Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis April 1st, 2020 10:22 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Boogeyman
John Wick may attack anytime before, during or after his move. When John Wick moves he may move through small or medium figures and must attack that figure rolling 2 additional attack dice. If the figure is destroyed, John Wick may continue his move. If it is not destroyed place John Wick on an empty space adjacent to the figure.

Confred April 7th, 2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2364362)
Boogeyman
John Wick may attack anytime before, during or after his move. When John Wick moves he may move through small or medium figures and must attack that figure rolling 2 additional attack dice. If the figure is destroyed, John Wick may continue his move. If it is not destroyed place John Wick on an empty space adjacent to the figure.

Wording aside. What are your thoughts on this. Conceptually what does this represent for John Wick?

JC McMinis April 7th, 2020 01:04 PM

I plan on him having triple attack as well btw. But as for this ability mean it to represent how fluidly he seems to move through combat dispatching opponents as he moves. On occasion he graples with someone and sometimes it takes more than one shot to do it.

Taeblewalker April 7th, 2020 11:57 PM

Does the mandatory attack on the figure he moves through count as one of his three attacks?

JC McMinis April 8th, 2020 12:43 AM

Yes. I think it should.

Confred April 8th, 2020 08:58 PM

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ing_200352.png

Taeblewalker April 8th, 2020 10:05 PM

His Attack/Range combo makes him a killer unit even without taking his special powers into consideration. That said, the lack of bonding and the high price point makes him seem balanced, even in light of his awesome stats.

Confred April 9th, 2020 08:09 AM

I changed the power to only medium figures as a nod to Dogs being small and Humans being medium. He is the Human slayer. Granted, if summoned to Valhalla he'd be equally good at killing most things i thought this anti-medium niche would be cute - and it saves word capital.

JC McMinis April 18th, 2020 12:40 AM

Heres a new idea. (I did not change Human Shield)

Master Assassin
When John Wick attacks normally, he may attack 2 additional times. John Wick many attack any ti, during or after his move.
(This represents his ability to go through and pick off peons quickly)

Boogeyman
Instead of moving and attacking normally, John Wick can move through and attack an opponents medium figure, rolling 2 additional dice. if that figure is destroyed, John Wick may continue his move.
(This represents that possibly tougher opponent he may or may not kill with one shot. If not he is stuck, if he does he can keep moving but can't get off another shot)

HUMAN SHIELD
If John Wick is adjacent to a medium figure, you may roll the 20-sided die each time he is attacked. If you roll a 7 or higher, add the figure's Defense value to the number of defense dice John Wick rolls. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the adjacent figure.

Confred April 23rd, 2020 09:14 PM

Master Assassin overlaps uncomfortably with Boogeyman. I don't like it.

I think Boogeyman accomplished most of what Master Assassin wants to do, except conditional double attack instead of guaranteed triple.

If we want to have three powers, that's fine, but I'm not convinced this is it.

BOOGEYMAN
John Wick can move through all medium figures. When moving, if John Wick is on an empty space, he may attack with his normal attack. After attacking, John Wick may continue his movement. If he attacks a figure he moves through, John Wick rolls 2 additional attack dice. If the figure is destroyed, John Wick may attack an additional time and continue his movement.

It's a pickle. Thoughts?

Confred April 23rd, 2020 11:30 PM

I wasn't satisfied with my initial thoughts. Leave no puzzle unsolved.

Here's a possible solution:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ing_506435.png

MASTER ASSASSIN
John Wick may attack before moving. After John Wick attacks, he may attack two additional times. If he destroys a figure, he may continue moving before attacking with any additional attacks.

BOOGEYMAN
John Wick can move through all medium figures. If he attacks a figure he moves through, John Wick rolls 2 additional attack dice.

HUMAN SHIELD
Before rolling defense dice, if John Wick is adjacent to a medium figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 7 or higher, add the figure's Defense value to the number of defense dice John Wick rolls. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the adjacent figure.

Spoiler Alert!

Confred April 25th, 2020 10:15 AM

I shared the above design to Facebook Heroscapers to increase the feedback pool (and hopefully pull people in)

The most common comment is Points. They say this guy can easily take on Silver Surfer / Hulk and should be in the 350 range.
I feel that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm okay with John Wick going up in Points, because let's be honest, I doubt his services would be cheap.

This version has also been compared to Major Q9 (not a compliment)
They have a point here. I think John Wick should have a high Range, but get more deadly as he closes in.

Something like

When choosing figures to attack, John Wick may attack once at Range 8, twice at Range 5, or three times at Range 1.

I also think we could drop his Defense to 3 to encourage him to close the gap and utilize Human Shield.