Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Welcome to C3G! – Directory (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28312)

GreyOwl January 8th, 2010 07:34 PM

Re: The Life Of A C3G Design

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 986406)
Membership requested :D.

You're not a member?!!

I officially nominate A3n!!!

IAmBatman January 8th, 2010 07:34 PM

C3G will be approving a scenario if it has its own map and we will definitely be putting each scenario and map through scrutiny unless they happen to be using a BoM map. But even then we'll be putting the map through scrutiny for how it works with the scenario.
Really, though, with the map usage being scenario based, we don't have to have the same type of scrutiny BoM or BoV have. We're not testing to see if the map works for competitive play - we're only testing to make sure the build instructions aren't flawed, the map actually stays together, and that the map works for the scenario (and that the scenario works in general). So it's really a horse of a different color. You could end up using a BoV map and while it's a great map for tourney play, it ends up being horrible for the scenario you create.

IAmBatman January 8th, 2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 986408)
I actually think we could fill a niche that BoV doesn't by allowing submissions of maps that are not meant for competitive play. Someone may want to build a really cool city map for superhero battles, but it may not have to have a scenario attached to it, right? We'd just have to make it clear that our review of the map is not for competitive purposes, but only for playability, stability, and theme.

Noncompetitive maps are great. I love them. But there's really very little to "test" with them outside of scenario use if they're noncompetitive maps. That's why I didn't end up going with maps as a separate category.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 986409)
Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 986406)
Membership requested :D.

You're not a member?!!

I officially nominate A3n!!!

He's been officially voted in as a sidekick, I'd just forgotten to tell him all about the badges until today.

A3n January 8th, 2010 07:42 PM

Ohhh shiny badge. Pretty.

IAmBatman January 8th, 2010 07:42 PM

Looks good on ya. :-D

A3n January 8th, 2010 08:30 PM

When we start I think we should have one master thread that has it's initial post updated to state what's being worked on, what stage it's at, who's directing it & a link to it's individual thread. Much like your post here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=1324

Cheers

IAmBatman January 8th, 2010 08:56 PM

I agree. Once the X-Men set is done, we'll shift focus to waves in general and I can unsticky both the X-Men thread and the World's Finest thread in favor of a single thread that has links to all active Development threads (I actually might just use this thread's first post for that purpose) and then a single "Release Thread" where we'll update the first post with the most recent "release" and we'll also have links to the "books" of each unit once they're released and changed into "books." The Design thread for each unit will eventually become a "book of" thread for that same unit. We will need to start individual threads for the books of each of the World's Finest units and Glyphs eventually, though ...

A3n January 8th, 2010 08:59 PM

My hat's off to you Bats, you have a lot of work just organising all this never lone participating. And it appears you have done a lot of thinking around it also.

Cheers

IAmBatman January 8th, 2010 09:00 PM

You'd be surprised the amount of work and thought Griffin puts into this behind the scenes as well. Being able to talk with him and Hahma on the phone really helps refine the thinking behind changes like this.

Hahma January 9th, 2010 07:52 PM

Congrats on the new badge A3n, it's well deserved and looks rather sporting on you. 8)

Wear it well and wear it proudly. :D

A3n January 9th, 2010 08:26 PM

:oops: Aww, gee thanx Hahma.

Griffin January 11th, 2010 05:52 PM

A3n, I like the badge, wear it with pride.:D