Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Arch-vile May 16th, 2020 07:37 PM

Re: The Book of Vehicle Rules

I copied the formatting of the original Vehicle Rules thread OP here, so no bio I believe. We will need to remove the Sports Car card from the OP before release, but I left it there since it's not posted anywhere else yet. :p

IAmBatman May 16th, 2020 09:08 PM

Do we want to bring the currently released Sports Car back into the sanctum to prep it?

Karat May 17th, 2020 02:00 AM

Wording seems clear.

IAmBatman May 17th, 2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 2384376)
Wording seems clear.

That's a relief! Thanks! :-)

IAmBatman July 1st, 2020 11:28 AM

I'm not sure if this needs inclusion in the official rules booklet (or where to put it) or if we can simply FAQ it, but I realized at the Con that it's important to make the rule that VDOs cannot occupy VDOs.

Otherwise you potentially have a situation where a Large vehicle enters and occupies and DRIVES a Huge vehicle.

johnny139 July 1st, 2020 01:36 PM

I mean, what comes to mind for me is that scene in Guardians of the Galaxy where Star-Lord hijacks one of the enemy ships while piloting that little pod thing... so maybe we should leave the door open for cars driving cars. :p

I'd tag it into this part of the ENTERING VEHICLES section:

"A figure that is not a VDO may enter a VDO by ending its movement on a space adjacent to the VDO if it meets the following criteria:"

Maybe open that up to destructible objects in general? If we ever start animating those or something?

IAmBatman July 1st, 2020 03:44 PM

I think that if we get into things like spaceships, there's room to "break" this power in their special rules and let VDOs enter them. I just don't want the Batmobile piloting the elevator car or anything. :-P

IAmBatman July 1st, 2020 03:44 PM

Does johnny's text update here look good to folks? It works for me.

MrNobody July 1st, 2020 03:51 PM

Yeah, I think if we get to stuff big enough to hold other vehicles (TARDIS, Serenity, Helicarrier), there’s an argument that the yoke should be on them.

IAmBatman July 1st, 2020 04:29 PM

Helicarrier is arguably just terrain and not a VDO anyway. And while a car could certainly fit INSIDE a TARDIS, are you really driving one into it?

IAmBatman July 1st, 2020 04:32 PM

OK, SP updated. @japes you did these, yes? There was no Art by in the OP, but I updated it.

Karat July 3rd, 2020 07:59 PM

That update looks good :up: