Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Girder (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52968)

Ronin May 5th, 2016 11:49 AM

The Book of Girder

The Book of Girder

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 49
REVENGE OF THE ROGUES

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rder_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...irder_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the The Flash set.
Its model number and name are #014 / Girder.

Character Bio - After being dumped into a vat of steel that had been reclaimed from STAR Labs experiments, Tony Woodward was changed into a being of living metal. The newly-christened Girder began using his powers for crime, which quickly made him an enemy of the Flash. Girder has since fallen in with the Rogues on several occasions.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Girder is a pretty straightforward bruiser. His only two jobs are to keep dry and hit hard. He does have a higher Attack number than most Rogues, so you may want to keep him in mind as a partner-in-crime for Captain Cold, if your team has room for him; he will run you quite a few more points than your other Rogue options.
  • Rogues faction strategy
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Ronin May 5th, 2016 11:50 AM

Re: The Book of Girder (Design Phase)

NAME = GIRDER
SECRET IDENTITY = TONY WOODWARD

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROGUE
PERSONALITY = CRUEL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 190

STEEL SKIN
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Girder always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. Girder never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage.

RUSTING
At the end of each round, if Girder is on the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 10 from the roll if Girder is on a water space. If you roll 6 or lower, Girder receives one wound.

SUPER STRENGTH

Ronin May 5th, 2016 11:50 AM

Comic: Pretty limited options here, but I've posted what I could find

Figure:

Background:

japes May 5th, 2016 12:07 PM

Essentially same stats as Colossus with a weakness and Rogue Synergies instead of Fastball and Mutant Synergy. Should be a pretty easy process on this guy. It will be nice getting some new Rogue's. He was a cool character on The Flash as well.

Tornado May 5th, 2016 12:36 PM

Heavy Hitter Rogue! Yes!

johnny139 May 5th, 2016 12:54 PM

I'm curious about how he'll fit in with the Rogues - they don't really have anyone on his level yet. Will have to see how it plays.

I'd suggest dropping his Defense to 5 or even 4. 6 + auto-shield will be brutal and really drive up his cost.

Is Steel Skin accurate or is this dude made purely of iron?

Ronin May 5th, 2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2088155)
I'm curious about how he'll fit in with the Rogues - they don't really have anyone on his level yet. Will have to see how it plays.

I'd suggest dropping his Defense to 5 or even 4. 6 + auto-shield will be brutal and really drive up his cost.

Is Steel Skin accurate or is this dude made purely of iron?

I believe it's supposed to be steel, but I don't think it's thematically critical that Steel Skin only be applied to figures that are strictly steel-only.

I'm fine with dropping his defense to 5 if we want his cost down. Might be a good idea for him to weigh in closer to 210-220.

Viegon May 5th, 2016 01:53 PM

I agree with lowering his defense a little. Otherwise, I really like the design as-is. :up:

Ronin May 7th, 2016 01:18 PM

Breathing period's up, so I've nudged his defense down to 5. What do people think about cost? I've got him at 210 at the moment, based on comparisons to Black Panther and Captain America.

TrollBrute May 7th, 2016 05:55 PM

Make sure to PM the Heroes and make a post in the Control Room for linking purposes. I had no idea the thread was up, and I'm probably not the only one.

:up: to the design though. Defense down to 5 is a good idea.

Viegon May 7th, 2016 05:56 PM

Comparing to Rhino and Colossus, I'd say 220-230 seems more likely, but anywhere in the low 200s should be fine for Initial testing.

Ronin May 7th, 2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrollBrute (Post 2088751)
Make sure to PM the Heroes and make a post in the Control Room for linking purposes. I had no idea the thread was up, and I'm probably not the only one.

:up: to the design though. Defense down to 5 is a good idea.

D'oh! Thanks for the reminder. Just PM'd the Heroes who haven't replied here already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viegon (Post 2088752)
Comparing to Rhino and Colossus, I'd say 220-230 seems more likely, but anywhere in the low 200s should be fine for Initial testing.

I'm thinking 220 is his ceiling. Any higher than that and he starts getting obviously outclassed by his peers.