Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Gen Con (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Gen Con 2019 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55479)

Matthias Maccabeus January 13th, 2019 01:18 PM

Gen Con 2019

Just wanted all to know that @lonewolf submitted our events today for this year. Everything is on time this year, which should hopefully take care of any shenanigans from the previous year. We will keep all updated as we get updates. Thanks for your patience and hope to see you all this summer in Indy!

P.S. I expect Hatamoto armies to be on the rise.

Tornado January 13th, 2019 01:26 PM

Re: Gen Con 2019

Wow, that went by fast. Good news. Thanks MM and LW and the whole crew!

Hahnarama January 13th, 2019 02:07 PM

I've known Jeter for a few years and I have to say he is always calm and level headed. A no cussing no drinking kind of guy. (Nothing wrong with that)

I have never seen him as "fired up" last year about the Dufus who screwed you guys in getting events in on time.

I hope you get a better location than Lucas Oil this year.

lefton4ya January 14th, 2019 01:17 PM

Awesome - man you guys are on the ball! I for one actually prefer Lucas Oil, and I know I am not alone based on 2018 feedback, but I know some people would also prefer to be closer to everything else. Basically for those that play Heroscape almost exclusively they would prefer Lucas oil, but for those that Heroscape is just part of their Gencon experience, then the main game hall is better. Either way I do hope we get more "Learn to play/Open Play" takers.

lonewolf January 15th, 2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefton4ya (Post 2247266)
Awesome - man you guys are on the ball! I for one actually prefer Lucas Oil, and I know I am not alone based on 2018 feedback, but I know some people would also prefer to be closer to everything else. Basically for those that play Heroscape almost exclusively they would prefer Lucas oil, but for those that Heroscape is just part of their Gencon experience, then the main game hall is better. Either way I do hope we get more "Learn to play/Open Play" takers.

So everyone knows, we don't get to pick where we go, Gencon tells us.

Dad_Scaper January 15th, 2019 12:36 PM

I hope to get back this year.

I'm managing my expectations about where 'Scape will be, though. I think it's unlikely to be back in Hall A or B, near the Dealer Hall, again this year. High hopes, low expectations.

I'd like to think that people know that you guys - Lonewolf, MM, and all those in your inner circle - are not the reason for the problems last year. Many, many thanks for putting together this special event for all of us, fellas. :grouphug:

Cleon January 25th, 2019 02:22 AM

Reeeally hope to make it this year, hope to bring my pops as well.

sword4hire January 26th, 2019 11:58 AM

I am going to Gen Con for the first time this year. Hoping to participate in some Heroscape. I will be Hatamoto-ready.

Tornado January 26th, 2019 01:49 PM

Housing Portal time of 5pm. :(
I have never once got a time where I could actually get a hotel. Such BS.
Good thing my friend locked down some rooms for us at the Embassy on his own.
It would be nice if just once I could get a room. :)

Dragon Ruler January 27th, 2019 03:10 PM

Booked my hotel through the portal. Portal only allowed me to book a room for Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights. Could not book for Wednesday. Anyone else have that problem?

Dragon Ruler January 27th, 2019 03:46 PM

Was able to go back in and modify and pick up Wed. night so we are all set. I have no idea what the problem was as I had tried to modify several times and could not do so.

Hendal January 31st, 2019 05:47 PM

Yea, can not wait. I got way better games for prizes this year, he he. Who do we talk to about shirts ( even a repeat of a old version with a new year on it) - I am willing to donate as always for shirts. I vote Lucas oil stadium, but I play HS all day, so it works for me. Looking forward to another great year. Am trying to do Origins this year, the plan is to do that and make paperweights that same visit, that will be prizes for HS at GC, but only time will tell if I can pull it off.