 08:20 PM

Moved!

He looks like a huge to me, going by the picture in the LCW. Brawnier than Giant-Man. Might be worth thinking about different figures, if this one's super hard to find, though?

The 'disengage from huge' bit might read better at the start of the power than at the end? Or, honestly, it could be its own thing. It's pretty darn concise. I agree with johnny's instinct that it feels a little out of place where it is.

Tornado May 28th, 2019 08:47 PM

Thanks.
I did move disengage. It was originally part of Evasive Autobot.